Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul's Cars  (Read 1686 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
Paul's Cars
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »

I am researching Beatles cars and and seeking as much information as possible on any car Paul has had since his first to his latest.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Paul's Cars
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »

Hi Bill,
there's a thread on Paul's cars in this very forum. You can find it by clicking on this link: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=8196.0

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »

Thanks for the link. It's interesting, although there is no actual information on it and Im not sure which of thed cars Paul actually owned and which are just photos of the type of car he had. It would be good to trace every one of Paul's cars, from the very first one he ever bought. Also, to have the information on when he bought them, how long he had them, how much he paid, which were given as presents, where they are now. That's what I'm busily working on at the moment, any help would be appreciated.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »

There was a fuzz about the Lexus in 2009. It's a hybrid car which was imported from Japan as a present. Estimated value about £84,000.-

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:06:29 PM »

hi bill,not sure if it will be any help to you,but at the mo i am reading the new mccartney book 'fab',and it states his first car was a green ford classic.he used to take iris caldwell out on dates in this car.
incidentally i hope you find out everything you wish to in your research-i am a big,big paul fan,and it is subjects like the cars he has owned that for some unknown reason absolutely fascinate me.aside from the mini cooper,the db6,and the softtop roller,i know nothing about them.so i wait with interest........good luck!
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »

Thanks for the info on the Ford classic. Actually, when they were in Hamburg George sent a note to a fan instructing her how to clean a car. Then he told her to fill six buckets of dirty water and go to Forthlin Road and muddy up Paul's Ford Classic!

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:25:52 AM »

News from one of John's cars. From topgear.com

A Ferrari 330 GT once owned by John Lennon will be auctioned off in Paris on 5 February.

Lennon who, you cry? Why, he's only the world's most recognised bearded Liverpudlian, famous for painting a Rolls in psychedelic livery and, erm, being in a band called ‘The Beatles', or summat.

The light-blue 1965 Ferrari 330 GT, immaculately restored to its original condition in the mid 90s, was John's first car after he passed his driving test. Rumour has it, his driving test made headline news; so much so, every luxury car dealership close to his home in Weybridge rocked up with a car on the day, hoping the big man would pick theirs.

Astons, Jags and Maseratis flooded the road outside, as Lennon calmly strolled outside, had a peek at the collected exotica and plumped for the 330 GT.

In them days the Fezza was worth £2,000, but Bonhams is expecting to get just over £140,000 when it goes up for auction next month. Lennon's colourful Rolls sold for £1.5m in 1985, if you require perspective.

It's being sold at Bonhams' Paris sale of Motor Cars at the Grand Palais on 5 February.

Page created in 0.523 seconds with 50 queries.