Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MSN: Will the Beatles' kids form their own band?  (Read 4999 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
MSN: Will the Beatles' kids form their own band?
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »

I'm getting a little tired of MSN's and CNN's cutesy headlines and phrasing, but anyhoo....

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/03/11001369-here-come-the-sons-will-beatles-kids-form-own-band

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: MSN: Will the Beatles' kids form their own band?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »

Dhani has said it ain't gonna happen.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
James McCartney - The Sons Of The Beatles To Form Band ?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »

Contact Music
April 3, 2012
James McCartney - The Sons Of The Beatles To Form Band ?

The sons of The Beatles - James McCartney, Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Jason Starkey - are considering forming a band.
The sons of The Beatles are considering forming a band.James McCartney - son of Sir Paul, the legendary group's bassist - has discussed playing with the offspring of drummer Ringo Starr, singer and guitarist John Lennon and guitarist George Harrison in a band.When asked if they had considered such a move, James said: ''Yeah, a little bit.''He added: ''I'd be up for it. Sean [Lennon] seemed to be into it, Dhani [Harrison] seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it.''When it came to Ringo's eldest son, Zak Starkey - who has drummed for Oasis and The Who - James wasn't sure, but suggested his brother, Jason, who is also a drummer, could step in.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/the-sons-of-the-beatles-to-form-band_1313568
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
James McCartney: 'I'm Open to Beatles: The Next Generation'
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:50:32 AM »

James McCartney: 'I'm Open to Beatles: The Next Generation'

Paul's son wants to form band with children of John, George and Ringo

By Rolling Stone
April 3, 2012

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/james-mccartney-im-open-to-beatles-the-next-generation-20120403

Paul McCartney's son James has told the BBC  (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17547939) that he is interested in teaming up with the sons of his father's former bandmates to form The Beatles: The Next Generation. "I don't think it's something that Zak [Starkey] wants to do," says McCartney. "Maybe Jason [Starkey] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean [Lennon] seemed to be into it, Dhani [Harrison] seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it."

McCartney, 34, is furthering his solo career by performing soon at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, the old stomping grounds of his father's band. The rocker says he chose to play there because he wants to "just to embrace the Beatles legacy rather than running away from it."

McCartney has collaborated with his father in the past. Paul served as producer on his son's two EPs, and the younger McCartney played guitar on the elder's albums Flaming Pie and Driving Rain.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

Could be interesting

Casbah

• A Beginning
Beatle Kids to get together?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/beatles-sons-really-form-own-band-211511971.html

Would be interesting, I'd would like to hear the music they came up with.  Apparently Julian is p*ssed at Paul for not inviting him to Paul's wedding.  I find him a bit whiney, but a much better talent and singer than Sean, so I think this would be a better project with Julian than Sean.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Beatle Kids to get together?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

I'm not sure it would work at all - it's all a bit too manufactured, just because of who their dads are/were.

If there was any real desire among the various Beatle kids to get something like this together, I presume it would have happened a long time ago under its own steam. It shouldn't need the media pushing for it to happen just so they can get a quick story out of it and then criticize when it turns out to be not as good as The Beatles.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »

Well...it gets curioser.

Yesterday a thenewno2's Facebook posting said 'NEVER GONNA HAPPEN' - or something like that. Kind find that now. Removed?

Hmm...
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

7 of 13

• Getting Better
Re: Beatle Kids to get together?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »

I'm not sure it would work at all - it's all a bit too manufactured, just because of who their dads are/were.

If there was any real desire among the various Beatle kids to get something like this together, I presume it would have happened a long time ago under its own steam.
i agree, you make some good points. i guess with Zak Starkey he's the real thing, Dhani i'm not so sure about. don't get me wrong  James McCartney is a bit of an unknown or X factor for most people i think. but yeah that would just be faking it, IMHO to be sure it would take away from what the beatles represent today.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:32 AM »

I think it depends on how it would be done and how it would be presented.

If it were approached as something of a tribute to their parents then I believe many would accept it.

If they came up with good music then who could nay-say it?

Personally, I think it could be an interesting project, if only as a one-off.

I mean, why not, really?

:)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

Think of the comparisons to the Beatles; I wonder if the media (the American media, at least; I'm not too familiar with the tactics/style of other countries' entertainment journalists) would be kind or rip them apart?

If they do decide to go ahead, I agree with Klang: It would be best as simply a one-off. Just IMO.

Page created in 0.553 seconds with 65 queries.