Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tommy Moore  (Read 32773 times)

Bobber

Re: Tommy Moore
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »

I suspected that. Still, hopefully a Spanish speaking member can help me out here?

Bobber

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »

Anyone? Do I really have to use Google Translator? Please tell me no.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »

Cor, this Saturday I'll be at the shop that services my cars. There are a couple of fellows there from Portugal.  I'll ask them to translate the article for us.
I can stay till it's time to go

Bobber

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

Cor, this Saturday I'll be at the shop that services my cars. There are a couple of fellows there from Portugal.  I'll ask them to translate the article for us.

You are my hero.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »

Carlos Borges will be the hero.  Here he is winning the 1997 Macau Trofeu Toyota Carina E.  Car #30.  They interview him at the end of the video...

1997 Macau - Trofeu Toyota Carina E

18:07

Bobber

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »

How is Carlos doing these days, Barry? ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 06:55:23 AM »

I think he's a faster racecar driver than he is a translator, Cor.   ;)

But I'll see him at the shop on Saturday.  I haven't been there in a couple of weeks.  I'm sure he'll have the translation ready.

Bobber

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:26 AM »

Looking forward to it!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:59 PM »

I apologize for getting back to you this late.  I did the translation the best I could.  I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Carlos Borges

This Beatle Lives In Poverty

Worse than wanting to be a Beatle in your life, is once being one and then having no chance to continue being one. This is the saying of a broken, weak man and not well-dressed from Liverpool, Tommy Moore.  He is 38 years old and he works in a bottle factory carrying bottles.  He lives regretting the big mistake he made ten years ago.  In 1960, Tommy was the drummer for three boys called John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.  The band didn’t even have a name and they were playing in a night club called Grosvenor Ballroom, in Wallasey, for $20 per night.  Tommy felt it was just a part-time job and he decided to find a more “secure” job.  He started to carry the carts with the bottles at the factory and today he still regrets that decision.

“I remember that I went to work for The Beatles through an advertisement I saw in a newspaper where Paul and George were looking for a drummer.  I joined the group but it was a tough living in the beginning.   We did get an invitation for a tour in Scotland, a very tiring one, but we only received $25 for that.  I needed something more secure.  I abandoned the hobby of playing drums.  The three boys later came to look for me.  They already were called the Beatles and they showed up in a white Jaguar.  I played for them for two more nights.  But still I couldn’t see any future in that and I decided to quit once for all.”

Tommy Moore, in the words of the manager Alan Williams, who was working with The Beatles at that time, said that “Tommy was a good drummer but maybe a little too old for the band.  He was ten years older and besides he was always unsatisfied with the business.  He always considered it as a side-job.  Now Tommy lives in a small rented apartment on Vronhill Street, Liverpool.  He works 10 hours a day for a small wage and he wishes to return to “show business” and start all over again from the scratch.  While John Lennon drives his well-equipped luxury Mercedes 600, Tommy carries his cart full of bottles, whistling to “Get Back” and other hits by his old friends, and that the only memory they have of him is that he was the only one that never believed in them.

Tommy Moore, married with two children, has memories of the times he played drums for The Beatles (on the left, right after being replaced by Pete Best in the band).  Now, the best he can do is to play drums on a biscuit box (bottom).

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2014, 01:47:08 AM »

I apologize for getting back to you this late.  I did the translation the best I could.  I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Carlos Borges

This Beatle Lives In Poverty

Worse than wanting to be a Beatle in your life, is once being one and then having no chance to continue being one. This is the saying of a broken, weak man and not well-dressed from Liverpool, Tommy Moore.  He is 38 years old and he works in a bottle factory carrying bottles.  He lives regretting the big mistake he made ten years ago.  In 1960, Tommy was the drummer for three boys called John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.  The band didn’t even have a name and they were playing in a night club called Grosvenor Ballroom, in Wallasey, for $20 per night.  Tommy felt it was just a part-time job and he decided to find a more “secure” job.  He started to carry the carts with the bottles at the factory and today he still regrets that decision.

“I remember that I went to work for The Beatles through an advertisement I saw in a newspaper where Paul and George were looking for a drummer.  I joined the group but it was a tough living in the beginning.   We did get an invitation for a tour in Scotland, a very tiring one, but we only received $25 for that.  I needed something more secure.  I abandoned the hobby of playing drums.  The three boys later came to look for me.  They already were called the Beatles and they showed up in a white Jaguar.  I played for them for two more nights.  But still I couldn’t see any future in that and I decided to quit once for all.”

Tommy Moore, in the words of the manager Alan Williams, who was working with The Beatles at that time, said that “Tommy was a good drummer but maybe a little too old for the band.  He was ten years older and besides he was always unsatisfied with the business.  He always considered it as a side-job.  Now Tommy lives in a small rented apartment on Vronhill Street, Liverpool.  He works 10 hours a day for a small wage and he wishes to return to “show business” and start all over again from the scratch.  While John Lennon drives his well-equipped luxury Mercedes 600, Tommy carries his cart full of bottles, whistling to “Get Back” and other hits by his old friends, and that the only memory they have of him is that he was the only one that never believed in them.

Tommy Moore, married with two children, has memories of the times he played drums for The Beatles (on the left, right after being replaced by Pete Best in the band).  Now, the best he can do is to play drums on a biscuit box (bottom).

Well. That's a depressing take on life post Beatles

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 03:01:10 AM »

Tommy Moore   Wyvern Social Club (The Blue Candle) Liverpool   10 May 1960

Bobber

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »

Thanks so much Barry. Please say thank you to Carlos too.

Depressing indeed. I feel really sorry for Tommy Moore. From his point of view I can understand his decision tho. The Scotland Tour wasn't very good to say the least. Being his age at that time I can understand his urge to look for something more secure. In hindsight, it is easy to say to regret the decision. At that time, it probably was the right thing to do. Still, very sad. The depressing black and white pictures don't help either.

Bobber

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

I found this on another forum. It is a post by andalucia, whom I believe is also a member here.

Tommy Moore who was a Drummer with The Beatles for a while in the early days. I knew Tommy well myself, he worked with my father in Standards bottle works in the garston area of Liverpool.Tommy drove a Forklift truck and was having all kinds of trouble with his girlfriend. this led to him missing gigs as she never wanted him to play in the band. Tommy told me she suffered depression and was violent. he said she once met The Beatles and told them to f*** off.
Tommy later married another girl and had a daughter called Claire. His marriage broke up and this is when i got to know him well. He moved to the Belle Vale area of Liverpool and I would see lots of him. He was never bitter about leaving the band. He had all the albums and would tell me tales about them.He took me to my first Beatles convention and got me really hooked. Sadly Tommy died in September 1981. Only 11 people came to his funeral. Bob Wooler was there and spoke highly of Tommy. I just wanted to write something about Tommy as I dont want him forgotten. He was a great bloke who did so much for me. If any of you have any information about Tommy`s days in the band please post it. I have no photo`s of him and not sure if any exist from when he was in the band.t hanks for reading this everyone, he really was a great bloke
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.525 seconds with 60 queries.