Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do you think the Beatles were good musicians?  (Read 7750 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Do you think the Beatles were good musicians?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »

Blimey, we actually agree on something!!! ;D
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 01:23:56 AM »

Quote from: 483
And if you were old enough to have grown up with the bands that these guys were in; Yes, and King Crimson, for instance, it's not the kind of music you want to hear. Horrible. Sorry. :)

LOL! You would be hard pressed to find a bigger YES fan on this forum than me (King Crimson never really appealled and i'ma huge prog freak). Anyways, as much as I adore 'Fragile', 'Close To The Edge', 'The Yes Album' and all their other 70's stuff, I still love '90125', 'Drama', and 'Big Generator'. Theres awesome stuff on those 80's albums.

Hey, its your choice if you like Asia or not, but I think their first three albums were all good.

(Also, i'm almost 40 now so I did enjoy your comment. Thanks.)

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »

Quote from: 373

LOL! You would be hard pressed to find a bigger YES fan on this forum than me (King Crimson never really appealled and i'ma huge prog freak). Anyways, as much as I adore 'Fragile', 'Close To The Edge', 'The Yes Album' and all their other 70's stuff, I still love '90125', 'Drama', and 'Big Generator'. Theres awesome stuff on those 80's albums.

Hey, its your choice if you like Asia or not, but I think their first three albums were all good.

(Also, i'm almost 40 now so I did enjoy your comment. Thanks.)

I was seriously addicted to YES in the 70's. Saw them 6 times in concert from SF to Toronto. All the albums mentioned are classics--and I'll add more to this list that you possibly remember as well : Tales From Topographic Ocean, Relayer, Time And A Word, YES (the first album --this one has a KILLER cover of the Fab's own "Every Little Thing" which actually BLOWS THE BEATLES VERSION AWAY, if such a thing can be said !) ALSO, I had all the Yes SOLO stuff too : Rick Wakeman's "Six Wives of Henry the Eighth", "Journey To The Center of The Earth" (etc.), Steve Howe's "Australia" album...and EVEN Chris Squire (one of the world's greatest bassists) "The Fish"....love all that late 60's-early 70's progressive work (Tull, Genesis, Yes, Deep Purple, Floyd, ELP etc.)My friends and family used to call me a "walking encyclopedia" on this stuff. They were right..I couldnt get enough of it..just spent the last ten years transferring all my analog stuff to digital. So you see, I'm not just a Beatle person...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 39 queries.