Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles Remasters 2009/10 - Chart Success .  (Read 3371 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
The Beatles Remasters 2009/10 - Chart Success .
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

I'm posting this thread so we can post the chart success of "The Beatles Remasters" in different charts around the world .
Think it will be interesting to see how well these Beatles CD's sell and do chart wise ?  :)

JonnyBeatle

• One And One Is Two
    • Beatles Blog
Re: The Beatles Remasters 2009/10 - Chart Success .
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »

It'll be very interesting. Be aware that the Billboard 200 charts won't include any Beatles releases because they exclude all albums older than 18 months... That's why Michael Jackson's albums aren't showing up on the Billboard 200 even though they've been the top sellers since his death. You have to look at the "comprehensive album chart" to see the real totals. The UK album chart doesn't have this stupid rule though, so that's good.

One thing I'm not sure about is how do the box sets figure in? Does a box set sale count as a sale of every album that's in the box set or does it have a separate ranking entirely? If it's the former then ... great. If it's the latter then I think that will hurt the rankings a lot as a lot of hardcore Beatles fans will be buying the box sets (I am.)

---

I just looked this up and according to the Billboard interview I found, they count a box set sale as just one sale of that box set... So that will probably hurt the individual album sales significantly as far as the charts go. I don't know how the other charts around the world factor it in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:43:28 AM by JonnyBeatle »

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

^^^^ I'm aware of the Billboard 200 rule , which doe's seem silly .
The UK is different so i expect Sgt. Pepper's to make the best showing on the charts , with maybe The White Album ,Revolver and Abbey Road also charting high ?

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »

^^^^ I'm aware of the Billboard 200 rule , which doe's seem silly .
The UK is different so i expect Sgt. Pepper's to make the best showing on the charts , with maybe The White Album ,Revolver and Abbey Road also charting high ?

Even though it is 2 disc and cost a little more, I will guess "The White Album" will do the best.
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 45 queries.