Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let It Be  (Read 8428 times)

Tontini

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is all and love is everyone
Let It Be
« on: April 25, 2005, 02:01:48 AM »

What Let It Be solo do you like better? I like the single version way better, but I've seen a lot of people preferring the album version. Just wanted to know what you guys think.
Oh dear
What can I do?
Baby's In Black and I'm feeling blue

MrMustard11

• A Beginning
Re: Let It Be
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:23:34 PM »

I'm not sure i like either... The one I prefer is a third version, which is on the 1 collection... but it could as well be the single version... But I know there are three versions floating around in the "official" pool...

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »

i prefer the one one naked, which was also filmed for anthology

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:30:50 AM »

Quote from: MrMustard11
I'm not sure i like either... The one I prefer is a third version, which is on the 1 collection... but it could as well be the single version... But I know there are three versions floating around in the "official" pool...

The one on '1' is the single version. And it's the best of the bunch........second best is the stripped down version on "LIB...Naked".........the original "LIB" album version has a rather offputing solo and a weird bass drum sorta thing that comes in near the end of the song...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »

Good topic! :)

The two different solos were actually supposed to be heard simultaneoulsy, but that changed when Phil Spector started twiddling the knobs! I think I actually have a version with the two solos playing together - I'll have to check. On the single version the strings and choir are much lower in the mix, which makes it easier on the ear.

As far as I'm aware, there were only 2 officially released mixes of this track (in the UK anyway) - the single version and the album version - the single version also cropped up on the 'Blue Album' and, much later on, '1'.

This song is SO much better that The Long And Whining Bore, don't you think?

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 12:48:56 AM »

Oh yea, LIB > > > > > > > > > TLAWR

But I LOVE the LIB solo, and the album version really shows off more of the Beatles.  The bass guitar part accompanies the solo very well (go Lennon), you hear George at the END as well as the solo (go George), Paul sings well in both (Go Paul), and Ringo's drumming at the end of both versions is great.  After the four Let It Bes at the end, Ringo does a great fill, and then comes the "Whisper Words of Wisdom."  That part is awesome (go Ringo).

But you hear all this on the album version.  It's the best of all three versions.

Tontini

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is all and love is everyone
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 02:18:57 AM »

I meant the solo ... But good analysis Frightwolf.
Oh dear
What can I do?
Baby's In Black and I'm feeling blue

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 02:25:19 AM »

I like the album version WAYYY better. It's more edgy sounding. I love that distorted guitar or whatever it is they're doing it. It just sounds a little harder. Isn't that John doing it? That's what I've read. It's like the guitar on Revolution. LOUD! I love it. I wish the Beatles would have done more loudish, edgy songs like Revolution, Helter Skelter and I Am the Walrus.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 09:41:48 PM »

Quote from: Tontini
I meant the solo ... But good analysis Frightwolf.

Oops :P

Still, tho, I'd prefer the album, because the guitar is playing solo in the solo section and in the end, and it sounds so full of life.  Go George :)!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I like the album version WAYYY better. It's more edgy sounding. I love that distorted guitar or whatever it is they're doing it. It just sounds a little harder. Isn't that John doing it? That's what I've read. It's like the guitar on Revolution. LOUD! I love it. I wish the Beatles would have done more loudish, edgy songs like Revolution, Helter Skelter and I Am the Walrus.

To be fair, I think Ticket To Ride was supposed to be heavy.

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »

If you mean the original Album version then I go for that one over Naked, Anthology and single.
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 04:34:29 PM »

Album version...
The naked version is good but it can't beat the album one.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »

Single version

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »

KelMar

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »

This one, sad?

It's so sad it crashed my Flash player!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »

This song is SO much better that The Long And Whining Bore, don't you think?

Funny you mention this. 

Every time I see a Beatles Tribute band, they always end with these 2 songs in the encore, and sure enough, this is when I make my exit!   icon_good
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 05:51:59 PM »

I have a feeling this won't be news to most people here—it wasn't to me—but I found the specifics touching: Paul's description of the origins of Let It Be.

Explaining the origins of ‘Let It Be’ in Many Years From Now, McCartney said: “One night during this tense time I had a dream I saw my mum, who’d been dead ten years or so. And it was so great to see her because that’s a wonderful thing about dreams: you actually are reunited with that person for a second; there they are and you appear to both be physically together again. It was so wonderful for me and she was very reassuring.”

McCartney continued: “In the dream she said, ‘It’ll be all right.’ I’m not sure if she used the words ‘Let it be’ but that was the gist of her advice, it was, ‘Don’t worry too much, it will turn out OK.’ It was such a sweet dream I woke up thinking, Oh, it was really great to visit with her again. I felt very blessed to have that dream. So that got me writing the song ‘Let It Be’.” I literally started off ‘Mother Mary’, which was her name, ‘When I find myself in times of trouble’, which I certainly found myself in. The song was based on that dream.”

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »

Paul had very productive dreams.

It is a touching story though.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »

Seems mother Mary appeared at exactly the right time.  This also shows how deeply affected Paul was by the impending disbandment of the Beatles.  He was sad and really cared about them.  I think a lot of people have thought otherwise and saw Paul as cold-blooded and callous when he announced his "break with the Beatles."  Many still blame Paul for the break-up.

I'm surprised that Paul hadn't had a dream about his mother before that.  I've had numerous dreams in which my mom was present.  But I've never gotten a message from her like Paul did.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.413 seconds with 90 queries.