Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ronald Reagan  (Read 9167 times)

Wayne L.

Ronald Reagan
« on: June 07, 2004, 04:40:58 PM »

I think Ronald Reagan will be remembered as one of the last great presidents of the US who defined the presidency regardless if you disageed with him  politically or because he was a former actor since he was kind of similiar to Franklin Roosevelt except he was a Republican, a conservative & on the right who looked like a president in office image wise for his photo-ops & in his classic speeches as when the Challenger exploded back in 86.  I'm not a card carrying Republican or Democrat while I am an Independent & Ronald Reagan showed great leadership during his tenure in office with tax cuts & for a strong military defense which defeated communism in the former Soviet Union in the process but all you extreme liberal activists out there who hate Reagan & Bush with a passion even more so than Osama Bin Laden & Saddam Hussein give it a rest for the week like the Republicans would do for Bill Clinton in the future. 

Re: Ronald Reagan
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 05:43:17 PM »

I knew you'd get around to this eventually.

OK, Wayne, you have no clue and I'm done trying to give you one.

Onto the ignorelist you go.  All by yourself, too.

This will save the group from MY answers, as I have no regard for you whatsoever.  And it will save me having to read your inflammatory "opinions".

For the record Reagan was an idiot, a crook, and so stupid as to be dangerous.

Real good on TV.  That's all that matters to people like you, isn't it? 

Buh-bye.

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »

ouch.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 08:58:21 PM »

Yeah Charlie, I have noticed that ever since he died...all of a sudden its all over that he was one of our best presidents... riiiiight.
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 11:51:12 PM »

He's being credited with single-handedly destroying communism for God's sake!  He did NOTHING.  Oh wait, he bankrupted them AND us by overspending on defense.  Everything he said he'd do he did the opposite (just like Bush).

It was horrible having him as governor for 8 years, THEN having him for President was The usual GOP tactics.

Yes, unfortunately people are supposed to be saints suddenly when they die.  Look how John was canonized..at least HE deserved it!

Frankly I'm sorry he suffered.  I'm sorry his wife suffered.  But how many millions suffered because of him?  What about them?

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 05:54:07 AM »

Ok I think we really need to stop discussing politics here, it's not the time nor the place to be broadcasting your political views.  Even though it's the "Different Conversations" section, still it's a Beatles forum, not a political forum!
For me, these forums used to be the one place I could come where there weren't any fights breaking out between Republicans and Democrats, etc...but NOW I can't even hardly look at a thread without seeing Wayne and Mister Charlie going at it about stupid politics!!!!!!!! (no offense to Wayne or Charlie--it's just that you two have been the most active political debators here)
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

strutter84

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 06:01:20 AM »

Don't you ever compare Ronald Regan to Franklin Roosevelt EVER!!!!!  It's like comparing John Lennon with William Hung.  It's just not right.

Oh and Harlena, I understand your concern, but I like discussing politics with people who share my own interests.  I want to discuss all aspects of life with people who share the same interests as me.  That's why I'm here.  I don't post all that much on the Beatles threads because I'm here to discuss the world with Beatles fans.

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 06:16:40 AM »

But with politics, it's hard to just DISCUSS, especially since everyone has pretty much conflicting views.  With politics you argue, and end up insulting other people for what they believe to be right.  And that's not good at all.
And I don't mean to pick on Charlie, but his posts about politics DO seem to be a tad too aggressive, especially towards Wayne.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Charlie and I think he is a cool and funny guy. :)  But when it comes to politics I think I'd rather him not talk about it here, unless he reforms a bit and makes his posts less hostile.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 06:45:14 AM »

Mature people can argue over a subject without  namecalling. For instance I had a pretty heated debate with someone, (can't remember who) about vegetarianism and abortion. But we let it go. Adults don't insult one another with petty name calling and posting. ahem. And. I think politics is a great way to go..

And for the record, I disagree with politics in general but I liked Regan.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 11:05:26 AM »

Do you really have to quarell about a person whether he was good or bad, who already died??? Let him rest in peace. Argue doesn't change anything now.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 01:55:12 PM »

Its the fun of debate... if people don't want to debate over politics then they don't have to read this thread or reply.  This I think is a good idea so people can debate here and not in threads that are made to talk about something different.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 03:08:23 PM »

[quote by=harlenamcstarkney link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1086626458,s=5 date=1086674047]Ok I think we really need to stop discussing politics here, it's not the time nor the place to be broadcasting your political views.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 06:47:46 PM »

How boring.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 12:31:39 AM »

Charlie blocked Wayne. LOL! Thats hysterical. Again, I vowed off all the religious and political threads because it leads to nothing but bitterness. If people can debate these topics without getting hostile,,,,more power to you. I cant seem to do so.

I liked Reagan by the way.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 05:33:07 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1086626458,s=13 date=1086827499]Charlie blocked Wayne. LOL! Thats hysterical. Again, I vowed off all the religious and political threads because it leads to nothing but bitterness. If people can debate these topics without getting hostile,,,,more power to you. I cant seem to do so.

***That's why I blocked Wayne.  I don't suffer fools gladly.

I liked Reagan by the way.

***EVERYbody liked Reagan.  That doesn't mean he was a good President.

[/quote]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 11:35:40 PM »

Darn you Chuck. I was only trying to get the last word in. Spoiled again!

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 07:09:16 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1086626458,s=15 date=1086910540]Darn you Chuck. I was only trying to get the last word in. Spoiled again![/quote]

And again!

LOL

This puts me in a precarious position...do I reply with a LOL?  Or do I not and leave you the last word?  I'll be up all night on this one. :)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:07 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1086626458,s=16 date=1086937756]

And again!

LOL

This puts me in a precarious position...do I reply with a LOL?

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 10:27:33 AM »

Reagan......stuck to his beliefs. Like Teddy Roosevelt, another President whose politics I'm not fond of, he was a dynamic figure that provided someone to look up to for most of the country. The two were persistent, strong leaders that help define American determination.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2004, 04:02:24 PM »

Yes, and dinosaurs plodded along unbothered too.  They're gone now.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 78 queries.