Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul Voted "Most Irritating Music Star"  (Read 4137 times)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Paul Voted "Most Irritating Music Star"
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »

It was one of those online survey things, so....  ;D

Sir Paul McCartney Tops Most Irritating List By U.K. Music Website

May 9, 2008 7:52 a.m. EST
Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer

London, England (CNS) - Beatles star Sir Paul McCartney is the most irritating music star of all time, according to an online poll by a U.K. music website.

Musicmagpie.com's viewers find the 65-year-old music icon to be the most annoying pop celebrity. He beats James Blunt and Lily Allen in the top.

The website's spokesperson Craig Dawson explains, "It's easy for musicians to get very irritating very quickly. Macca has driven people up the wall with his 'holier than thou' approach to his divorce, two-fingered peace gesture and penchant for wearing trainers with suits."

Even philanthropist Bono didn't escape the list. He lands at number 6 just below Amy Winehouse.

The top ten list of the most irritating music stars follows:

1) Paul McCartney 2) James Blunt 3) Lily Allen 4) Robbie Williams 5) Amy Winehouse 6) Bono 7) Sir Cliff Richard 8: Pete Doherty 9) Joss Stone 10) Craig David

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010899782

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Paul Voted "Most Irritating Music Star"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »

hmmmm.......Irritating poll, I say.

I can stay till it's time to go

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

macca dosen't irritate me, only when he makes foolish decisions like marrying heather mills or
writing the frog chorus,  ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »

he doesn't irritate me either. Just some things about him, but everyone has those things that annoy people.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »

think they get irritation confused with envy when they talk about Macca

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

These sorts of polls usually just measure who people have heard the most about lately. Early election polls are the same way, and equally unreliable. They're good for a rude laugh, and that's about it.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

Quote from: 1161
These sorts of polls usually just measure who people have heard the most about lately. Early election polls are the same way, and equally unreliable. They're good for a rude laugh, and that's about it.

Not wanting to come across like i give a hoot about these polls, but its poll's like these which that give him such a bed rep outside of Beatles fans, and its not just this year but seems to be a running thing every year that he gets voted in these most irratating or annoying polls.

And Surely people like Pete Burns,Pete Doherty, James Blunt are all more worthy of this title when the only real thing that i can see that is irritating is the V sign he always does.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »

exactly. People who don't know Paul "as well" as we do just read it and basically judge the pop star by his media coverage.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »

Paul gets a lot of this? Shows you what I know. Personally, I think you can dump on him for a few of the songs he's released, but not for his behavior: that's been fine, so far as I've heard.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

the stinkers of anyone's music career just makes their gems shine even more bright :)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »

Paul's all right with me; I've got a complete set of Wings and a half dozen or so of his other albums. Show me someone who's been making albums as long as he has who hasn't released a few duds.   :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »

Watch these polls change their tune when he's gone from us , these people make me vomit (barf4)

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »

they have no life and are jealous that people aren't sick of them ;D

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »

Quote from: 971
Watch these polls change their tune when he's gone from us , these people make me vomit (barf4)

i know, THEY irritate me! (angry)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »

Personally, I think you can dump on him for a few of the songs he's released, but not for his behavior: that's been fine, so far as I've heard.
Geoff, Geoff. *shakes head sadly* You are so out of step with the times. There is no logic behind an irritation poll. It is not necessarily based on behavior, and certainly not based on the person's actual work. One must look lower:

Site spokesman Craig Dawson says, "It's easy for musicians to get very irritating very quickly. MACca has driven people up the wall with his 'holier than thou' approach to his divorce, two-fingered peace gesture and penchant for wearing trainers with suits."

It's the shoes. Paul is THE most irritating pop star because of his choice of footwear. We all know that footwear is key. Look back through the "Worst Dressed" thread if you dare!

We know it isn't the peace sign because Ringo has been doing the peace sign for years and he didn't even make the top ten.

'holier than thou' approach to his divorce? I don't know what they mean by this-- perhaps the baptism by water, but I think that would apply to his attorney.

No, it's the shoes. Paul, you have crap taste in shoes, and the world is out to get you for it.

Life can be so unfair!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »

Quote from: 551
One must look lower: It's the shoes. Paul is THE most irritating pop star because of his choice of footwear. We all know that footwear is key.

(rolling3)

Touche. You'd think looking lower would come naturally to an old political guy like me, too. But what do you suppose Craig Dawson would have made of Paul's feet on the cover of Abbey Road?

brain dead_genius

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

This is gonna sound really bad but I think McCartney has gotten a bit annoying recently. I dont mean to offend any one who disagrees, it is just my opinion.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 08:01:13 PM »

Paul has been in the media for so long that maybe that's why he was voted? I mean sometimes the media just over does things especially when it comes to celebrities.  They would announce everytime one goes to the pooper if they could.  So, maybe it's not that Paul is irritating, it's more like the media is just announcing every little thing that he does, and since hes ben around for so many years, the people are just getting irritated and bothered about hearing about it?
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »

But what do you suppose Craig Dawson would have made of Paul's feet on the cover of Abbey Road?
The only thing more annoying than trainers with a suit is bare feet. Gad, how annoying!!!! *votes for Paul again*

brain dead_genius, you can't be alone in your opinion if Paul won this contest-- and won it over stiff competition, too. I mean, come on, Britney  Spears didn't even place. There has been a serious miscarriage of justice somewhere if Ms. Spears didn't even make it to the finalists.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »

Quote from: 551
The only thing more annoying than trainers with a suit is bare feet. Gad, how annoying!!!! *votes for Paul again*

No, the bare feet was a "clue" so you can't count that against him, hh.    ;)

I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 84 queries.