Solo forums > Paul McCartney

NEW...

<< < (25/28) > >>

Badgirl66:
It's time to say Goodbye Paul... ;sorry So many Live Show ruins your Voice

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Badgirl66 on November 11, 2015, 01:18:16 PM ---It's time to say Goodbye Paul... ;sorry So many Live Show ruins your Voice

--- End quote ---

I think he will continue doing what he's doing for as long as he can. Which is wonderful in itself. Lots of people enjoy seeing Paul live on stage. But maybe, yes, is it time to lean back just a little bit. Take more time for his things. Why should he tour so much? Why not just pick a couple of nice gigs?

His songwriting on New is certainly not his best in my humble opinion. The fact that a lot of production and effects was needed, shows me that the songs in itself are not so strong. The songs that lack these effects are the best songs on the album.

Badgirl66:
Exactly, and if he is no longer in studio so then he is LIVE not really better .

I buy myself a new studio albums only because the gathering not because of his voice.

my Most Money is only for the Archive Series important now

blmeanie:
I am looking forward to his next album, if it is at all like New I would be happy.  Is it my favorite?  Nope.  I enjoy it though because I wasn't bench marking it against whatever I consider his best work, that isn't really how you listen to music is it?  I hope not.   I listen and enjoy it for how it makes me feel.  The melodies, lyrics and production all are fine for me, better than most everything I hear being published in rock/pop.

As for touring, I have been hoping the next list of cities gets published soon and hope Atlanta is on it so i can see him for the 8th or 9th time (need to count).  Love seeing him and enjoy the show.

tkitna:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on November 11, 2015, 05:49:14 PM ---I enjoy it though because I wasn't bench marking it against whatever I consider his best work, that isn't really how you listen to music is it?  I hope not.   

--- End quote ---

Not at all.  I dont compare any of his albums to his earlier stuff.  Thats kind of silly isnt it?  I dont think anybody expects him to do a 'Band On The Run' everytime he releases an album.  I listen to the album and decide if I like it or not.  If I do,,,,great.  If I dont,,,,oh well.  I didnt like NEW.  Its one of his most forgettable albums in my opinion with no really strong songs to speak of.  I'm only speaking for myself though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version