Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul and Julian  (Read 2420 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Paul and Julian
« on: July 02, 2005, 01:47:14 AM »

Paul was pretty close with Julian when he was a kid, in fact I read somwhere that Paul spent more time with him than John did. But I was just wondering about their current relationship. I know that Julian was angry when Paul said that Lucy in the Sky was about LSD and wrote something about it on his website, but I don't think he's holding a grudge or anything like that.

So, does anyone have some information?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

Re: Paul and Julian
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:01:57 AM »

19 October 1984 - Julians album Valotte is released in the US.

When Valotte was released, Paul McCartney sent Julian a telegram saying "Good luck, old fruit" and after he heard it he called as told Julian "I love it." In an interview Paul said: "I think it's great! What surprised me is he's got a very good voice, 'cause I knew that I'd heard that he sounds like his dad, and I guessed that Phil (Ramone) was doing a sort of Lennon sound-a-like record. But I found it very surprising. His voice goes to some very pleasant places. Okay, it's a little like his dad, but that's on purpose, I think. He shows a musicality I didn't know he had."

There's a lot of information about Julian on http://www.heyjules.com Not too many indications of Paul, however.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 07:08:18 PM »

I think Paul IS looked at by Julian an an uncle, rock legend & friend of his father in a legendary rock band like always.  

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
19 October 1984 - Julians album Valotte is released in the US.

When Valotte was released, Paul McCartney sent Julian a telegram saying "Good luck, old fruit" and after he heard it he called as told Julian "I love it." In an interview Paul said: "I think it's great! What surprised me is he's got a very good voice, 'cause I knew that I'd heard that he sounds like his dad, and I guessed that Phil (Ramone) was doing a sort of Lennon sound-a-like record. But I found it very surprising. His voice goes to some very pleasant places. Okay, it's a little like his dad, but that's on purpose, I think. He shows a musicality I didn't know he had."

There's a lot of information about Julian on http://www.heyjules.com Not too many indications of Paul, however.

yeah, I remember reading that on his site  :) I though that was nice gesture of Paul, sending Julian a telegram and congratulating him   :)

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 06:30:04 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
So, does anyone have some information?

Maybe you'll find more from Cynthia's book A Twist Of Lennon. (Does she have a new one?) I've been meaning to buy it. I'm sure there are chapters dealing with their life in Weybridge. The affluent, boring, suburban phase which John struggled through between 1964 and 1968, and of course Paul's relationship with Julian are particularly interesting.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 11:39:41 PM »

I remember Paul saying in an interview once, that he was proud, that all the "Beatle Kids" turned out well.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 12:41:04 AM »

even though they didnt turn out THAT well..i mean look at sean lennon, he isnt exactly succesfull

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 02:14:59 AM »

why isnt he succesfull?

Paul McCartney :)

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 02:02:59 PM »

When it comes to the music business Sean has NOT been as successful as Julian & Zack asa rock drummer when it comes to Beatle kids probably because his music isn't too mainstream number14.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 02:42:52 PM »

When Paul said the Beatle Kids turned out well, I think what he meant was that they grew up to be respectable members of society, and not club-hopping, drug-taking, booze drinking brats like so many other rock stars' kids.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 03:50:31 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
When Paul said the Beatle Kids turned out well, I think what he meant was that they grew up to be respectable members of society, and not club-hopping, drug-taking, booze drinking brats like so many other rock stars' kids.

Exactly. He wasn't referring to record sales. He was saying that none of them ended up in trouble, jail, etc.--their hearts are in the right places and that they are good "kids".

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 01:14:27 PM »

Paul and Julian in 1968.

JGTMTE

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 12:59:43 PM »

Hey jools... dont make it bad.... take a sad song... and make it better....

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 64 queries.