Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John Lennon Museum Closing Down  (Read 3064 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
John Lennon Museum Closing Down
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:23 AM »

The John Lennon Museum (Junichi Mizusawa, General Manager of the Museum/ Chuo-ku, Saitama-city) would like to announce that the Museum will close its doors on September 30, 2010 upon the expiration of the 10-year term of agreement between Taisei Corporation, our parent company, and Ms. Yoko Ono. Thank you all for your generous support and cooperation over the past years since the Museum opened in October 2000.

The Museum opened its doors as the world’s first museum with the official approval of Ms. Yoko Ono, John Lennon’s partner, receiving visitors from home and around the world. Under the themes of “Love & Peace,” the Museum has presented to visitors 40 years of his life from various angles, and many people sympathize with not only his music but also his way of life and thinking.

Though the Museum will close its doors this autumn, we sincerely hope that John Lennon will always be loved by millions of people regardless of generations, and that his works and messages will continue to spread around the world.

<Message from Ms.Yoko Ono>

To those of you who've loved the John Lennon Museum

John Lennon's destiny spanned the whole world. His spirit came alive through movement, and without movement, it dies. If the Museum which houses his spirit never moved, it would be a grave, not a Museum. John does not have a grave. When he passed on, I publicly announced that I would not be holding a funeral for him. I did so because I knew his spirit would live forever.

After ten years here, John's spirit is now moving on -- looking onward to the next journey. Thanks to your love for the Museum, what we'd thought would be five years became ten.

I'm so grateful to those of you who've loved the John Lennon Museum. John's spirit lives on in each one of you, and I know your spirits will be the power of love that brings peace to the world. Thank you, everyone!

With love
Yoko Ono
Early spring, 2010

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
Re: John Lennon Museum Closing Down
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:22:44 PM »

Only a question: was this museum a Yoko's idea, or anyone else idea??

Thanks in advance and best wishes!! ;)

Xosé

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 36 queries.