Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Should Ringo apologize to Pete?  (Read 13716 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Should Ringo apologize to Pete?
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »

Quote from: 373
[...] He was a player.  8)

LOL!!!  ;D Yeah, always playing with the rythm!!!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the articles, tkitna and Bobber! Poor Jimmy sounds like a guy who won the lottery. Seriously, most of these people do the exact same thing: go wild with spending, then plunge into bankruptcy. I don't think any of the Beatles or their people are responsible for what happened to him; he just made a too-common choice. I do like his integrity in not wanting to cash in, however.

Quote from: 297
I'm begining to think that John was very hypocrital, spicealley with the drummers ;) ... wasn't he the one who said to Pete "See you tomorrow", or something like that, knowing that the next morning Brian was going to fire him? ...
Oh, heck, anyone who had to maintain a deception would say that. Since none of the Beatles wanted to tell Pete his number was up, they could hardly go acting suspiciously, could they? Pete is not a stupid man. To me, this just reflects the youth of the Beatles at that time and their inexperience in handling a ticklish situation.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:08 PM »

Quote from: 551
[...]
Oh, heck, anyone who had to maintain a deception would say that. Since none of the Beatles wanted to tell Pete his number was up, they could hardly go acting suspiciously, could they? Pete is not a stupid man. To me, this just reflects the youth of the Beatles at that time and their inexperience in handling a ticklish situation.
I was just answering to this: "John once told me I was better than Ringo but that I just missed the ship." :-/
He sounds to me as if he was trying to say something warm and nothing else ... and that Pete episode was just 2 years before, I don't think they [John] were much more mature (inner feeling ;))

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 08:58:56 AM »

Ringo apologizing? Why? He deserved to be in the band because he was the best drummer in Liverpool and The Beatles were the best group so it had to happen heheheh.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 11:30:58 AM »

Quote from: 564
Ringo apologizing? Why? He deserved to be in the band because he was the best drummer in Liverpool and The Beatles were the best group so it had to happen heheheh.
First of all, I love Ringo's drumming, OK?  :) ... but I'm not so sure that he was the Best in Liverpool ... yeah, we are told that he was but I've heard that there were another amazing drummers too by that time ... I'm not sure if the most famous was the Cass and the Casanovas drummer (maybe it was another popular group, but I can't remember the name right now) but I think they invited Ringo because George liked him and they all alread knew him!  :-/

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

Quote from: 373
Yeah, I agree with you about John. He was a player.  8)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:42 AM »

You cant prove a thing dammit!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 06:39:37 PM »

It was important for him to be good, it was important that he fitted and had a strong personality and it was important that he was already a good friend. I doubt any other drummer in Liverpool fitted the bill - no matter how technically good they were, other drummers would have fallen short in one of the other departments.

Watch the "First Visit" DVD and you'll see Ringo had seemlessly fitted in by early 1964.

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 06:20:47 AM »

Ringo wasn't the one who said, Kick him out. Sorry, Pete.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 09:41:48 PM »

Quote from: 593
Yep, the question is not the best, is it ...
Welcome to the forums, Revolution ... hope you'll enjoy them!  :)

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2007, 06:05:18 AM »

Thanx! I Love it here already!!!!!!!!! :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 02:01:12 PM »

Quote from: 593

Good point!

Welcome Rev.

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »

Thanx.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »

Ringo has no need or duty to apologize to Pete. Ringo accepted an invitation, and he wasn't the one who wanted Pete out. End of story. What's so great about Ringo is that he provided highly imaginative and original drumming to the extent that you would actually be able to tell a Beatles song just by listening to the drum track! Ringo was the right one for the guys. I'm sorry to Pete. But Ringo was the man.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2007, 05:35:38 AM »

I read that Paul'sdad had him( Pete 0 kicked out cause he wasgetting more attention than Paul! :o

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 03:00:53 AM »

I agree with Revoloution. They got rid of Pete because little Paullie didnt get all the females' attention- it had nothing to do with his drumming (in my opinion).

Just for the record, Ringo has nothing to appologize for since it wasnt his decision and he didnt go to the beatles and said "i wanna be in your group".

I do feel sorry for Pete (for those days) and it was real nice of him to play for them after they kicked him out and that he didnt have a whole anti beatles parade or something. But you know, I dont think Pete enjoyed it with the beatles. I mean, in Hamburg he would be the quiet one, he wouldnt do crazy things like the rest of them. He had a different personality to the rest of them. But thats all in the past, now he's got what he wanted, right?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 12:03:09 AM »

Why should Ringo apologize to pete?
Ringo only joined because he was told as a friend,
he wasn't out to upset anyone.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Bobber

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2008, 09:51:24 AM »

George Martin apologizes:

MARTIN APOLOGISES TO REPLACED BEATLES DRUMMER

Legendary producer SIR GEORGE MARTIN has made a public apology to replaced BEATLES drummer PETE BEST. The 66-year-old musician was part of the fab four from 1960 to 1962, before Ringo Starr was drafted into the band to take his place - and the music mogul now insists he feels "guilty" over the dismissal. Martin authorised the change just before the Beatles shot to fame, with Best going on to work as a civil servant for 20 years before establishing his own band years later. Martin says, "I felt guilty. Maybe I was the catalyst that changed his life."

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

Wow! Is this new news, Cor?

Sir George Martin is really one of my favorite old guys. It seems as if he's really out to tidy up his life and make it nice and neat before making a dignified exit. He seems to go the extra mile to be fair, and he wants to keep on good speaking terms with his conscience. Bravo!

That said, I don't think it was Sir George so much as Beatle George. I think Pete got a lousy deal-- I'd read somewhere that nowadays you'd have a separation settlement and get a band fixed up for him in advance. I still think Ringo was better for the group. He clicked with them as others have said, considered the other Beatles brothers, and I think they would have self-destructed under the insanity of Beatlemania unless they were four really good friends.

Perhaps I'm doing Pete an injustice. He didn't like to hang with them in Liverpool or Hamburg, not caring to be part of the gang, even though he was perfectly friendly with everyone, particularly John. He might have been able to adapt to being closeted with this "gang of 3" every day of his life for 4 years... but I think it would have been more of a trial for all of them. Interesting.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »

Quote from: 63
George Martin apologizes:

MARTIN APOLOGISES TO REPLACED BEATLES DRUMMER

Legendary producer SIR GEORGE MARTIN has made a public apology to replaced BEATLES drummer PETE BEST. The 66-year-old musician was part of the fab four from 1960 to 1962, before Ringo Starr was drafted into the band to take his place - and the music mogul now insists he feels "guilty" over the dismissal. Martin authorised the change just before the Beatles shot to fame, with Best going on to work as a civil servant for 20 years before establishing his own band years later. Martin says, "I felt guilty. Maybe I was the catalyst that changed his life."

There, Pete got his apology. I wonder if he feels all better now?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 85 queries.