Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Let It Be or Let It Be...Naked  (Read 11764 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Let It Be or Let It Be...Naked
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2006, 04:16:59 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
Let It Be is a great classic rock album by the Beatles with great tracks on it which is highly underrated in their history by the some fans because of the breakup.

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 10:08:02 AM »

Origional is alright but sooo patchy. at the moment i prefer let it be...naked, but like anything else it always changes

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 05:37:10 PM »

Quote from: 403
Oh the wit.

I'm not sure if you knew, but 20 to 30 minutes is not a 'few' minutes.
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 05:41:45 PM »

Quote from: 63
. Paul McCartney (and George Martin as well) always said they hated the way Phil Spector had added all kinds of choirs, violins and other strings to the arrangement. On the Naked-version, the song can be heard more in the way McCartney meant it.

IMO Spector's version is better. A very nostalgic (and in a way final) Beatles song. On the Naked version there is an electric piano. Where did that come from? The sixties or recently? Best thing about Naked is the omission of the annoying speaking. Including DLMD is very agreeable. Glad that Maggie Mae is off it. And LARS. LARS is too short to be meaningful. Dig A Pony is so annoying, with daft lyrics. Should have been pushed out for All Things Must Pass.
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2006, 06:07:27 PM »

Odd bit on FOTW - John says 'Alexander The Great was a big'ead. Aw, that's a nice fireplace!'
All You Need Is LOVE!

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 01:05:17 AM »

I like them both too much to be able to choose. Although 'Let it be...naked' isn't really what it is suppose to be. If it was suppose to be 'Let it be' without the overdubs than it would sound like a bloody mess. Let it be...naked is in reality a clean version of 'Let it be'. Songs like 'I've got a feeling' on LIBN aren't even natural as its just both versions of 'I've got a feeling' that was preformed on the rooftop put together.(Original is so much more superior). 'Dig a pony' is played faster and cleaned up. It sounds better on Naked than the original....but things are taken out and I think a few things are added on both versions. 'I me mine' wasn't even recorded during the Get back sessions...why its their is beyond me..both versions rock though. 'Don't let me down' is awesome, but they switched John's lyric flub with what was really suppose to be said which takes some charm out of that preformance. Ugh...the way George sang in 'For you Blue' is horrible(in both versions its the same). Its obvious he went back and resang it way after the Get back sessions as his voice sounds so different from when he sang it in the movie.

One after 909 sounds great in LIBN, sounds clean compared to the LIB version. I could go on about the rest of the songs, but what I'm trying to say is that LIBN isn't really what The Beatles had in mind. If we heard Let it be the album the way it was meant to...we'd hate it.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 12:00:04 PM »

I suppose the reason why I Me Mine is on it is because the project wasn't finalised until mid-1970 and I Me mine was recorded in early 1970. From this site:

http://dmbeatles.com/history.php?year=1970

Apr 01
Wednesday Studio 1 and control room Studio 3. 7.00pm-? Recording: `Across The Universe' (tape reduction take 8 into take 9, overdub onto take 9); `The Long And Winding Road' (tape reduction of 31 January 1969 recording into takes 17-19, overdub onto take 18); `I Me Mine' (tape reduction extended edit of take 16 into takes 17, 18, overdub onto take 18). Producer: Phil Spector; Engineer: Peter Bown; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush. Orchestra and choir overdub. Last session of Ringo. Last recording session for a Beatles album.  

Apr 02
Thursday Abbey Road, Room 4. Time unknown. Stereo mixing: `The Long And Winding Road' (remixes 10-13, from take 18); `I Me Mine' (remixes 10-12, from take 18); `Across The Universe' (remixes 10-13, from take 9). Editing: `The Long And Winding Road' (of stereo remixes 10, 13); `I Me Mine' (of stereo remixes 11, 12). Producer: Phil Spector; Engineer: Peter Bown; 2nd Engineer: Roger Ferris. Editing of `I Me Mine' to make it appear longer. Mixing of tracks recorded yesterday. Last session of Spector. End of `Let It Be' sessions. Last Beatles session.  

