Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 252924 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1780 on: July 12, 2011, 04:45:52 AM »

You know you're a fan when you're soooooo friggin' happy that your 7-year-old niece points to each of your Beatles cartoon figures and names each one correctly! She even knew their last names, the only one she didn't really remember was Harrison. But that's ok, she's learning.  :) I didn't even think she knew them apart that much or that she knew their last names. She really surprised me when she told them apart and named them. I'm trying to turn her and my 5-year-old niece, her sister, into fans. It's going pretty well I think, haha. I'm so happy, I hope they become huge fans.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:48:12 AM by Beatlemaniac64 »
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #1781 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »

The Beatles HELP ! part 7 german

2:00
Das ist nicht die feine englische Art, du böse, böse Kanone, du
This is not the fine English style, you bad, bad gun, you
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:27:29 AM by Badgirl66 »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1782 on: July 12, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »

You know you're a fan when you're soooooo friggin' happy that your 7-year-old niece points to each of your Beatles cartoon figures and names each one correctly!

Hey, that's awesome, esp. for a 7-year-old! My kids (older: 13, 12, and 9 years) can now tell them apart, too. I'd make it harder for them by showing them early Beatles photos in which they have the same haircut, clothes, etc. (a "Beatles Final Exam," as it were!)

Good for you for encouraging future fans!  ;D

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1783 on: July 13, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »

Ah, I forgot one from the other week...  you know you're a Beatles fan when you're trying desperately to impress your boyfriend's father, who's come to help while you both move house.  There's always been a bit of a inferiority thing, due to the fact that his dad's awfully posh, rich and Southern, and you're the complete opposite - not very well off, Northern and common as muck.  You're sitting in a pub doing what you think is a rather good attempt at being a normal, civilised human being of which your boyfriend's dad might approve of when the subject of how multilingual you all are comes up.  After laughing about how little languages you all speak, your boyfriend suddenly comes out with "although throw The Beatles into the equation and she's a proper German - 'Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand' and 'Sie Leibt Dich' came on the other day and she knew every word!"   ha2ha
It's true, I have something of a talent for learning languages through song, just listening to them and learning the words phonetically before I actually pick up the actual linguistics of what I'm saying.  I can do it with Finnish and Japanese too...  is that a good talent?  I'm really not sure   2ch

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

KelMar

« Reply #1784 on: July 13, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »

It's true, I have something of a talent for learning languages through song, just listening to them and learning the words phonetically before I actually pick up the actual linguistics of what I'm saying.  I can do it with Finnish and Japanese too...  is that a good talent?  I'm really not sure   2ch

xxx

I think so!

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1785 on: July 13, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »

I think so!

Yeah, rubbish multilingual blagging FTW!   ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #1786 on: July 13, 2011, 11:31:29 PM »

You know your a fan when you go into target and run into the supplies section and run to find anything Beatles related and SCREAM!!!!!!!! when you find Beatles john lennon Help note book. And people are watching you jumping up and down hugging all the beatles things. So you go buy an Abbey Road note book and folder. And a Hard day's night  note book like the album cover.And is going to try to scan the things if possible tommrow to show everyone!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1787 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:39 AM »

^That's awesome!

Hey, that's awesome, esp. for a 7-year-old! My kids (older: 13, 12, and 9 years) can now tell them apart, too. I'd make it harder for them by showing them early Beatles photos in which they have the same haircut, clothes, etc. (a "Beatles Final Exam," as it were!)

Good for you for encouraging future fans!  ;D

Thanks!

I read this one on a Beatles fansite a few years back. I haven't actually done this yet, but it's a lovely idea I'm considering. Here's what it said:
You know you're a fan when you make a Beatles pillowcase (starts drooling on Beatles).

LOL  ;D
-Julia

ilovegeorge78

• A Beginning
  • No need for Judo Chopping Ringo,George!
« Reply #1788 on: July 14, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »

You dont remember how you started listening to the beatles,so thats the only beatles question you dont know the answer to.
I honestly dont remember! I'm just going to start assuming it was beatles rockband..
All the world's a birthday cake,so take a piece but not too much.-George Harrison
Imagine theres no heaven-John Lennon
MAYBE IM AMAZEED!!!-Paul McCartney
I wanna be your MAN!-Ringo Starr

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1789 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »

You know you're a fan...

When everyone around seems to know that you're the Beatles fan in town and give you Beatley stuff. The other day, our neighbors a few houses down the street found out I was a fan, and then yesterday called and said they had some old Beatles stuff for me. They gave me a bunch of '60s records and magazines from the '80s. I don't see how people would want to get rid of their antique Beatle stuff. To me, that stuff is like gold.

When you'd much rather be on here than on something like Facebook.

