Solo forums > Paul McCartney

NEW...

<< < (28/28)

blmeanie:

--- Quote from: tkitna on March 24, 2020, 04:17:36 PM ---Reading back on this thread, I was pretty brutal with my outlook of this album.  My opinion has changed a lot over those years.  I like NEW a good bit now.  Wonder how and why my tastes change so drastically?  Its an interesting and entertaining album that I break out every once in awhile now.  I feel bad that I slagged it like I did.  Still not big on 'Egypt Station' though.

--- End quote ---

I'd guess you, like many of us, have near perfection as where the bar is set, from Beatles days, from certain parts of solo work days.  The general assumption is something new (no pun intended) can't or won't be as good, so you "slagged" it.  (love that description).

Another factor plays into it, if a new album was put out in days before cell phones, before social, before wall to wall information and distractions, you may have listed to it over and over.  Life may have been simpler (not really but you know what I mean). 

Time listening goes a long way on non released songs.  Look at all the songs by any artist that you love that general public never heard before because they were on an album that didn't get radio play.

nimrod:
New, was released 7 years ago this week.

Where does time go ?  ???

Moogmodule:
Scary indeed.

Hello Goodbye:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDC4284SA0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version