Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do you like ABBA?  (Read 3609 times)

python

• A Beginning
Re: Do you like ABBA?
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 04:18:35 PM »

not particularly.sorry,nothing else to add really.
Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »

doesnt it make you ANGRY when people dismiss abba as lightweight bubblegum when any of those members has more talent in their little toe than the whole of a crappy tuneless singers about now! westlife?.some of their songs after 1979 were very moving and personal,with plenty of emotional depth.
ABBA are my 3rd fave act behind beatles and queen, and tied with fleetwood mac (in all incarnations). i own a complete studio recordings box set of abba that includes all their albums with bonus tracks,b-sides,foreign language versions, and i get angry when people say they were JUST a singles band. a lot of their LP stuff is good too! much better than amy wine-liver or any ovverated tripe. the last LP, the Visitors, is just wonderful, some of the songs (the tilte song, soldiers) are genuinley creepy!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:03 AM »

Quote from: 1588
doesnt it make you ANGRY when people dismiss abba as lightweight bubblegum when any of those members has more talent in their little toe than the whole of a crappy tuneless singers about now! westlife?.some of their songs after 1979 were very moving and personal,with plenty of emotional depth.

The day I start to spend my prescious (sp) minutes in contemplation of the music of either Abba or Westlife, let alone allowing it to arouse any kind of emotion, is the day I'll put a gun to my head.
But all the power to you. Grit those teeth.
don't follow leaders

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »

ABBA is perfect, but no Boys bands, please! No Westlife or Back Street Boys. All these to the bin!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »

Quote from: 1393
ABBA is perfect, but no Boys bands, please! No Westlife or Back Street Boys. All these to the bin!

Yeah - I hate boybands. Always the same story: some unsrupulous manager gets hold of a bunch of lads, manipulates their image (kicks out any that won't fit anymore), tells them what to do and what to say, gives each a seperate identifiable personality (the cute one, the serious one etc) and they end up with an endless string of pre-teen love-song hits played to thousands of screaming pant wetting girls. They really should shoot whoever came up with that bright idea.
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 47 queries.