A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Paul's reaction to John's death?  (Read 6332 times)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Paul's reaction to John's death?
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »

Reserved eccentrics  ;D  ;D

Your right harihead, it was almost like he was wearing a mask.
<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »

Quote from: 1333
Not rubbish.  In response to "How would an Englishman react?," see Paul's response.  Not to generalize, but the English are known to be more reserved with their outward emotions.  I don't think Paul's response was necessarily inappropriate, but I also don't think it was an inappropriate time for the press to question him about it.  He knew they would, right?  If he was setting foot in public, he surely knew the question would be asked sooner rather than later.

(And the notion that it was because Paul was a 'stoner,' in the previous post -- now THAT'S rubbish.)

Of course, if he was Italian....

that is pure mince, where someone comes from doesn't determine how they act/feel, people react differently to certain things regardless of there nationality

i think youve been watching to many The Good Life re-runs :P

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 11:42:35 PM »

Several people have come to the conclusion that based on my observations about the British, then I must not be British myself.  Think again, folks.  

Though I'm hung like an Italian.

(By the way, what is 'The Good Life?')

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:46 AM »

the good life is a song by somebody and a terrible 70's british sitcom.

musturd breath

BlueMeanie

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »

Several people have come to the conclusion that based on my observations about the British, then I must not be British myself.  Think again, folks.  

Then sorry, but you should be ashamed of yourself.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »

(And the notion that it was because Paul was a 'stoner,' in the previous post -- now THAT'S rubbish.)

Why? I was stoned every minute for ten years and can tell you it pretty well dampens your emotions. Why could that not have effected the way he behaved in front of the camera.
Nearly everything I've read about Paul places him as a distant, hard-to-get-to-know guy. Linda was barely cold before he replaced her. John had made Paul's life hell in the 90's. I've heard of friction between the two appearing as early as the Rubber Soul sessions. Read Paul's comments about John in the Hunter Davis update - they're not very endearing.
Paul might have been in shock. But he may not have - he might have been sick of hearing about John-bloody-Lennon.
don't follow leaders

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »

Quote from: 185
Read Paul's comments about John in the Hunter Davis update - they're not very endearing.
Interesting point, Kevin. You can also read Paul's comments about John in Paul's autobiography "Many Years From Now". There are no buddy-buddy stories whatsoever, no fond remembrances. It's all work (although very little creative process, unfortunately). Paul comes round to John's house to write songs and to torment John about how many chickie babies Paul has laid while John is stuck home with the wife. The book did not give me a very favorable impression of Paul; he seemed absorbed in his own friends and his own pursuits.

As a social climber, I got the idea he was rather ashamed of these Liverpool friends who stuck to their lower-class accents and did not blend into the art world the way Paul did. He also baldly states that he never loved Jane, so we are absolutely clear he slept with her and lived with her family for 5 years specifically because they could introduce him to London society. When her purpose was served, she was disposable. I have to say, the book rather shocked me, as it was his official biography and these are the facts he wanted on record. Okay. As a working partner, I think he and John were great. But he didn't seem a very good friend.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

Quote from: 483

Then sorry, but you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why so touchy?  The British are known to be more reserved than most (except when it comes to soccer).  That's not a bad thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 26 queries.