Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Paul Super Bowl  (Read 24148 times)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Paul Super Bowl
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2005, 11:29:21 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
OK, I'll approach it like this. Regardless of what "influence" means, Paul influences very few these days, COMPARED to the Beatle days. I think most people would agree with that.

The next bit is more controversial. I think Paul had little influence on popular music after the Beatles broke up EXCEPT that his bass playing became a model for many, many musicians who weren't even born until the late 70s!

Well hopefully to finalise this tired debate, I will add a few last petty points. Wayne had stated that Pauls influence had 'come and GONE'...That's all what I was saying all along.
Of course his influence is less these days. No-one unless they had been in a coma for 40 years could think that he has the same impact..think I mentioned that in another post. It has not GONE though. Yes I am influenced by Macca but not to blind obsessive levels. To play his bass lines and simultaneously sing is always a challenge I relish.
Bands other than Jet still want to record at Abbey Rd. Crowded House, Oasis, The Bee's, Stone Roses, Radiohead are all prime examples of his influence that resonates from Paul's time with The Beatles. HE will influence musicians of all levels and genres for time to come. Now I agree that post-beatles is a different thing. And if we are talking Paul solo then yours and Waynes points are a lot stronger. As an all encompassing artist though (including his time with The Beatles)....well you get me drift now? I'm knackered and going dizzy...Can we get back to his performance now? :-/
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2005, 12:08:40 AM »

Quote from: Frightwolf
HereComesYourSun wrote: "No dont get me wrong, Hey Jude is my #1 favorite song in the world, I just found it odd that they all concluded perfectly, despite the fact that he cut the Na Naas short of the real version."

Really?

Hey Jude vs. Here Comes The Sun

:)

Nah I like Jude better, I just like my name :)

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2005, 12:22:17 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun

Nah I like Jude better, I just like my name :)

I woulda never thunk it!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2005, 03:22:21 AM »

I would have.

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2005, 03:42:56 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
OK, I'll approach it like this. Regardless of what "influence" means, Paul influences very few these days, COMPARED to the Beatle days. I think most people would agree with that.

The next bit is more controversial. I think Paul had little influence on popular music after the Beatles broke up EXCEPT that his bass playing became a model for many, many musicians who weren't even born until the late 70s!

I have to agree, for the most part.  He was a huge influence as a Beatle and as a Beatle still influences younger musicians (on a lesser scale than 2 or 3 decades ago).

As to his solo influence?  Negligible.  Next to none.  Jellyfish covered Jet, calling it the sexiest song ever made.  No, I don't know what they meant either.

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2005, 03:44:10 AM »

I just watched the Halftime performance again. It was even better the 2nd time around.  I didn't notice the star on Paul's shirt the other night. I'm assuming that was a slight jab at the wardrobe malfunction from last year? Janet had a star on the dreaded right breast didn't she?

« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2005, 09:44:04 PM »

Was Paul's voice OK?

Fried_Chicken

« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2005, 10:34:21 PM »

yes

« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2005, 03:29:37 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster
Was Paul's voice OK?

Paul's voice was super strong, he kicked alot of you know what in 12 minutes.

Fried_Chicken

« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2005, 05:19:14 PM »

bettern than the 2002 tour

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2005, 01:37:19 AM »

Good, because when you listen to Let It Be from his Glastonbury performance he's wobbling all over the place.

Paul's voice has matured very well (unlike say Brian Wilson's) whilst he can't pull off the inoccent youthfull voice anymore  he makes up with it with a little gravel making songs like Lonely Road send a shiver down my spine.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2005, 03:29:30 AM »

I liked when he did the Beatle bow after Get Back. Anyone else notice that? So cute!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 58 queries.