Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth  (Read 4279 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 09:05:07 AM »

Responding to the Paul McCartney question, Paul put out the quite good Driving Rain......Van Halen's last good effort was OU812 in 1988. You do the math. Paul is still putting out commercially (and often critically) successful material. VH is just a dinosaur band touring around the country for cash.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 10:42:02 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1086695702,s=17 date=1087151105]Do you think Paul McCartney is the same as an artist today as he was during his Beatles days just as much as Eddie Van Halen isn't the same as he was as an artist during his VH days with DLR?

Wayne L.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 12:54:42 PM »

Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth are the last great rock duo as members of a rock band like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Townsend/Daltrey, Page/Plant, Osbourne/Iommi, Tyler/Perry & Simmons/Stanley since they were the yin & the yang of the legendary rock band Van Halen which is why those first six important & influential classic rock albums are timeless & the millions of VH fans who experienced them live in those days(like myself)will never forget!

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 02:52:16 PM »

Awesome! I got to read a classic Wayne post for what seems like the sixtieth time.....maybe if I say VAN HALEN BLOWS EVERYONE in those really big letters, I'll get to hear it once more directly after my post!

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Wayne L.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 02:11:41 PM »

I'm not comparing Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth to Lennon/McCartney some of my fellow misguided Beatles fans but they are without a doubt one of the last GREAT rock duos in a rock group with Eddie's guitar virtuosity & Dave's outrageous showmanship which is why Van Halen is one of the last great rock & roll bands because what came after them has been lame.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 04:07:26 PM »

van halen are really underrated here i see... comparing them to lennon/mccartney...you just cant, but saying they suck you cant either...eddie van halen is one of the greatest guitarists of all times...from van halen I to balance it's class...van halen III was a flop, but eddie's guitar playing was still great...I went to see them in 2004, and its the best concert ill see in a long time...they're unbelievable live...
anyways the beatles are the greatest, but van halen is a great band too...

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2005, 05:03:33 AM »

Quote from: lennon-legend
van halen are really underrated here i see... comparing them to lennon/mccartney...you just cant, but saying they suck you cant either...eddie van halen is one of the greatest guitarists of all times...from van halen I to balance it's class...van halen III was a flop, but eddie's guitar playing was still great...I went to see them in 2004, and its the best concert ill see in a long time...they're unbelievable live...
anyways the beatles are the greatest, but van halen is a great band too...

I cant belive Eddie Van halen got like #80 or something on the 100 greatest guitarists list, Rolling Stone is sh*t

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2005, 08:23:58 PM »

yeah whata joke... he got 70 i think... some other disapointements in that list is no frampton and gilmour is like between 80 and 90 i think...

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2005, 10:46:03 PM »

I think I agree with Wayne L.  EVH and DLR were a great team.   Same as Axl & Slash.  I think DLR's voice, though, is really kinda weird when you listen to it.  He really sings pretty low in his register on Runnin with the Devil.  And why does that song keep repeating the same lyrics for the third verse?  Couldn't they come up with something better?

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 01:46:23 AM »

I was fortunate enough to see VH on the 'Diver Down' tour in '82 (Diamond Dave was still in the band then for all you young'ns) and they were just a force. What a great show. If anyone is interested in an entertaining read, pick up Dave's 'Crazy From the Heat'. I know you are probably thinking it is a book of sexual conquests and anger toward his former band mates, but that stuff is kept to a minimum. I love the way he writes, he's very intelligent and couple that with his free association and you've got a pretty good book.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 56 queries.