Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Red And Blue  (Read 17991 times)

Bobber

Red And Blue
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »

The Beatles` record label Apple Corps Ltd will reissued remastered versions of the `Red` (1962-1966) and `Blue` (1967-1970 albums in October. The albums, originally released in 1973, will both be 2CD packages with an expanded booklet featuring the original liner notes, rare photos and newly written essays by Bill Flanagan. The ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ compilations were the first compilations from The Beatles after they broke up in 1970.‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ were remastered at Abbey Road Studios in London by the same team of engineers who remastered the original UK albums.

The albums of artists that originally recorded on Apple (James Taylor, Badfinger, Mary Hopkin a.o.) will also be rereleased.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Red And Blue
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:41 AM »

... with an expanded booklet featuring the original liner notes ...

What original liner notes? There weren't any, were there?

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »

Well, they weren't in the original albums for sure. I copied this from a news site.

dbone828

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »

Perhaps the liner notes are referring to the printed lyrics.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »

These are the albums I don't own so will get them

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »

Red and Blue t-shirts and postcards

The official Beatles stores are currently enticing customers by offering something exclusive, red and blue t-shirts to go with the red and blue albums due out this autumn. And some postcards. Back in 1993, when these albums made their CD debut, promotional items like these were only available as giveaways to record store employees, journalists and people who knew someone who knew someone.  The most exiting promotional item was the press pack depicted below, which included a VHS video cassette with the following Beatles music videos: I Want To Hold Your Hand, Help!, Hello Goodbye and Fool On The Hill.

The full contents of the 1993 press pack:

- a red and blue Beatles presentation box

- two pages (one sheet) media information from Capitol Records. Inc. dated August 15, 1993, "The Beatles Greatest Hits on CD for the first time!"

- nine pages (five sheets) media information, Capitol Records, Inc. The Beatles Red & Blue CD George Martin interview with Mark Lewisohn"

- ten pages (five sheets) "Words From Apple", Apple Corps Ltd. "The Beatles 1962-1966 and The Beatles 1967-1970" written by Mark Lewisohn

- The Beatles "Video Clips" VHS tape in a custom red & blue slip case, the VHS tape is labeled: "Beatles Press Presentation Red & Blue"

Last time EMI/Apple released these albums, they were promoted with TV ads. We'd be surprised if this doesn't happen again. We're also hoping for promo music videos to appear on TV.

We told you earlier that there will be a boxed set available, which holds both the red and blue album CD's. This project seems to have been delayed, Amazon in the UK has a release date of November 29th for this item, eil.com says it will be available from November 22nd and only throughout the year, after which it will be deleted. The individual red and blue CD releases are still slated for October 18th, but still no sign of vinyl LP releases.

The Beatles - 1962-1966/1967-1970 (Red & Blue ON CD TV AD - 1993):
The Beatles - 1962-1966/1967-1970 (Red & Blue ON CD TV AD - 1993)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 02:17:32 PM »

Red and Blue t-shirts and postcards

The official Beatles stores are currently enticing customers by offering something exclusive, red and blue t-shirts to go with the red and blue albums due out this autumn. And some postcards. Back in 1993, when these albums made their CD debut, promotional items like these were only available as giveaways to record store employees, journalists and people who knew someone who knew someone.  The most exiting promotional item was the press pack depicted below, which included a VHS video cassette with the following Beatles music videos: I Want To Hold Your Hand, Help!, Hello Goodbye and Fool On The Hill.

The full contents of the 1993 press pack:

- a red and blue Beatles presentation box

- two pages (one sheet) media information from Capitol Records. Inc. dated August 15, 1993, "The Beatles Greatest Hits on CD for the first time!"

- nine pages (five sheets) media information, Capitol Records, Inc. The Beatles Red & Blue CD George Martin interview with Mark Lewisohn"

- ten pages (five sheets) "Words From Apple", Apple Corps Ltd. "The Beatles 1962-1966 and The Beatles 1967-1970" written by Mark Lewisohn

- The Beatles "Video Clips" VHS tape in a custom red & blue slip case, the VHS tape is labeled: "Beatles Press Presentation Red & Blue"

Last time EMI/Apple released these albums, they were promoted with TV ads. We'd be surprised if this doesn't happen again. We're also hoping for promo music videos to appear on TV.

We told you earlier that there will be a boxed set available, which holds both the red and blue album CD's. This project seems to have been delayed, Amazon in the UK has a release date of November 29th for this item, eil.com says it will be available from November 22nd and only throughout the year, after which it will be deleted. The individual red and blue CD releases are still slated for October 18th, but still no sign of vinyl LP releases.

