Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yellow Submarine...  (Read 4741 times)

Yellow Submarine...
« on: March 14, 2005, 09:00:10 AM »

I was just thinking: the Yellow Submarine movie would probably be much better if either the Beatles did their voices in it, or they had voices that sound more like them... Sure the voices there sound very cartoonish and surreal, which is the movie's premise (being a cartoon and surreal  ;D), but I think more Beatles fans would be into it if they felt there was no doubt it was the Beatles speaking...

What do you guys think? Should the remaster the voices for a new Deluxe Edition DVD for the 40th anniversary in 2008? Or do you like it the way it is? Or do you not brush your teeth?

Just a thought 8)

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
Re: Yellow Submarine...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 10:18:54 AM »

it's too late..

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:42:36 AM »

I think its good the way it is. The Beatles didnt take it to seriously and I dont either. Great cartoon with a lot of fun associated.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:47:57 AM »

NO! I love it just the way it is. If they changed it I'd be annoyed. Why mess with a good thing. BTW, that movie has introduced countless children to the Beatles, and they don't know the difference. At least I never did! One of my students is now SO obsessed with the Beatles, that she constantly talks about them all day. She brings in framed pictures of them and cd's and so on. I finally told her, Ahh, stop it, you're going to make me sick of them! So she said, It's you're fault! You showed me the Yellow Submarine. Litttle did I know.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:48:48 PM »

Too late, Let Them Be.
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 03:50:11 AM »

No way. Some things have to remain.  Hollywood and everyone else is always trying to remake everything and its ridiculous. Changing any Beatles anything is sacreligious.

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 04:33:32 AM »

I tend to think not.  True, they didn't do the voices themselves but I'm so used to the way it is that it would seem off to me if they did.
I'm off like a herd of turtles.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 12:17:46 PM »

No. I love the voices-especially Ringo- and I think it's a great movie as it is. Just watched it the other night, in fact.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »

It was alot longer then it needed to be.
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 12:36:06 AM »

Hmm, they'd have to persuade John and George to do it, that might be a little tough.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 03:50:52 AM »

Quote from: Mushmouth
It was alot longer then it needed to be.

i used to skil over the whole sea of mosnters part. not really anything worth watching, unless you're into rainbow zebra/dinosaurs.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 04:04:24 AM »

OMG! The Sea of Monsters is an awesome part! Very trippy. And it has the classic 'whatever you do don't touch that button' scene with Ringo. I love when the calgary tries to save him. 'Poor Ringo, never did nothing to nobody.' The part I always skip over is George doing It's Only a Northern Song. Boring!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 11:26:20 PM »

I don't skip any.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 08:46:11 PM »

i dont brush my teeth

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »

It wouldn't be the same without those 'fake Liverpool accents'. The actors exaggerated a lot and I don't think the Beatles would do it as good as they did. It would be great to hear them doing their own voices, though. Still voting 'no'. (And I don't mean it in the 'blue meanie' way.  ;) )

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 04:18:03 AM »

When I was little I thought it was really them. I was devasted when I found out it wasn't! ;)

allineedislove

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 04:03:21 AM »

I think it would have been nice if they did their own voice acting, considering they have some of the most famous voices in the world. But it's too late now, so it would be best to leave it alone.
I think the voice actors that were chosen did an excellent job though. The got that "Beatle wit" that is seen in "A Hard Day's Night" or "Help!"
There are quite a few parts throughout the movie in which I chuckle to myself as a result of a well delivered "Beatle-ish" response.
There's a pair of kinky boot beasts!
And they're preparing to attack!

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 12:55:08 AM »

It would've been pretty cool if the Beatles did their own voices [why didn't they?] but I don't think they should change the movie /at all/, now. I like the voices [putting aside the fact that I always get John and George's confused for some reason. xD], I like it how it is. :D It's fantastic as is.

o-o And I'm still scared of the Blue Meanies!
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 03:44:35 AM »

I think it would be cool if they did a CGI sequal to the movie. I'd love to see that. But they'd have to be able to use more Beatles songs. Which is impossible so forget it.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
NO! I love it just the way it is. If they changed it I'd be annoyed. Why mess with a good thing. BTW, that movie has introduced countless children to the Beatles, and they don't know the difference. At least I never did! One of my students is now SO obsessed with the Beatles, that she constantly talks about them all day. She brings in framed pictures of them and cd's and so on. I finally told her, Ahh, stop it, you're going to make me sick of them! So she said, It's you're fault! You showed me the Yellow Submarine. Litttle did I know.

I don't think so either, I got use to it been that way...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.474 seconds with 87 queries.