Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fab 4 on lp set from the US Social Security Admin?  (Read 5507 times)

Fab 4 on lp set from the US Social Security Admin?
« on: October 11, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »

[size=18][size=14][face=Verdana]Dear sir(s) or madam(s);

Years ago I stumbled upon a multi disc (33 1/3 lp) collection entitled "Social Security Presents Musical America." There are 7 discs, 15 minutes on each side, and hosted by Tammy Grimes. The label number is Social Security SSA No. 10768.

One side of one lp is devoted to the Beatles with a number of their songs sang in their entirety by the Fab Four.

After listening to one of the discs it was obvious that this set was meant to be aired on radio stations, and yet I can find no note of this enigmatic collection on any list of Beatles' discographies. 8)

Anyone familiar with this collection? It's worth$[/face][/size][/size]

Thanks for your consideration,

Xeno
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Fab 4 on lp set from the US Social Security Admin?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »

Hi Xeno, welcome to DM's. Hope you stick around.
About your lp set: I have not heard of such a thing before, but there's plenty of knowledge on this forum. So, there might be someone with the answer.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:28:13 PM »

never heard of it.

sounds weird

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »

Yeah, what the hell is that?
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »

And what would The Boys have to do with 'Musical America', other than redifining it for decades to come?

:-/

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:42:47 AM »

Quote from:  link=topic=6711.msg154241#msg154241 date=1192119631
[size=18][size=14][face=Verdana]Dear sir(s) or madam(s);

Years ago I stumbled upon a multi disc (33 1/3 lp) collection entitled "Social Security Presents Musical America." There are 7 discs, 15 minutes on each side, and hosted by Tammy Grimes. The label number is Social Security SSA No. 10768.

One side of one lp is devoted to the Beatles with a number of their songs sang in their entirety by the Fab Four.

After listening to one of the discs it was obvious that this set was meant to be aired on radio stations, and yet I can find no note of this enigmatic collection on any list of Beatles' discographies. 8)

Anyone familiar with this collection? It's worth$[/face][/size][/size]

Thanks for your consideration,

Xeno

I know this is an old thread but it piqued my interest. Apparently these are 15 minute public service radio shows that the Social Security Administration produced to get info out to people. I think they ran from 1979-1983 and featured various hosts appealing to the about to retire crowd at that time. I saw this particular set with Tammy Grimes for sale at a couple of sites and they go for quite a bit. I couldn't find anything specifically about the show featuring The Beatles but I did find this:

https://youtu.be/RBzr03DFH8Q

So Xeno, if you're out there somewhere, I hope you hung on to those!

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »

That was fun to listen to!

KelMar

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 02:18:30 AM »

That was fun to listen to!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought so! You know, I could have used Tammy Grimes when I had to take care of some business for my mom at the Social Security office. The lady I got didn’t seem to like her job very much.  ;D

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 10:16:55 PM »

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought so! You know, I could have used Tammy Grimes when I had to take care of some business for my mom at the Social Security office. The lady I got didn’t seem to like her job very much.  ;D

Yes, great fun to listen to.

I'm having a conversation with the pensions office at this very moment (I send them a question, they answer two weeks later) so perhaps I should get Tammy Grimes on my case to tell them how easy it all is!

Page created in 0.534 seconds with 51 queries.