Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 3146 times)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: American Idol
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 01:11:12 AM »

someone did We Can Work It Out & forgot the lyrics! ??)
and they thought stevie wonder wrote it!!! ??) ??) ??) ??) ;D
Umbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »

All the DJ's were talking about this on the radio this morning. Basically saying how the songs are better than the performers and just them singing them made them seem more talented than they really are. But that none of them came close to doing them justice. It was horrible. I can't believe the judges liked most of the performances! Horrible. But it really does show the genius of these songs. I loved how they kept saying how great these songs are though. At least they realize that. The girl who sang Let It Be seemed like she was a huge Beatles fan. It made me like her better because she seems like she gets it.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 04:35:51 AM »

Quote from: 216

It's been a hard day's night for American Idol, but the show finally has a ticket to ride.

Wow. If any of the contestants sing as badly as Joal Ryan writes, we may have grounds for a class action law suit here.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 04:45:15 AM »

Quote from: 1161

Wow. If any of the contestants sing as badly as Joal Ryan writes, we may have grounds for a class action law suit here.

Please, these singers are so bad that if you compare talent Ryan would be considered for a Pulitzer. And apparently Beatles night was so popular that they canceled next week theme to do ANOTHER Beatles night! God help us. On tonight's episode they had a past contestant butcher Something. Not even George is safe. And they DARED to touch A Day in the Life! When will this madness stop!!??  :K)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 05:41:23 AM »

On tonight's episode they had a past contestant butcher Something. Not even George is safe. And they DARED to touch A Day in the Life! When will this madness stop!!??  :K)

Hmmm. The evidence must be on Youtube. I'm a little scared, but I think I'll go have a look anyway- with the speakers turned off.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 07:04:18 AM »

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:11 AM »

That was pretty terrible.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »

They had viewers call in yesterday to ask questions and a girl from England called in and asked Simon which country had the more talented sngers, America or England. Guess what he said on BEATLES night.

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »

Over 31 million people watched the show. We can only hope that more people will take an interest in The Beatles and the original music.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »

I didn't watch because I didn't want to see those losers butcher the classics.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 03:48:53 AM »

BTW, Simon's answer to the American/English question was Americans. Which I thought was really weird considering they were in the middle of a show with HUGE ratings because they're doing a bunch of songs written by two guys from ENGLAND!! He's insane.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:56 AM »

Okay, I know I keep harping on this, but tonight they actually were allowed to play real Beatle songs. They did the montage at the beginning and had their songs playing throughout. How'd that happen?? I thought it was next to impossible to use their actual stuff?? It was a great intro though. They just went on and on and on about how great they are, how big they are, how innovative and so on. How this is the first time they ever expanded on a theme by overwhelming demand and so on.So okay, that sucks me in. I can't help it. I love when they're acknowledged like that. I love that they were able to show actual clips of them WITH their actual music. I mean, I just think of all the people being exposed to them from this. It's kind of cool.

But, now the performances started and I want to turn down the volume. Eeesh.  ??) And someone's gonna do A Day in the Life tonight. I'm scared!!  ??)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:10 AM »

But, now the performances started and I want to turn down the volume. Eeesh.  ??) And someone's gonna do A Day in the Life tonight. I'm scared!!  ??)

Simon Cowell, maybe? ;)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »

Merged: March 20.

Did a search and did't come up with anything recent.

Does any one watch American Idol?  Last week they did Lennon/McCartney songs and this week it was Beatles.  Did any one watch? What was your opinion?
For me, I was really dissappointed by a majority of their performances.

Sorry if this Thread doesn't qualify to be on the board, I just figured since it pertained to the Beatles in a sense, that it is appropriate!
<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »

all this is an insult to the Beatles!!!! :o

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »

Quote from: 614
all this is an insult to the Beatles!!!! :o

And possibly actionable battery against the human eardrum.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 03:56:10 AM »

Beatles songs have been covered for over 40 years now. How is this insulting all of a sudden? It's stupid, but insulting? As long as they continue to coat it with: the greatest band ever, I'm good with it. I'll bet anything Beatles CD sales have gone up a bit. If they were available on iTunes, can you even imagine how through the roof this whole Idol thing would have put them? And btw, there's rumors of a possible Paul appearance later in the year. Get ready folks. Radio is dead. This is the way to get exposure.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:56 AM »

As long as people are being exposed to the Beatles; it is a good thing. Maybe some of the viewers will be inspired to go out and buy the real songs after hearing the Idols massacre them.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »

This is the first season that I'm watching (because of the Missus). Anyway, there were some OK renditions presented. If they have to do this show, at least they now have some great material to work with.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »

So Beatles fans may want to tune in tonight just in case. American Idol producers are boasting that tonight the "the biggest star in the world right now" will make an appearance. Do I have to tell you who everybody is guessing it will be? Anyway, seeing as how he was supposed to show up last year but apparently flaked out at the last minute because of Heather, I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know. Have a nice day.  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 83 queries.