Author Topic: G3  (Read 1867 times)

G3
« on: March 02, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »

any of you listen to them?

Re: G3
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »

Quote from: lennon-legend
any of you listen to them?

The latest G3 with Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen? If this incarnation is the one you're asking about, they kick mucho ass. Spend the $12.00 on the DVD if you're an axe fiend, you can't go wrong.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:53:54 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

The latest G3 with Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen? If this incarnation is the one you're asking about, they kick mucho ass. Spend the $12.00 on the DVD if you're an axe fiend, you can't go wrong.

there was also Vai, Satriani and Johnson, but they're touring japan this year and it's Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci...
I'd like to see Eddie Van Halen once play with Satriani and Vai in G3... ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 11:21:11 PM »

Quote from: lennon-legend

there was also Vai, Satriani and Johnson, but they're touring japan this year and it's Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci...
I'd like to see Eddie Van Halen once play with Satriani and Vai in G3... ;D

You never know, it may happen someday. They toured through Europe with Robert Fripp, which is cool and strange at the same time because solo, he does mainly soundscapes, as opposed to 128th notes and blinding solos.

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 06:29:56 PM »

I know Satriani, Vai & Malmsteen are three legendary rock guitarists from the 80's who came after the VH explosion with Eddie Van Halen. I would like to see a concert video if it exist of this G3 tour since they are one of the few highlights of 80's rock.  I'd like to see EVH, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck kicking out the jams one time which would put these three to shame.  

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 05:07:36 AM »

I would NEVER like to see EVH in the same part of the world as likes of Clapton, Page and Beck. He would NEVER deserve that honor! Ever! No offense to you wayne, but not only is he in a lower league than the three, but he is a much different style of playing and he honestly does not deserve it...

As for G3, I particualary hate them... They really annoy me... All it is is a bunch of guys showing off how fast they can play, and I find something wrong with that... It could be just me, though...

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 10:33:26 PM »

i love g3!! i have 2 albums of them, and a dvd, live in denver, which is gret

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 12:39:06 AM »

i've given them a try, but never got into them but how the hell do they play those 1000000000000000000000000000000000th notesn.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 02:38:14 AM »

Quote from: PaulLennon68
I would NEVER like to see EVH in the same part of the world as likes of Clapton, Page and Beck. He would NEVER deserve that honor! Ever! No offense to you wayne, but not only is he in a lower league than the three, but he is a much different style of playing and he honestly does not deserve it...

As for G3, I particualary hate them... They really annoy me... All it is is a bunch of guys showing off how fast they can play, and I find something wrong with that... It could be just me, though...

Dont need to like him, but EVH is really talented, yeah he has a different style but that doesn't meen he's in a lower league or whatever...I consider him one of the best...but that's just my opinion...

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 05:01:53 PM »

Quote from: PaulLennon68

Eddie practically reinvented the guitar and inspired a ton of people and is one of the greats of all time. G3--playing fast, yes, but its not just ripping a million notes just to show off. There is a TON of talent there.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 09:23:41 PM »

Very true, lennon-legend... I'd be a fool to deny his talent... I'm just upset over everyone praising him like a god or whatever... His sound just would not mesh with the other three guitarists mentioned....

And juniorsfarm, there must be talent if they can play that fast, I know I sure as hell couldn't play as fast as any of them... I just don't see the point, other than showing off to the world how fast you can play... I guess all music is trying to show off your talent, so I guess my main standpoint is annoyance...

Sorry for causing a minor disturbance all... I was just in a bad mood that day. :)

Lennon

• A Beginning
  • John Lennon: Best Songwriter in Rock History
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 11:40:43 PM »

never heard of them

John Lennon the Legend

Page created in 1.295 seconds with 61 queries.