When watching the Washington Coliseum concert actually brings tears to your eyes. I don't know why, I guess it was tears of joy and nostalgia. I'm sappy, I know.  :) But for the first time, I actually saw the concert in its entirety the other day and man it was amazing! It would've been so breath-taking to be there 'cause it was so wild and up-close and personal. Here's the whole show with a little intro thingy:

http://youtu.be/JeNRB2bzfJ0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:31:46 PM by Beatlemaniac64 »
-Julia

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1790 on: July 15, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »

Okay, so this isn't strictly Beatle related, but you know you're an old-school record fan when you're looking at the tracklist of a CD and wonder if one of the songs on it is the full version or just the short cut...  so you take the CD out and turn it over to 'count the grooves to see how long the track is'.  HOPELESS VINYL ADDICT!   ha2ha

xxx

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1791 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »

^

Yeah.  You're hopeless alright.   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1792 on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:08 PM »

You know you're a fan...

When everyone around seems to know that you're the Beatles fan in town and give you Beatley stuff. The other day, our neighbors a few houses down the street found out I was a fan, and then yesterday called and said they had some old Beatles stuff for me. They gave me a bunch of '60s records and magazines from the '80s. I don't see how people would want to get rid of their antique Beatle stuff. To me, that stuff is like gold.

When you'd much rather be on here than on something like Facebook.

When watching the Washington Coliseum concert actually brings tears to your eyes. I don't know why, I guess it was tears of joy and nostalgia. I'm sappy, I know.  :) But for the first time, I actually saw the concert in its entirety the other day and man it was amazing! It would've been so breath-taking to be there 'cause it was so wild and up-close and personal. Here's the whole show with a little intro thingy:

http://youtu.be/JeNRB2bzfJ0

Thank you for posting this, Julia!
I can stay till it's time to go

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1793 on: July 15, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »

You're welcome  :)
-Julia

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1794 on: July 16, 2011, 02:00:19 AM »

^That's awesome!

Thanks!

I read this one on a Beatles fansite a few years back. I haven't actually done this yet, but it's a lovely idea I'm considering. Here's what it said:
You know you're a fan when you make a Beatles pillowcase (starts drooling on Beatles).

LOL  ;D

Love it! That's great!  :D

KelMar

« Reply #1795 on: July 17, 2011, 03:07:14 AM »

Quote from: Beatlemaniac64
When watching the Washington Coliseum concert actually brings tears to your eyes. I don't know why, I guess it was tears of joy and nostalgia. I'm sappy, I know.   But for the first time, I actually saw the concert in its entirety the other day and man it was amazing! It would've been so breath-taking to be there 'cause it was so wild and up-close and personal. Here's the whole show with a little intro thingy:

I completely understand your reaction to the Coliseum concert Julia. All the close shots of the kids in the audience really makes one feel the excitement. It's as close to being there as you and I will ever get. I caught a glimpse of my face reflected in my computer screen and looked pretty blissful watching it. LOL One of the girls they showed right after "All My Loving" looked so much like my sister. She was the right age at that time but I know it wasn't her. She did have a ticket to see The Beatles in Philadelphia, but at the last minute the uncle of the friend she was going with called and said that the venue was "in a bad neighborhood" and that ended that dream. I'm glad I was too young to remember the fallout of that! I'm guessing it wasn't pretty!

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1796 on: July 17, 2011, 04:49:34 AM »

I completely understand your reaction to the Coliseum concert Julia. All the close shots of the kids in the audience really makes one feel the excitement. It's as close to being there as you and I will ever get. I caught a glimpse of my face reflected in my computer screen and looked pretty blissful watching it. LOL One of the girls they showed right after "All My Loving" looked so much like my sister. She was the right age at that time but I know it wasn't her. She did have a ticket to see The Beatles in Philadelphia, but at the last minute the uncle of the friend she was going with called and said that the venue was "in a bad neighborhood" and that ended that dream. I'm glad I was too young to remember the fallout of that! I'm guessing it wasn't pretty!

Yeah, seeing all the kids' reactions was pretty exciting and actually kind of moving in a way. And I just think the Beatles were in their prime during this era. They just seemed so innocent and youthful. That was also moving to me for some reason. I don't know why, I guess 'cause it just seemed like such happy times for everyone and for them. Wow, I'm really sentimental about the whole thing. It's just hard for me to explain it in words. But I think we all get it.

Oh man, I can't believe your sister didn't get to go! That's a bummer.  :(
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #1797 on: July 17, 2011, 04:57:53 AM »

Quote from: Beatlemaniac64
I guess 'cause it just seemed like such happy times for everyone and for them.

They were just what this country needed after we lost JFK. That early Beatles music always works to lift my mood, all these years later.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1798 on: July 17, 2011, 05:08:24 AM »

They were just what this country needed after we lost JFK. That early Beatles music always works to lift my mood, all these years later.

I completely agree with both of the things you said. The early Beatles are my personal favorite era. The songs and those times just symbolize bliss and comfort for me.  :)
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #1799 on: July 17, 2011, 05:23:46 AM »

I completely agree with both of the things you said. The early Beatles are my personal favorite era. The songs and those times just symbolize bliss and comfort for me.  :)

I am so glad to know there are young people who appreciate those days! That's one of the neatest things about this forum
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98

Page created in 1.276 seconds with 83 queries.