Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All You Need Is Love  (Read 3567 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: All You Need Is Love
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 08:48:02 PM »

^^^^^

You know, I automatically assumed that Yesterday would be the highest grossing Beatles song, but HCTS has 707 million streams on Spotify, whereas Yesterday has a paltry ( ha2ha ) 357 million.

I got those numbers from the following article, which identifies the most-streamed song from each Beatles album. (Good old Far Out magazine.  ;) ) There are some interesting tidbits in it, including that Her Majesty has the lowest streaming number, but I'm encouraged that it's being streamed at all. Which leads me to ponder the following question: Why has Apple (or whomever the decision maker would be) not required that Abbey Road (in particular) be downloaded only in its entirety? I read that Adele mandated this with her latest album. The medley for sure, in my opinion, should be listened to as a whole, and in its proper order. It seems to lose something when divided up among a playlist into discrete units, although they're all great songs, of course.

Anyway, time to get off the PC. Here's the link to the article:

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-beatles-most-popular-streaming-songs/

I think HCTS is one a lot of the younger crowd get into. It has that acoustic vibe I suppose which is popular at the moment. Even my youngest said once you can’t not be happy listening to it.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 11:26:07 PM »

Even my youngest said once you can’t not be happy listening to it.

That's such a sweet way to put it.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 04:19:50 PM »

I think HCTS is one a lot of the younger crowd get into. It has that acoustic vibe I suppose which is popular at the moment.

Agreed; I noted Blackbird was the most-streamed song off the White Album. That was nice to read.   

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2021, 05:46:57 AM »

What a fantastic gift! Hm, that could almost be a thread: If you could hold the copyright to one Beatles song, which one would it be?  ;)

I've had a rethink. Putting aside questions of financial gain, I think I'd take No Reply. It's a very sentimental song. I remember hearing it from a very early age and even now when I listen to it it can still take me back just a little bit to being a pre-school lad hearing the Beatles.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2021, 03:57:16 PM »

This is going to be on my mind as I wrap and decorate (and clean) today. In terms of sentiment, the most salient song for me would be "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You," but the emotions are bittersweet, so I'd have to think of another song that's tied to a happier memory. 

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 10:19:53 PM »

I've had a rethink. Putting aside questions of financial gain, I think I'd take No Reply. It's a very sentimental song. I remember hearing it from a very early age and even now when I listen to it it can still take me back just a little bit to being a pre-school lad hearing the Beatles.
I have many songs like that Moog. My older brother would buy every Beatle release on the day it was released and I would be very excited, as a 12 to 18 year old the radio would be full of Beatles music. Each hit bring back a memory and a feeling of being a young kid again. Its amazing that now in my late 60's Im still listening to that very same music and still loving it.
I remember sitting in my Mums kitchen eating something, the radio was on and the DJ said "here's a track from the new Beatles album" and Lovely Rita came on. I was sort of spellbound. I thought "what a fantastic song" I still do.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2021, 10:57:37 PM »

^^^

I envy you both a bit. I did not grow up with any music, not even in the car on long drives (e.g., down South to the beach.) When I was visiting my dad in June he told me, "Oh, you got your love of music from me," and my gut reaction was "Excuse me?? I had no idea you liked music," and so on and so forth. Yet we sat there for awhile with our phones, saying "But have you heard this one?" And lo and behold, he does indeed know a lot of music, and we both shared many great songs from a variety of styles. Who knew? The fact that music was never played when I was growing up, though (except at Christmas and St. Patrick's Day), makes me question his true devotion. I don't think I could go a day without it.

And I'm still trying to think of a song I'd pick. . .

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2021, 07:59:07 PM »

Mine would be "I Should Have Known Better": Great, although now bittersweet, memories of hearing it many times at The Heidelberg in Columbia, MO. They had a jukebox full of totally lame songs (well, I thought they were lame) BUT it had the entire Hard Day's Night album.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2021, 09:21:27 PM »

yay!  i have "I should have known better" safely in my top 10 at #6!

when my buddies get me their lists it will likely drop out of top 10 status i am afraid

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2021, 10:32:00 PM »

I have many songs like that Moog. My older brother would buy every Beatle release on the day it was released and I would be very excited, as a 12 to 18 year old the radio would be full of Beatles music. Each hit bring back a memory and a feeling of being a young kid again. Its amazing that now in my late 60's Im still listening to that very same music and still loving it.
I remember sitting in my Mums kitchen eating something, the radio was on and the DJ said "here's a track from the new Beatles album" and Lovely Rita came on. I was sort of spellbound. I thought "what a fantastic song" I still do.

That was the advantage of older brothers. Although I was only 6 when the Beatles broke up, because of my older brothers I was very familiar with them and I can remember talking about them at school in kindergarten and first grade. Other people my age were the oldest in their families and didn’t get that exposure. For them music started in the mid 70s when they reached teenage years.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2021, 10:38:44 PM »

Mine would be "I Should Have Known Better": Great, although now bittersweet, memories of hearing it many times at The Heidelberg in Columbia, MO. They had a jukebox full of totally lame songs (well, I thought they were lame) BUT it had the entire Hard Day's Night album.

I always remember that as a standout track in the movie. Probably because of the setting in the train carriage. It was such a fun scene.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.604 seconds with 54 queries.