Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Liverpool 2007!!!!  (Read 2021 times)

nousha

• A Beginning
  • Fairy witch
    • My Poetry
Re: Liverpool 2007!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:51:27 PM »

I know I live so far from everything interesting... It's the first time I hear about this Liverpool week and I'm very tempted to visit it. I'm just wondering - are those packages offered in the site the best way to combine tickets and accomodation? First I've never been to Britain, second - we're still a poor country and a flight to Britain is expensive enough so I do care about paying less for accomodation...
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux   My blogspace
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 12:57:14 AM »

Quote from: 552
I know I live so far from everything interesting... It's the first time I hear about this Liverpool week and I'm very tempted to visit it. I'm just wondering - are those packages offered in the site the best way to combine tickets and accomodation? First I've never been to Britain, second - we're still a poor country and a flight to Britain is expensive enough so I do care about paying less for accomodation...

Hi Nousha

You don't have to book one of the packages - there is cheap "student style" accommodation available in Liverpool and you can buy the event tickets seperately.

Here are a couple of useful links regarding accommodation in Liverpool:
http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/accommodation

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/england/liverpool/

Details about tickets for the events:
http://www.cavern-liverpool.co.uk/beatleweek/BWtickets.htm

Hope this helps :)

AL ;D

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 02:35:13 AM »

Quote from: 360
Come with us!! ;D

I've booked to go up on Thursday and come home on the Wednesday: http://www.cavern-liverpool.co.uk/beatleweek/BWprogramme.htm

Thanx!!!!!!! ;D My fiancee'( sp) isn't much of a Beatles fan. ??) We all have our faults, I guess. ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »

Quote from: 360

Hi Rick!!

Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts but I know for a fact that there were bands playing there last year that weren't part of the official Cavern City Tours package - there are a sh*t-load of pubs in and around Mathew Street and (from memory) only the following pubs are part of organised CCT gigs:

Cavern Club
Cavern Pub
Rubber Soul Bar
Mood Indigo
Lennon's Bar

So ALL the other pubs are available to do gigs in!!!

These are some of the pubs in the Mathew Street area (not from memory)!!

Boogie Nights
Flares
Hogshead
Metro
Night Fever
Quarry Quarter
Superstar Boudoir
The Grapes
The Living Room
The Tube 80s Bar
TP Molleys
Edwards
Foundation
Old Skool 90s Bar
Remeniss 90s Bar
The Beaconsfield
The Counting House
The Late Loungel
The Welkin (Wetherspoons)
Flanagan's Apple
Hardys
Marquee Lounge Bar
Mosquito
Pacific Bar and Grill
Revolution
The Cavern Club
The Curzon
The Lisbon
The Slug And Lettuce
The White Star

Also check out the Jackaranda - yeah, THAT Jackaranda!!! They are not affiliated with CCT and they have live bands every night.

I would phone a few to see if they're interested in booking you (of course they would be!!!) and then send them a sample CD.

Also, check this out: http://www.mathew.st/venues.php

Hey Al that is toppermost amigo. I have sent off a few specualative emails today....fingers crossed. That was a mighty head start you gave me there. I did get through to The Cavern last year but Ged did not reply to the texts i sent him which was a shame. I don't like to harrass people you see. lol

Sure we are worthy for a slot somewhere! heheh

Hope there will be a sooper dooper DM meet up. ;)

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »

Rick, if you manage to get a gig over there, I will do my very best to come and have a look.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 02:32:25 PM »

I can only do the Saurday night. My plan is to catch the bus up Saturday morning (Megabus are only 1 pound) and hit The Cavern, stay up all night (God bless speed!) then catch the bus back Sunday morning. The only one night accomodation available is shared hostels and d rather stay up all night than listen to a bunch of snoring backpackers.
Al - I need to know what's best to do. I missed The Adelphi party last year because I didn't have a ticket. If that's where you're going to be I'll score a ticket now. (and what time did it finish - I know the cavern stayed open until 700am)
don't follow leaders

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »

Quote from: 15

Hey Al that is toppermost amigo. I have sent off a few specualative emails today....fingers crossed. That was a mighty head start you gave me there. I did get through to The Cavern last year but Ged did not reply to the texts i sent him which was a shame. I don't like to harrass people you see. lol

Sure we are worthy for a slot somewhere! heheh

Hope there will be a sooper dooper DM meet up. ;)

No worries at all mate - glad to have helped! I REALLY hope you do get to play this year!

DO check out the Jackaranda though - it is still owned and run by Allan Williams! We went there one night last year and they had bands playing through the night!!! It was awesome and I have never been SO p*ssed during Beatle week as I was that night - I have no idea how I got back to the hotel!!!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »

Quote from: 185
Al - I need to know what's best to do. I missed The Adelphi party last year because I didn't have a ticket. If that's where you're going to be I'll score a ticket now. (and what time did it finish - I know the cavern stayed open until 700am)

Hi Kevin!

I'm not sure what we're doing that night yet as they haven't announced what bands are playing at the Adelphi on Saturday night - it's an 800 years of Liverpool theme though, so I'm not sure what to expect; sea shanties apparently!! The alternative is an all-nighter with The Prellies down the Cavern!!!! As soon as I know who's playing at the Adelphi I will let you know :)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 05:41:59 PM »

Cheers Al. I'd be more than happy just to hang out at the Cavern (to be honest The Adelphi staff were really rude and snooty to me last year and I'd be happy not to give them my money.) And I was really suprised how relaxed and up-for-a-party The Cavern was. The staff saw me light up a dooby in the corner and just smiled.
800 years of Liverpool music sounds disturbing.
don't follow leaders

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 06:11:19 PM »

Here is this year's programme of events (notice The Overtures are headlining again!)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

Sent off a Cd yesterday, it is to go before the Matthew Street panel at their next meetting. Sue McAdams from the council is to keep me posted. Thanks again Al...Was a great nudge.

Maybe this year!!!??!!! :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »

Blimey - that sounds VERY promising!!! I reckon you're in there!!!!! I heard some of the bands last year and they were... erm... to put it politely... not very good!!!! I've heard you guys and you are head and shoulders (and mid-torso!) above the majority of the bands I saw!!!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »

Quote from: 185
Cheers Al. I'd be more than happy just to hang out at the Cavern (to be honest The Adelphi staff were really rude and snooty to me last year and I'd be happy not to give them my money.) And I was really suprised how relaxed and up-for-a-party The Cavern was. The staff saw me light up a dooby in the corner and just smiled.
800 years of Liverpool music sounds disturbing.

There were loads of complaints about the Adelphi last year - not least because of a fire which caused the hap-hazard evacuation of the whole hotel and meant we had to stand in the rain for 2 hours!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.426 seconds with 63 queries.