Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Adam  (Read 2982 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Adam
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:33:14 AM »

I saw this article today. It's fascinating this case. But what I find really interesting is the last paragraph. I never thought of this before, but this case really did change the way people think. Both good and bad. I do think people have become overly cautious though and it's a shame in many ways. I wonder if we would have become so paranoid had this and cases like this not been so exploited by the media.

[size=18]Fla. police close books on '81 Walsh killing[/size]

Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008

HOLLYWOOD, Fla.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Adam
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »

otoole was henry lee lucas' buddy the biggest texas serial killer...i live in the next town from where adam was napped from...it was sad news but what his father did media wise i agree helps the cause far more than anything b4 but NOTHING CAN EVER REPLACE THE CHILD....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

oh and i dislike hollywood florida cops too.....

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:28:01 AM »

I read about this yesterday, I am happy that there is closure in their hearts and minds now.  And about the last paragraph, it is kind of sad that some people have become over paranoid but I think they things that John Walsh has done has way more pros than cons.  He has put away alot of bad people.  I rather people be catious than careless.
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:40:16 AM »

Quote from: 284
otoole was henry lee lucas' buddy the biggest texas serial killer...i live in the next town from where adam was napped from...it was sad news but what his father did media wise i agree helps the cause far more than anything b4 but NOTHING CAN EVER REPLACE THE CHILD....

Do you remember when it happened? Must have been crazy being so close to it. This was a huge media story. I think it IS good what he's done, but I do think people are too paranoid. I think kids suffer for it.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:32:36 AM »

Maybe because I don't have kids, so I don't know what it's like to be a parent.  But I know I would be paranoid, in a good way.
<br />

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 04:03:10 AM »

Quote from: 216

Do you remember when it happened? Must have been crazy being so close to it. This was a huge media story. I think it IS good what he's done, but I do think people are too paranoid. I think kids suffer for it.
they once found a guy crucified to a sea grape tree right beside the on ramp in miami...he was naked as well......there are things that happened down there that you wouldn't believe unless you saw it or were part of it....
i do recall it...it make everybody sick.....i remember thinking it could be someone from south florida...they have healthy fun weekends so they are pretty content...florida attracts all kinds tho...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 11:49:29 PM »

sad news....kalees body has been found and confirmed....bless the beasts and the children......

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 02:41:02 AM »

I do agree that this has created a lot of "stranger danger" paranoia. People teach their children to fear those they don't know, when in fact, children are almost always killed or molested by a relative or family friend rather than a random stranger.

I also feel that this attitude prompts many people to raise their children in the suburbs or the country because they feel the "big city" puts their children at risk. The truth is, horrible things can happen anywhere.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 03:45:54 AM »

Kids used to be taught how to take care of themselves. They were given a lot of freedom. Jeez, my friends and I never even saw our parents till dinnertime. We walked and biked everywhere and never once encountered someone dangerous. It's so rare. And it wasn't any safer back then than it is now. Sorry.

I feel bad for kids who can't even walk down the street to a friends house without a parent hovering over them. They're gonna have issues later on dealing with reality.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 05:09:38 AM »

I know for a fact where I live now is so much more dangerous than when my parents were growing up.  You should see the gang violence and crime in my area.  It's really sad.  

I don't think parents should be overbearing but I don't think they should just let their kids roam free and not let them be aware of certain situations that can arise.  I do see your points about being too paraniod, but I really do think sometimes thats better.  

When I was growing up, my parents were not overly paraniod.  I rode my boke all over by myself, ran around the neighborhood with the neighbor kids and  the only thing I had to do is be home when the streetlights came on.  But my parents did teach me not to talk to strange adults and whatnot.  

There should be a balance is what I guess I am trying to say...
<br />

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 57 queries.