Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Ukraine - Crimea  (Read 44723 times)

Bobber

Ukraine - Crimea
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »

So, what are your thoughts on this explosive situation? Especially curious how the Russians on the forum think about this.

Bobber

Re: Ukraine - Crimea
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »

I see.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »

Sorry Bobber. I can only view this through the prism of the Beatles.

The Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind.

Perhaps more prescient than anyone could guess.

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »

I think what Russia are doing is perfectly understandable given the way the old president was ousted.

It's almost like a communist movement in Canada overthrowing their premier and saying that they would be seeking closer ties with other communist nations.

Would America just sit there and go....ok no problem. Go ahead. ?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »

It was coup d'etat. And now there is a huge information warfare.

In two words, East of Ukraine is mostly Russian. Crimea is 60% Russian, and Sevastopol is 80% Russian city. It is hardly to hear there Ukranian. Read history of Crimea, it is very interesting, and you will anderstand that this peninsula was never Ukranian.

My wife is from Donetsk. It is East of Ukraine. Though she is now a citizen of Russia, her parents and brother's family are Ukrainians. They are as most of the people in the East of Ukraine speak Russian and don't speak Ukrainian. The East of Ukraine is tightly connected with Russia by family ties, by work and business, by language. My father in law, for example, is Russian; he is from Rostov-on-Done, but he is a citizen of Ukraine. All my Ukrainian relatives support Russia, because they are afraid of nationalists and now in Ukraine bandits in power.

I can write a lot about it. And I'll do it, maybe, tomorrow  :)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »

I don't stop to wonder how bandits who seized power in Kiev and West of Urkaine can write laws and command Ukraine. Nonsense.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 01:05:52 AM »

Here in the US, we're getting the spin on this our administration wants us to hear.  But my grandparents immigrated here from the Ukraine so I know the history.  I think Dmitry has nailed it and I'm looking forward to his further reports.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »

Yesterday in Donetsk, EuroMaidans were brought to knees and were sent home in a paddy:
Евромайдановцев в Донецке поставили на колени и отправили домой в автозаках. 05.05.2014

Locals against EuroMaidans. EuroMaidans are people who stood against Ukraine government, who are promoting the idea that Ukraine must be a part of Europe, they are West Ukranians. Locals are Russian speaking people who live in East Ukraine, the majority of East part of the country. On video you hear locals shout: "Police is with people!", "Guys, don't touch the police!", "Russia! Russia!", "Donbass! Donbass!", "Berkut! Berkut!", "Европу в жопу!" (sorry for this, my Europian friends, it's just what they shout). Locals support Berkut, special police, which stood against opposition in Kiev.

Very inreresting video where you can see people's mood in the east.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »

Ukraine was always been divided into two parts: East and West. East gravitates to Russia, West – to Europe. And in Parliament there were different political parties, including nationalist one, due to which Russian language in Ukraine was almost banned to use. So can you imagine this? You, and almost all in your town and in your region (80%) speak your language, write, watch movies in theaters, watch TV, listen to the radio, read papers, restaurant menus, signboards, documentation and documents, textbooks in schools and universities, all around you is on your own language, and one day all of this became in language you don’t know. Not in one day, of course, but in over a short period of time. It smells like genocide. Nationalism is only a one side of the colorful story.

All Ukrainians don’t like Yanukovich, who did many mistakes and let the situation get out of control. In 2013 people were peacefully protesting in Kiev against authority, but in 2014 others joined, including nationalists and bandits. And the riots began. I don’t know what all those people wanted but now some of them are disappointed with leaders who seized power in Kiev and West. As far as I know Europe had plans on Ukraine, but these plans were foiled. I’m sure it is all connected with each other. For example, one of the opposition leaders Klichko have ties with Germany.

To be continued...

Have you any questions? What your thoughts on what is happening nowadays in Ukraine? What your local media say about it?

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 10:39:44 PM »

In the West it's presented as the Russians not letting the Ukraine people decide on their future.

I think to avoid civil war maybe Ukraine should be divided into two countries : Crimea in the Russian Federation and West Ukraine in the European Union.

Do you think this is feasible?

nimrod

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:45 PM »

Apparently Putin is saying theyre not Russian troops   ??? 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:47 AM »

I think to avoid civil war maybe Ukraine should be divided into two countries : Crimea in the Russian Federation and West Ukraine in the European Union.

That would be a very good solution.

Do you think this is feasible?

A good question for Dmitry to answer.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »

Ukraine people are half Ukranians half Russians. They all are citizens of Ukraine and many of them just can't stand each other. I think too that Ukraine should be divided into two countries. They could live together but it seems they don't want it. Recently most people of Crimea said they do not want to be a part of Urkaine.

This map shows using of languages:

Dark green - Russian, Yellow - Ukranian, Light green - equally. So if separation is possible, it isn't only Crimea not to be a part of Ukraine.

As about russian troops in Crimea. Yes, Putin is saying there is no troops. Some people is saying there is troops. I do not believe anyone because I do not see any evidences. There are military bases in Crimea, and there is an agreement with Ukraine that there could be no more than 25000 Russian troops in Crimea. I think there are some troops within bases. Some people say that Russians blocked airports and Urkanian's military parts. But why it is Russians? They do not have any decorations on their uniforms. Two days ago my wife called her friend in Yalta, Crimea. He said that there are Russian troops. But how did he know that these troops are Russians I don't know. Did he saw their passports or any identification marks? In Crimea there are people's squad who are for Russians, maybe they are "russian troops". I don't know.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »

Nice show. Have you seen it?
The Alex Jones Show - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 (Full Show): Lyndon Larouche, Joseph Farah

The Alex Jones Show - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 (Full Show): Lyndon Larouche, Joseph Farah

You may be interested in what Lyndon Larouche said about a week ago (1h 9m).

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »

I tend to respect the idea that national borders are inviolable.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »

Crimea is currently Ukrainian ground. Russian army should not interfere in there.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »

Agree, Cor. I don't think that Russian army or any other should interfere.
But is there, in Crimea, Russian army? That is the question.

By the way, I don't think also that NATO army should interfere too. You know that NATO is a military alliance of almost 30 countries, and NATO interfered in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Libya and Irak. I just wonder why America and Europe leaders talk now that Russia is misbehaving. Hypocrisy.

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »

I have no doubt that the Russian army is present in Crimea. Independent sources confirm this.
Hypocrisy maybe. Though I think that it was not the NATO but the UN interfering in Bosnia a.o.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »

No one persuaded me yet that Russian army is in Crimea. I really wish someone could. My wife resents the fact that I do not believe that Russian army is in Crimea. But I can't agree or disagree, I just don't know.

In global way what's happening now? It is an opposition between NATO and Russia. Russia just can't let NATO to have an influence in Ukraine, to have military installations there. Russia is already almost surrounded.

News: A press conference of Ukraine president Yanukovich just finished in Roston-on-Don, Russia. He is a legitimate president still, but America and Europe say that fact that some people captured the power and kicked away the president is OK.

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »

You won't know for sure until you go there yourself and go and count the amounts of Russians troops in Crimea. But then, if that is the way you think, you won't believe that The Beatles existed, only because you didn't see them yourself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 78 queries.