Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: For Julia Baird, John Lennon will always be a rock 'n' roller  (Read 565 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
For Julia Baird, John Lennon will always be a rock 'n' roller
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »

Examiner
December 25, 2011
Interview : For Julia Baird, John Lennon will always be a rock 'n' roller

The year 2011 was a busy one for Julia Baird, John Lennon's half-sister, who has remained outspoken about her brother and the Beatles. She opened up a website this year at www.juliabaird.eu It's not a big one, it's only small. It's quite specific,” she said. “Mal Holmes of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is a friend and he's actually done it for me.”The image of the Beatles has changed a lot from their days in Liverpool. And Julia says that John and the Beatles have survived and have even become a Las Vegas show with “Love.”“John was essentially, I think, I believe, he thought himself a rock 'n' roller. When he was out there being raucous as a rocker, he said himself that when the Sex Pistols were onstage, that's what he still wanted to be. He said, 'That was us. That's who we were." You know that type of raucous, raw energy. *And they had by that time become something else, which is why the Beatles split up, isn't it  ?

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-national/interview-for-julia-baird-john-lennon-will-always-be-a-rock-n-roller
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 37 queries.