Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 12127 times)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Phobias
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »

i have a phobia of beatle who don't like the Beatles! :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

Ghosts andy ;) as i've got older i find i cant go downstairs without the light on, i have an overactive imagination  ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »

^ you are not alone mate!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »

I think I have a phobia of my family. Wonder what the  name of that is!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »

I also have a fear of frogs.  Iguanas too.  
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »

I actually have major anxiety and stuff. Don't know if it's a phobia though. My doc put me on Lexapro a couple of months ago for GAD, but I swear, I really don't think it's working. Xanax worked a bit better, but only short term. Anxiety SUCKS! It's exhausting. I'm a mess.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »

^  Have you tried doing therapy?  I would highly recommend that if you can find a therapist you like.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »

I also suffer from anxiety and was diagnosed with BDD was meant to attend Cognitive therapy but found walking helped a bit better ;) so get out walking it clears the mind

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 11:42:02 PM »

Quote from: 758
I also suffer from anxiety and was diagnosed with BDD was meant to attend Cognitive therapy but found walking helped a bit better ;) so get out walking it clears the mind

I hike and exercise quite a bit actually. Doesn't help with the anxiety. I mean, it relieves stress, but anxiety is more a physical reaction to certain situations. I've actually gotten a lot better with it over the years. I think. My doctor didn't recommend therapy. You have to be committed to do all that stuff anyway like behavior modification and so on. I know my limitations! But these meds are sort of making me a bit zombie like, so I don't know if I'll continue with it. Rather be anxious.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »

Quote from: 216
I actually have major anxiety and stuff. Don't know if it's a phobia though. My doc put me on Lexapro a couple of months ago for GAD, but I swear, I really don't think it's working. Xanax worked a bit better, but only short term. Anxiety SUCKS! It's exhausting. I'm a mess.

well i too suffer from anxity etc, but it all ties in with my Aspergers Syndrome, i don't think its a phobia though.
i have phobias of goin in crowded places or something like gettin a bus with a lot of people.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:06 AM »

What i meant by the walking excercise part helping my anxiety, is i find the happier i am or more active the less ibecome anxiousin certain situations, i tend to become more prone to being anxious iof im self doubting.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »

What i meant by the walking excercise part helping my anxiety, is i find the happier i am or more active the less ibecome anxiousin certain situations, i tend to become more prone to being anxious iof im self doubting.

I think keeping yourself busy is a good way to curb anxiety issues.  Healthy distractions can be helpful, IMO.  However, I mentioned therapy earlier because it can help to air out past or current issues that may contribute to anxiety.  Commitment to therapy is important, but it definitely isn't for everyone.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2009, 04:03:34 AM »

I'd rather be a crazy rather than conform to what is accepted as "normal" anymore. Personally, I think most people are insane. Or just really, really stupid.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »

Anxiety can be killed by having a healthy way of life. You plan what you are to do the next day, have a schedule, or a timetable. Try to stick to it. If something occurs, take some time, stay calm and cool to be able to think over the situation properly.
But still, what is most important is HEALTHY LIFE! And you will manage everything well.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 01:00:47 AM »

Quote from: 216
I'd rather be a crazy rather than conform to what is accepted as "normal" anymore. Personally, I think most people are insane. Or just really, really stupid.

People are just really, really stupid.  I can't believe how many stupid idiotic people there is in this world.  How do they function? How do they get up everyday and function when they are so stupid?

Sorry, just been one of those days.
<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 04:24:39 AM »

Quote from: 1204
People are just really, really stupid.  I can't believe how many stupid idiotic people there is in this world.  How do they function? How do they get up everyday and function when they are so stupid?

Sorry, just been one of those days.

It's okay.  I've probably asked myself the same question before.  This is a good argument in favor of contraception too, LOL!  Don't let stupid people breed more stupid people.  :P

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »

My biggest fear is Spiders. I always make my mom kill them. She always teases me about what I'm going to do when grow up and move out and I tell her thats what boyfriends and husbands are for  ;D It sounds silly but I really freak out. I had my mom cover all the pictures of spiders in the invertabrate section of my Bio textbook because I could not look at them. I also have a fear of drowning because I can't swim. I can't go near large bodies of water because I'm afread I'll fall in!

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2014, 05:58:50 PM »

First that come to mind: public humiliation, speaking in front of a crowd, frogs and mouses.

I'm also claustrophobic to a small extent.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

KelMar

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2014, 06:58:03 PM »

I am extremely afraid of snakes. My brother used to have nightmares about me getting bit by a rattlesnake so he always told me that if I saw a snake when I was out playing to run in the house as fast as I could. He was sort of justified in his fears because the county we lived in was known for the rattler population. I never actually saw one but a lady who grew up in our house before my family lived there said one came in the yard when she was little. She was out playing and her mom looked out the window and saw it. So I wonder if my brother heard that story. Whatever the case, his warnings worked...too well!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »

I used to sell garter snakes at school in Jr. High! I always took the shortcut along the old railroad tracks and in May/June they were everywhere. I'd get 1$ a snake. Needless to say the school was full of snakes!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 85 queries.