Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: DM's Daily Quiz  (Read 72135 times)

Bobber

Re: DM's Daily Quiz
« Reply #360 on: March 02, 2011, 07:53:56 AM »

There's new hope for you this month. I'll be off a couple of weekends. ha2ha
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »

Probably a connection between beachcomber and Chochin, but the IPs are different. Both played 15 days, one sucked and one was brilliant. Let me know when BC has played.

Johno

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:33 AM »

Hello Bobber,

I notice Beachcomber’s alter-ego Choclin has returned again yesterday (with a 10 surprisingly enough). I know it’s only a fun quiz so why would anyone want to cheat?

Johno

Bobber

« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2011, 09:10:54 AM »

Hello Bobber,

I notice Beachcomber’s alter-ego Choclin has returned again yesterday (with a 10 surprisingly enough). I know it’s only a fun quiz so why would anyone want to cheat?

Johno

I really don't know. Problem is I can ban based on IP's, but if someone is playing with a dynamic IP it's pretty hard. In fact is pretty easy to cheat on the quiz, but as you said, it's supposed to be a fun quiz. I can only hope that other players look at it that way as well.

Bobber

« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2011, 07:53:03 AM »

To prevent cheating, I can turn on this option:

Cheat Prevention
It is easy for players to cheat if all players get identical questions each day. They can simply by use multiple accounts or share answers with friends. Our cheat prevention works by giving all players playing in a day slightly differenty questions. Over time, all players will get the same questions, keeping competition fair.

Update: I have switched it on.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:54:50 AM by Bobber »

KelMar

« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Update: I have switched it on.

Thanks Cor! When you're slow like I am you need a level playing field.  ;)

Johno

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #366 on: February 07, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »

I see today’s (7th February) leader has scored 10/10 again in a remarkable 24 seconds, after Beachcomber had played. Funnily enough Beachcomber didn’t play yesterday and neither did Chochin.  This follows a similar pattern on 31st January when Chochin took 21 seconds to get 10/10.

I’ve played this quiz for a while now and it is simply not possible to score 10/10 unless you go straight to the answers without reading the questions.       

Johno

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #367 on: February 07, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

My second paragraph should have read:

I’ve played this quiz for a while now and it is simply not possible to score 10/10 in 21 - 24 unless you go straight to the answers and therefore already know the questions.   

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »

I think there's been a couple of legit players who have managed to get times in the low 20's, so it is possible.
I've never done it personally - I can never scroll down the page that fast - but I think it could be done.

Bobber

« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »

It's a pity if people feel the need to cheat on the quiz. There is nothing to win or lose, it is just for fun purposes. I think I once scored a 23 or 24, so low twenties can be done. I just don't believe one can do it a couple of times in a row.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2012, 09:23:51 AM »

My personal best lowest is 21. If the ten questions are all about songs and nothing else, I find it fairly easy to skim down them.

The last few weeks there have been some toughies! Which explains my sh*t scores...lol!

Johno

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »

I’ll have to bow to your (collective) knowledge on this one; I think you have all been playing the quiz for longer than I have. I certainly wouldn’t question your own integrity(s).

I know it’s only a fun quiz but I think there is a certain player I have mentioned earlier who generally only seems to play and score a winning 10 on the days Beachcomber also plays (and neither has played at the time of writing today).

(I can answer 10 in 21 seconds but I would be lucky to get two answers correct)!     

KelMar

« Reply #372 on: February 09, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »

I think questions tend to be repeated so people who have been playing longer can skim through them more quickly. I wish my reaction time was faster. I feel like there's glue on the bottom of my mouse sometimes. But it's still fun.  :)

Bobber

« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »

I know it’s only a fun quiz but I think there is a certain player I have mentioned earlier who generally only seems to play and score a winning 10 on the days Beachcomber also plays (and neither has played at the time of writing today).

I'll keep an eye out.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:35 AM »

I suck. I missed three.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »

I suck. I missed three.  ha2ha

Nah...even on the rare occasion when i get them all I still can't beat these speedy guys.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 64 queries.