Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gene Simmons : rock legend & capitalist genius  (Read 5259 times)

Wayne L.

Gene Simmons : rock legend & capitalist genius
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:46:15 PM »

Gene Simmons is a rock legend of the highest degree as a member of the legendary rock group Kiss who has been rocking for over 30 years(Kiss should have stopped after their farewell tour personally speaking)who gave rock & roll a good kick in the ass during the 70's with their music, their shows, their image & their attitude while it's sad that critics still don't get it to this day since Kiss is more than just about their makeup & Gene's famous tongue.  Gene Simmons knows how make money as well as making music & being a great performer along with being politically incorrect with his opinions which upset his opponents who take themselves way too seriously for their own good & keeping his name in the spotlight after all these years just like another rock legend named Sir Paul McCartney which is why he's a capitalist genius regardless if you disagree with him.

Crazy Diamond

Re: Gene Simmons : rock legend & capitalist genius
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:30:26 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! GENIUS?!?!?! :D

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 02:37:06 PM »

c'mon Wayne, you are kidding right?

---powered by Moondogs®---

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 03:25:54 PM »

Of course he is. :D

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 04:18:33 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1087998375,s=0 date=1087998375]Gene Simmons is a rock legend of the highest degree as a member of the legendary rock group Kiss who has been rocking for over 30 years(Kiss should have stopped after their farewell tour personally speaking)who gave rock & roll a good kick in the ass during the 70's with their music, their shows, their image & their attitude while it's sad that critics still don't get it to this day since Kiss is more than just about their makeup & Gene's famous tongue.

strutter84

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 07:16:09 PM »

Oh he's always doing that.  By now it should be obvious he's not serious, after all he makes the most ridiculous comparisons.  Eddie Van Halen to Jimmy Page, David Lee Roth to Robert Plant, Ronald Reagan to Franklin Roosevelt, and now Gene Simmons to Paul McCartney.  How could anyone take that seriously?

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 11:02:08 PM »

Well....how many memorable songs have Simmons or McCartney put out since 1980.....and they both found ways to make a great deal of money off their bands.....perhaps they are similar?

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

strutter84

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 03:08:26 AM »

The difference is Paul McCartney wrote "Hey Jude".  Gene Simmons wrote "Lick it Up."  I think they're different.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 06:32:05 AM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1087998375,s=6 date=1088031728]Well....how many memorable songs have Simmons or McCartney put out since 1980.....and they both found ways to make a great deal of money off their bands.....perhaps they are similar?[/quote]

Actually, Paul wrote some memorable songs after 1980 (for me especially).

Coming Up
Tug Of War
Take It Away
Here Today
Ebony And Ivory
Say Say Say
Press
Spies Like Us
My Brave Face
Figure Of Eight
Hope Of Deliverance
The World Tonight
Vanilla Sky
Freedom

Those are the ones that did the best on the charts and hardly anything close to my favorites, but nontheless.

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 07:12:39 AM »

Gene Simmons was bad in the 70's and even worse in the 80's...he went from Christine 16 to Psycho Circus...all bad music.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 08:30:34 AM »

I like the live version of Coming Up....I don't really ever find myself humming any of his other hits since then much....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

I think Kiss acted way more hardcore than they actually were.  I was meant for loving you baby...... not really intense.  Simmons is quite the capitalist, considering he is still making money off an eventful day at the carnival at which he stopped at a facepainting booth. 

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 06:53:24 PM »

I agree, KISS was just a carnival show. In fact, they aren't in the Rock Hall of Fame, which is just, because they really only had three or four memorable tunes.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 03:41:23 AM »

I hated Kiss in the 70's.  They were bubblegum showbiz as far as I was concerned.

I've since come to like two of their songs.  That's about it.

They were always about pyrotechnics, tongues, shock value, theatre.  Not music.

strutter84

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2004, 07:03:10 AM »

Is there any product that KISS doesn't have their faces on?  They have lunchboxes, t shirts, mugs, door mats.........home pregnancy tests etc.  What a bunch of sell outs.  "Shout it Out Loud" is a fine tune though.  :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 09:44:48 AM »

Gene Simmon's is just like Paul McCartney?? So does that make Paul Stanley the John Lennon of Kiss? Lennon/McCartney-Stanley/Simmons. Uh, I don't think so! I remember thinking Kiss was a joke in the sixth grade! They haven't improved in my evaluation of them since then. Rock and roll all night and party every day! Real profound.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 10:34:14 AM »

paul is more savvy than gene.it was paul who decided they should merchandise themselves.....paul by the way is really stanley eisen

Spanky

• One And One Is Two
  • You may say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 01:54:05 PM »

i don't think we can really compare kiss with the beatles or simmons with paul mccartney. the beatles were pioneers in the music industry. they set the standard for many bands and still do to this day. they were the first to do a live world wide broadcast, the first to make music videos and the first to really market themselves.
i'm sure their is many other things i've missed but is early and the coffee is just kicking in... ;D ;D

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 04:22:50 PM »

Wasn't Elvis Presley the first to make music video's?

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 04:29:55 PM »

[quote by=Zep_Fan link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1087998375,s=18 date=1088266970]Wasn't Elvis Presley the first to make music video's?[/quote]

If you count Betty Boop cartoons I'd have to say Cab Calloway.

And there were even other musical films before that: jazz, 'race' and general pop.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 82 queries.