Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: North Korean Threats  (Read 1832 times)

Bobber

North Korean Threats
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »

North Korea threatens to start a nuclear war. How serious do we have to take this?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: North Korean Threats
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »

Quote from: 63
North Korea threatens to start a nuclear war. How serious do we have to take this?

Surely an empty threat. (unless your South Korean or Japanese, which I'm not.) They'd be dust before one of their creaky rockets was halfway across the pacific.  What would Nth Korea stand to gain?
don't follow leaders

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

Quote from: 185

Surely an empty threat. (unless your South Korean or Japanese, which I'm not.) They'd be dust before one of their creaky rockets was halfway across the pacific.  What would Nth Korea stand to gain?

I'm not sure their actions can be assumed to be based on rationality as most non-North Korean leaders would define it. I think of them as more like 5 year olds that happen to be in charge of a government and military apparatus, than like cool-thinking world leaders.

Except with nucs. Yuck.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »

^ Dunno. Those "5 year olds" built that political and military apparatus. I don't think their generals would be too keen to see their forces (and jobs and power) dissapair in a non-winnable war. The Nth Korean forces are much more effective as a threat (and cheaper) than putting them into action.
don't follow leaders

Page created in 0.513 seconds with 44 queries.