Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Just Silly!  (Read 91811 times)

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
Re: Just Silly!
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

Write in C ("Let it Be")
-------------------
When I find my code in tons of trouble,
Friends and colleagues come to me,
Speaking words of wisdom:
"Write in C."

As the deadline fast approaches,
And bugs are all that I can see,
Somewhere, someone whispers:
"Write in C."

Write in C, Write in C,
Write in C, oh, Write in C.
LOGO's dead and buried,
Write in C.

I used to write a lot of FORTRAN,
For science it worked flawlessly.
Try using it for graphics!
Write in C.

If you've just spent nearly 30 hours,
Debugging some assembly,
Soon you will be glad to
Write in C.

Write in C, Write in C,
Write in C, yeah, Write in C.
BASIC's not the answer.
Write in C.

Write in C, Write in C
Write in C, oh, Write in C.
Pascal won't quite cut it.
Write in C.

Oh wow. Some people just don't have lives.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2008, 01:00:58 AM »

No offense to anyone on here...........but thought this was tooooooo funny NOT to post......

eppylover

• One And One Is Two
  • Induct Brian Epstein into the Rock Hall of Fame!
    • Christine's Facebook
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2008, 02:28:43 AM »

Quote from: 1255
[size=9]tooooooo funny NOT to post......[/size]

And just WHERE did you find this comic, missy???  :P

Heh heh ~ I almost scanned the color one from our newspaper instead, but didn't take the time, and just used what I found on the BC website.
HE WAS MUCH MORE THAN MERELY THEIR MANAGER.
HE WAS...
The Fifth Beatle!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2008, 04:45:55 AM »

Well...............hello my fellow "eppylover"!!!!  I knew you were a member of this site.........but that was tooooo funny what you posted and I just had to post it here.  Please, you don't mind???  Jeff and I are always doing the "Oy".....thing to each other.  Love ya girlfriend!!!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2008, 04:49:39 AM »

Oh...............and I have some really "silly" stuff to post tomorrow.  My aunt in North Carolina emailed me a ton of stuff that goes along to the theme............."why you should have a cell phone camera"...........too funny.............

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »

From an email:  ;D

Bigfoot Press Conference Yields Little Evidence, Lots of Scorn
Enthusiast says he wants to make as much money as possible from alleged Sasquatch find, skeptics are hardly convinced

By Erik Vance
PALO ALTO, CALIF.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »

^^^^^^Looks like a Halloween costume.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

This is what you get for internet surfing:  ;D

'It Was 40 Years Ago Today'
Washington Post
August 23

One of these names is not like the others: John, Paul, George, Ringo, Bo.

But Bo Bice, the 2005 "American Idol" runner-up trying to build a Southern-rock career, is among the artists in various stages of professional disrepair now performing in "It Was 40 Years Ago Today," a barnstorming . . . um . . . tribute to the album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." The show hit Baltimore's Pier Six on Thursday, and comes to Wolf Trap tonight.

Half the Beatles aren't around to feel shamed by this troupe's existence. But Todd Rundgren, the most credible of the cast members by a far sight, had to be rolling over in his cot in the greenroom as Lou Gramm, the onetime lead throat of '70s hard-rockers Foreigner, butchered whatever immortal tune he took a shot at. During "Fixing a Hole," Gramm sang, "It really doesn't matter if I'm right I'm wrong," which along with being inaccurate (it's "if I'm wrong I'm right") and screwing up Lennon/McCartney's rhyming scheme and timing, was morally off: On nights like this, Lou, being right really does matter.

Gramm, alas, did remember lines such as "You're making me sing/For your sweet sweet thing," from his own "Hot Blooded," which for some reason he was allowed to also sing.

Rundgren's reverence for the Beatles runs deeply through his own music -- even if he did blast John Lennon as "a [blankin'] idiot" in a 1973 magazine interview. Of all the cast members (others include Denny Laine and Christopher Cross), Rundgren had the most fun, pounding out the opening power chords for the title track and putting a big foam flower on his head while singing "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds." Cross had his best moments hitting very high notes in a version of "She's Leaving Home" that sounded a lot like Radiohead.

Bice, to be fair, gave an adequate reading of "With a Little Help From My Friends." But were Simon Cowell to judge "It Was 40 Years Ago Today," he might point out that the Beatles and this album deserve better than adequate.

And, geez Louise, it was 41 years ago, anyway.

-- Dave McKenna

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/22/AR2008082202931.html

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »

Thought this was toooooo funny of "Dub-ya"..........

Bobber

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »

costume balls are for the dresser ups...bobber for president....

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2008, 01:17:12 PM »

Okay, man, this financial thing is getting serious:  ;D

Hugh Hefner to sack Playboy bunnies amid financial crisis
Playboy bunnies have become the latest victim of the credit crunch.

By Charlotte Bailey
Last Updated: 10:17AM BST 25 Sep 2008

Tycoon Hugh Hefner has been advised to cut back on staff at his multi-million dollar glamour empire as it struggles to cope during the global economic turmoil.

The 83-year-old has been told to lay off some of his staff at his Los Angeles and New York offices as soon as this month or go bankrupt.

The company has recently seen shares fall from &#163;6.20 to &#163;1.55.

An insider at the company told the Daily Star that bosses had been aware of the worsening situation for "a while".

"Only the top brass has known for a while how bad things have been for Hef recently."

Spokeswoman Elizabeth Austin would not confirm the sackings, saying: "It is our policy not to comment on corporate matters such as employee issues."

The news will be another blow to Hefner who recently discovered that two of his "bunnies" may have been cheating on him.

Holly Madison, who has previously been named as Hefner's "No.1" girlfriend, is alleged to have had an affair with magician Criss Angel and another bunny, Kendra Wilson, is reportedly dating football star Hank Baskett.

Playboy spokesman Rob Hillburger denied the rumours, saying: "The rumours that Holly left Hef for Criss Angel are not true. Holly and Kendra are all still living at the Mansion."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3077911/Hugh-Hefner-to-sack-Playboy-bunnies-amid-financial-crisis.html

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »

Wow even Heff is going broke!
<br />

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2008, 03:57:25 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS52Z8WbZsI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS52Z8WbZsI</a>

I flooded the Hello Goodbye stage.
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »

Nooo, not the bunnies! Anything but the bunnies!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2008, 08:16:38 AM »

'Millionaire' Contestant Makes Worst Use Of Lifelines Ever

Kathy Evans, the single dumbest contestant to ever get on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?'

NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.'

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst use of lifelines ever.'
After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was:
'Which of the following is the largest?'
A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) Hey, who you calling large
Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readi ly know the answer.
'Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. 'I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be.'
Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.
'Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!' exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a friend.'
Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.
'Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. 'Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun.'
Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.
'Come on Betsy, are you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it.'
To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
'I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience,' said Evans.
Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.
'Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. 'But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer.'
Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

This one is actually better!!!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »

My first reaction was - that's got to be a joke. But some people really are that stupid!

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:46 AM »

That's ...  Don't know what to say.
But are the questions really that easy in america ? There's a german version of the show ( called "Wer wird Million&#228;r"), and although the first questions are easy of course, they are not that obvious ...
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »

;D

Probably a bit of stage business concocted to generate publicity.

I think. (bigeyes1)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Page created in 0.817 seconds with 86 queries.