Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When did live George & Ringo at Green St. flat??  (Read 10315 times)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
Re: When did live George & Ringo at Green St. flat??
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »

Thank you. Bobber!! ;)

My guess is he has the date wrong. Why?? Page 106:

"[Ringo and George arrive at their Green Street flat and meet Klaus there] «Hey Klaus», begrüsste mich ein müder George, und zu Bill in nasalem Ton, fast ein bisschen wie Lord George: «Bill, macht du uns Tee?» Wie erwartet, ging es sofort in mein Zimmer, um zu sehen, was ich alles mitgebracht hatte.

«Oh, the spanish guitar!» Georges Augen glänzten,und schon spielte er die erste Akkorde. «Sounds great, man! Kann ich die morgen im Studio benützen?»"

So, this happened around 27 February 1964, when IIF and AILH were recorded..., didn't it??

Xosé

1) According to Astrid own words, she goes to Green Street flat by «Spring 1964» and during the filmming of A hard day's night...

2) Klaus is living there with them, according to his own words and the photo posted here...

3) A postcard sent by Klaus to his Spanish guitar teacher in Tenerife is dated 23 March 1964, and he states that he is living with The Beatles [George & Ringo] at their flat in London. The postmark reads «London SW»

4) According to several sources, Harrison bought Kinfauns for £20,000 on 17 July 1964...

5) According to Klaus, when George moved out to Kinfauns, Ringo decided to look for a bigger flat and offered Klaus to live with him...

According to Astrid own words, her visit -together with Max Scheler- happened during the train sequences for the film: «I remember in the train sequence of the movie were two young actresses playing schoolgirls, one with short dark hair and one with blonde [Pattie Boyd]. I think it was my first day on the set; we were in one of the carriages and these two girls...»

So..., 2-9 March 1964??

Xosé
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:07:35 PM by Xose »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »

According to Astrid own words, her visit -together with Max Scheler- happened during the train sequences for the film: «I remember in the train sequence of the movie were two young actresses playing schoolgirls, one with short dark hair and one with blonde [Pattie Boyd]. I think it was my first day on the set; we were in one of the carriages and these two girls...»

So..., 2-9 March 1964??

Xosé

I think you narrowed it down pretty well, Xosé.  The train sequence was filmed March 2 -9, 1964.  Forty-nine years ago!!
I can stay till it's time to go

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »

I think you narrowed it down pretty well, Xosé.  The train sequence was filmed March 2 -9, 1964.  Forty-nine years ago!!

Yes... Thank you, HG!! ;)

Astrid was there 2-9 March 1964, although she says «Spring». Klaus says he went to live with G&R at Green Street «in the Autumn of 1963», although he remembers that when he arrived there, they were rehearsing/recording 'If I Fell' in Abbey Road, and the postcard to his guitar teacher in Tenerife is dated 23 March 1964.

So..., what??

Best!! ;)

Xosé
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:53:26 AM by Xose »

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »

October 17, 1963. Recording of I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy and  a take of You Really Got A Hold On Me. Plus the Christmas Record for 1963.

October 23: recording the final input for With The Beatles. I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child and Hold Me Tight...

So, Klaus could have attended a recording in the autumn of 1963. But it is certain that the Beatles did not record If I Fell at one of those occasions. Either Klaus has the date wrong, or he has the song wrong.

According to another postcard sent by Klaus to his guitar teacher in Tenerife, and dated 6 OCT 1963, he was still living at his family home in Berlin by then...

Xosé

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »

I guees you kniw this book: Klaus Voormann, «Warum spielst du Imagine nicht auf dem weißen Klavier, John», Munich, Heyne, 2003

My German is -indeed- much worse than my English. But there are a few facts on this book that puzzle me.

- On page 96, Voormann says:

«Mit der in eine Wolldecke eingewickelten Gitarre, meinem neuen TK40-Tonbandgerät, Stuarts Bassgitarre und ein paar Habseligkeiten machte Ich I'm Herbst 1963 auf den Weg nach London...

Klaus hadn't still purchased the Grundig TK-40 by 28 APR - 9 MAY 1963, when he was in Tenerife with Astrid, P, G & R, but he had already purchased it on 6 OCT 1963, when he wrote to his guitar teacher in Tenerife...

Xosé
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.647 seconds with 45 queries.