Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Debuts New Beatles Exhibit  (Read 9011 times)

KelMar

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Builds Better Beatles Exhibit
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »

Gibson.com
July 8, 2011
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Builds Better Beatles Exhibit

I'm hoping that their multi-media presentation includes the video for Hello Goodbye. Otherwise, when I look at John's jacket I will have to watch the video on my iPod. That could get me kicked out for suspicion of taking pictures!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Re: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Debuts New Beatles Exhibit
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

^So, was it pretty cool there?  :)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »

^So, was it pretty cool there?  :)

I'll answer that question on Sunday.  ;) I had to put the trip off because my son got stuck with 2 weekends on call.  I haven't been this excited about sitting in the car for 8 hours in a long time!

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 04:08:15 AM »

Eight hours away? Wow, you're dedicated! That's awesome. I hope you have a great time!  :)
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:40 AM »

Eight hours away? Wow, you're dedicated! That's awesome. I hope you have a great time!  :)

Thanks! That's eight hours all together. But I would still do it; I'd just have to sleep over for that!

KelMar

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 02:11:03 AM »

I finally made it to the Hall of Fame today. The Beatles display was amazing! There were around 40 items on display, my favorites being the handwritten lyrics for "In My Life", the Mellotron, John's leather jacket that he wore in Hamburg, his black wool coat from Help!, Paul's Shea jacket, drop-t drum head from the Sullivan show, John's Sgt. Pepper suit and his granny glasses. Everything was wonderful though and I can post a complete list if anyone is interested.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

That is awesome! Sounds like you enjoyed it... :) It's pretty amazing knowing that you're standing like a foot away from stuff that actually belonged to the Beatles. Wow, that blows my mind. I can't wait to see it and will talk more with you about it when I finally do.  :)
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:46 AM »

That is awesome! Sounds like you enjoyed it... :) It's pretty amazing knowing that you're standing like a foot away from stuff that actually belonged to the Beatles. Wow, that blows my mind. I can't wait to see it and will talk more with you about it when I finally do.  :)

I can't wait for you to see it Julia! It was one of the most exciting experiences of my life. At the risk of sounding goofy, I have to say that there was a palpable spirit there for me. I think it was a combination of John, George and just a general Beatle spirit and it was like a spell had been cast over me. I went through three times and I looked at everything so long that when I close my eyes I can still see it all.

On a more practical note, you might want to order your tickets off the website so you don't have to wait in line. That drove me nuts because I was chomping at the bit to get downstairs and see what I came to see!

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

That's cool, I know what you mean. :)

And thanks for the tip about ordering online. Sounds like that exhibit is bringing them some good business. I don't think I've ever had to wait in line at the Rock Hall before. Were there a lot of people at that exhibit?
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »

And thanks for the tip about ordering online. Sounds like that exhibit is bringing them some good business. I don't think I've ever had to wait in line at the Rock Hall before. Were there a lot of people at that exhibit?

When we got in line it was backed up to the next to last row in the queue but it got worse as we stood there. Each time I came back to the exhibit it was progressively more packed. I bet if you get your tickets ahead and get there when they open at 10:00 it would be better for you. The gift shop was insane. I thought I would just go in and look around but there were people literally everywhere. I can't imagine standing in line 45 minutes to buy a t-shirt!

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »

Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for the tips! Will definitely keep all that in mind. I guess it was busy 'cause of summer, the exhibit, and it being a weekend. I bet the gift shop was a nightmare! And it's a huge gift shop, too, so it takes a lot for it to be crowded. I got impatient when I had to wait in line for 5 minutes to buy something. Anyways, I'm glad people are interested in going at least. I'd be upset if no one was there or if no one was at the Beatles exhibit.  :)
-Julia

KelMar

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 04:22:04 AM »

Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for the tips! Will definitely keep all that in mind. I guess it was busy 'cause of summer, the exhibit, and it being a weekend. I bet the gift shop was a nightmare! And it's a huge gift shop, too, so it takes a lot for it to be crowded. I got impatient when I had to wait in line for 5 minutes to buy something. Anyways, I'm glad people are interested in going at least. I'd be upset if no one was there or if no one was at the Beatles exhibit.  :)

So when are you going?

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

I have no clue at the moment. I was hoping by the end of this month. It'll probably end up being in August sometime. I'm going with my one friend who likes the Beatles, and it's kinda hard for us to find a day when we're both free at the same time. She's just real busy with work and stuff. But it'll happen in August. Then I'll probably go a second time with my parents.  :)
-Julia

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 61 queries.