Still, if they decided to include I Me Mine they could have included other unreleased stuff on it too. But they didn't of course.
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 07:19:40 PM »

This is weird but for some reason i feel sad when i read the above recording sessions, they're very last ones.

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »

I like the naked version a lot better. besides the fact that Across the Universe and Long and Winding Road sound a million times better on the naked album, I'm happy that Let It Be ends the album rather than being sandwiched between nonsense like Dig it and Maggie Mae. And Don't Let Me down is a good addition. i'm surprised the rooftop version of it wasn't on the orignal Phil Spector album to begin with.

two things I miss are John's "I Dig A Pygmy" by Charles Hawtrey and the Deaf Aids......" line that opened the original album and I like the orignal version of I've Got A Feeling a bit better, which is why i'm happy to have both albums i guess
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

Jake

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 02:40:50 PM »

I've had Let It Be... Naked all this time.

Well, I think it's so much better than the naked version. It just has a nicer feel to it, and I love the banter. My only gripes are the lack of 'Don't Let Me Down', and the track order (The Let It Be solo too - the Naked one is much better imo). I think if it had the same order as Naked, it'd be perfect.

Seashell Eyes

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is all you need
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 07:12:05 PM »

I'll be a stick in the mud and say "stick with the originals!" I just overall prefer the orignal Let it Be.

Tatterdemalion

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »

I prefer Let It Be...Naked over Let It Be, but not with much. I prefer the original version of The Long And Winding Road, people mighr say that it's over the top, but I think the Naked version sounds too flat, not finished, empty...yeah you get it. I totally love the quality of the songs on Naked though, better stereo panning and crisp. On the original copy, many songs suffer from vibrations on the drum from the bass, most noticable is the intro to Don't Let Me Down (well, it's not from Let It Be, but from same sessions).

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »

Yep, Naked sounds better but that doesn't mean neccessarilly that the tracks are bet-er .. I miss John's spoken lines between tracks (because almost every spoken line it's John -Phil, Phil ::)) ... and Naked doesn't sound as a "live" album despite of some of the adlibs and all that! Its sound is too clinic for my test[size=9]e[/size]! :-/

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »

Quote from: 297
Its sound is too clinic for my test[size=9]e[/size]! :-/

Agreed. Best thing is the remix of Across The Universe.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Jake

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »

I've changed my mind. I prefer the Let It Be solo over the Naked one.

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

I really like Let it be Naked because it feels like a real album i guess, i would like it more if the film were released so it felt like the two went together. Let it Be (orig) is more of a sountrack
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 01:42:28 AM »

Being so used to the Phil Spector version..it's a tough call. Spector's added orchestration to "Long and Winding Road" for example really miffed Macca...but I think it added an extra beauty to an already beautiful piece.

(ps: btw, after the Spector murder trial verdict --which is due any day--we can discuss his overall contributions to Beatle (and post-Beatle (solo) recordings)

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 01:42:51 AM »

Being so used to the Phil Spector version..it's a tough call. Spector's added orchestration to "Long and Winding Road" for example really miffed Macca...but I think it added an extra beauty to an already beautiful piece.

(ps: btw, after the Spector murder trial verdict --which is due any day--we can discuss his overall contributions to Beatle (and post-Beatle (solo) recordings)

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2007, 09:23:31 AM »

Tough call, but I will go with the LIB Naked with the improved sound quality.
&quot;Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive&quot;

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

Let It Be ..Naked for me.
I've never been a great fan of the original LP
release & i'm glad that it was dusted up, with no
ditty's like Dig It or Maggie Mae that make's the album
suffer a bit. the sound, tracklisting & extra track
of Don't Let Me Down makes me happy to listen to
these great songs in a better form at last! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 86 queries.