Beatles forums > Songs

Songs under a microscope.......Baby Your A Rich Man

<< < (7/8) > >>

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Ovi on November 04, 2012, 04:09:15 PM ---Never been a fan of that clavioline playing. Kinda annoys me, actually.

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean, maybe some slurry cello's wouldve been better ala Strawberry Fields/Walrus..

anyway were stuck with it, it does give it a middle eastern feel, or Moroccan, or something....:D

Hello Goodbye:
I like the clavioline.  We can look at it as John's salute to the first British band to have a number 1 hit in the United States...

Telstar - The Tornados
Telstar   The Tornados   1962

nimrod:
thats true Barry ;)

oldbrownshoe:
I've got a special place in my heart for 'Baby You're A Rich Man' because it was the last Beatles song I got to hear.

The June 1983 issue of 'The Beatles Book' (much missed) had a readers poll of favourite songs ('Hey Jude' was number one), right down to the two or three at the bottom that didn't get any votes!
I got on vinyl all the entries until I only had one left (at 71 on the list if memory serves) and, unwilling to get the 'MMT' LP as I obviously had all the other songs on it, I waited ages until finally seeing 'All You Need Is Love' in its orange picture sleeve in W.H. Smith in Ilford with, of course, 'BYARM' on the B-side.
For the wait alone, it was for years my favourite Beatles song!

Bizarrely, and for no artistic reasons I can think of, it has been succeeded in my affections by 'Ask Me Why'.

Klang:

I like it a lot. Another example of how they were making completely new kinds of music at that time. What else was anything like it? Amazing.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version