The Beatles - 1962-1966/1967-1970 (Red & Blue ON CD TV AD - 1993): The Beatles - 1962-1966/1967-1970 (Red & Blue ON CD TV AD - 1993)

Neat commercial & information about the press pack. Very cool!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »

I'm a completeionist. I'm getting them. -sigh- Soon enough they'll be making the compilation albums remastered and I'll be giving more of my money to Apple. :P

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:37 PM »

I might put them in my Beatles Remastered boxset. At my bus stop they have a poster advertising the release.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:18:48 PM by Euan Buchan »

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

I'd have preferred  " Release date 10/10/10 ".

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »

In germany since 15th

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »

In Spain next Monday 18th...

Xosé

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
The Beatles Red And Blue Albums Remastered Released 10/10/2010
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »

The Beatles’ original 1973 compilations, the Red and Blue albums, which have been digitally remastered, are available in stores globally from today.Released October 19th 2010. Both 2 CD packages include expanded booklets with original liner notes, newly written essays by Bill Flanagan, and rare photos.The first Beatles compilations to be released after the band.’s 1970 disbandment, the popular ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ collections each feature a selection of singles and album tracks written by the band’s members.‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ have been remastered by the same dedicated team of engineers at EMI Music’s Abbey Road Studios responsible for remastering The Beatles’ original UK studio albums, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings.

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=444790950263" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=444790950263</a>
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:04 AM »

I think they still can do better compilation albums, in my opinion the definitive Beatles compilation still doesn't exist. I know it's impossible to make a collection that will satisfy everybody, but they should do something between the overlong Red and Blue Albums and the very incomplete 1. I would do two volumes from the same periods (1962-1966 and 1967-1970) but in two CDs instead of four, with 20 songs per CD.

All official British A-side singles should be included plus some essential B-sides and album tracks. Trying to be objective and not selecting just favourite songs of mine, these would be my "Red" and "Blue" albums (and I don't care about completing the running time of the CDs, I'm just thinking about doing both selective and complete compilations):

The Beatles 1962-1966

1. Love Me Do
2. Please Please Me
3. From Me To You
4. She Loves You
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand
6. Can't Buy Me Love
7. A Hard Day's Night
8. I Feel Fine
9. Ticket To Ride
10. Yesterday
11. Help!
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Day Tripper
14. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
15. Nowhere Man
16. Michelle
17. In My Life
18. Paperback Writer
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Yellow Submarine

The Beatles 1967-1970

1. Strawberry Fields Forever
2. Penny Lane
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. With A Little Help From My Friends
5. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
6. All You Need Is Love
7. I Am The Walrus
8. Hello, Goodbye
9. Magical Mystery Tour
10. Lady Madonna
11. Hey Jude
12. Revolution
13. Back In The U.S.S.R.
14. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
15. Get Back
16. The Ballad Of John And Yoko
17. Here Comes The Sun
18. Come Together
19. Something
20. Let It Be

You may have noted that I didn't include "A Day In The Life", that's because I think it's one of those songs that don't belong to any compilation (despite the fact that it was included in the Blue Album), since with its long final chord it's just the perfect album closer for Sgt. Pepper's.

I even designed new album covers for my compilations:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:20:49 AM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

nimrod

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »

why would anyone buy a compilation album ?

ok I suppose you have to bye 1 to get the singles  ;D

but those red and blue ones are gash..

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

The Beatles 1962-1966

1. Love Me Do
2. Please Please Me
3. From Me To You
4. She Loves You
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand
6. Can't Buy Me Love
7. A Hard Day's Night
8. I Feel Fine
9. Ticket To Ride
10. Yesterday
11. Help!
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Day Tripper
14. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
15. Nowhere Man
16. Michelle
17. In My Life
18. Paperback Writer
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Yellow Submarine

How come there are 4 non-single tracks from Rubber Soul and only two tracks from Revolver which you would have to include anyway because they were on a British double A side single?

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »

why would anyone buy a compilation album ?

ok I suppose you have to bye 1 to get the singles  ;D

but those red and blue ones are gash..

Yes, I agree. I guess we are talking about records for those who are only casual fans.

I still think it's fun summarizing the whole Beatles career in a couple of records. I just think that they still hadn't done it right.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:35:17 PM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »

How come there are 4 non-single tracks from Rubber Soul and only two tracks from Revolver which you would have to include anyway because they were on a British double A side single?

Those are the same two songs from Revolver that were included in the original Red Album. I've just made a more selective collection, with only 2 or 3 songs per album; Rubber Soul is the only exception with 4 songs, and it originally had 6 songs in the Red Album.

nimrod

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »

Wow !!

looking at those 2 pics you put up hombre, Im amazed how much weight John lost, was the 1st one his 'fat elvis' period ? ha2ha

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 01:26:59 AM »

Wow !!

looking at those 2 pics you put up hombre, Im amazed how much weight John lost, was the 1st one his 'fat elvis' period ? ha2ha

Yeah, that's true! :D

I chose those photos representing each period. 1962-1966: The Beatles outside (when they performed live); 1967-1970: The Beatles inside (when they worked more in the studio).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:29:18 AM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 82 queries.