Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles for Classical Guitar  (Read 2114 times)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
Beatles for Classical Guitar
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:02:14 PM »

Hi everybody!! ;)

Does anybody know which is the earliest book of transcriptions of Beatles song for Classical Guitar?? Maybe Joe Washignton's one?? (=dated 1974) (confused)

Thnk you un advance!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

Re: Beatles for Classical Guitar
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

Hi Xose,
first of all I'd like to welcome you to DM's Beatles Forums on behalf of the forums management.  ;D
And second: I haven't got a clue about the earliest books on this subject. I know there's a couple around and I even have one on the hard disc drive. I will have to check which one that is and I really don't know from what year it is. But erm, I wonder to what interest it is for you?

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »

Hi Bobber!! ;)

Quote from: 63
...first of all I'd like to welcome you to DM's Beatles Forums on behalf of the forums management...

Thank you so much!! ;)  My English is not very good, but I will try to do my best...

Quote from: 63
...And second: I haven't got a clue about the earliest books on this subject. I know there's a couple around and I even have one on the hard disc drive. I will have to check which one that is and I really don't know from what year it is. But erm, I wonder to what interest it is for you?

Because I'm trying to research when DID Beatles music transcriptions start. Mostly transcriptions for Classical Guitar...

Thanks for your help!! ;)

Xose

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »

Quote from: 1785
Thank you so much!! ;)  My English is not very good, but I will try to do my best...
Xose

Your English is excellent. No worries!

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »

Happy new year everybody!! ;)

Quote from: 1785
...Does anybody know which is the earliest book of transcriptions of Beatles song for Classical Guitar?? Maybe Joe Washignton's one?? (=dated 1974) (confused)...

Can anybody help me??  :(

Best regards,

Xose

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »

Hi Xose, I quickly checked through the US Library of Congress' catalog, and it seems that Joe Washington's book is the earliest one on this topic.  You can also try searching for books on your own at the site:  http://catalog.loc.gov/webvoy.htm

Just note that some results that pop up may be sound recordings and not books.  Good luck!

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Hi Xose, I quickly checked through the US Library of Congress' catalog, and it seems that Joe Washington's book is the earliest one on this topic.  You can also try searching for books on your own at the site:  http://catalog.loc.gov/webvoy.htm

Just note that some results that pop up may be sound recordings and not books.  Good luck!

Very good!! Thank you a lot!! ;)

Xose

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 48 queries.