Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I Won't Back Down  (Read 3789 times)

Marvin

• A Beginning
I Won't Back Down
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »

I saw this video of the Travelling Wilburys performing Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down but there seem to be 2 Beatles in it along with George unless I'm mistaken Ringo appears to be Drumming

i wont back down travelling wilbury's

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: I Won't Back Down
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:36:55 AM »

The music video, directed by David Leland, was shot on March 22 and 23, 1989 on a sound stage at Pinewood Studios and released on April 24, 1989. At the session George Harrison sang and played the guitar.Drumming was performed by Phil Jones.

And this not a Beatles Song

Marvin

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

I know it's not a Beatles song but there are two Beatles performing the song. I just thought it may interest some. Sorry if it's in the wrong place but it was a long day for me yesterday.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »

on: Today at 02:01:54 ยป

YESTERDAY ;sorry

Bob Marley - One Love (MUSIC VIDEO)

here Paul was 3 times to see on this Video but he not work with Marley on the Song.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:25:30 AM by Badgirl66 »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »

Ringo appeared in the video, but Phil Jones played the skins on the actual recording. Cool video regardless. I havent seen it in awhile. Thanks Marvin.

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »

Thanks for posting that Marvin. I've never seen it before. Neat camera angles and Ringo makes me laugh.  :)

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »

Great song - one of Tom Petty's best. I hadn't seen that video before, and I just learned from Wikipedia that George plays on the album.

I love the fact that they use George's "Rocky" guitar for some of the shots of the solo - especially fitting because the slide solo sounds like one of George's anyway!

Interesting that George and Ringo aren't seen together in close-up in the video.
I wonder if they did actually do the video together or if their parts were recorded separately and then just stuck together with the same sort of technology that made it possible for Paul to be his own backing band on the Coming Up video.

Or maybe not. I just had a look for any photos of them together from the shoot and found this one, so it does suggest they were there together (unless the photo has also been doctored) ...

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »

Peter beat me to noting that Rocky is in the video as well.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 06:59:45 PM »

Great song - one of Tom Petty's best. I hadn't seen that video before, and I just learned from Wikipedia that George plays on the album.

I love the fact that they use George's "Rocky" guitar for some of the shots of the solo - especially fitting because the slide solo sounds like one of George's anyway!

Interesting that George and Ringo aren't seen together in close-up in the video.
I wonder if they did actually do the video together or if their parts were recorded separately and then just stuck together with the same sort of technology that made it possible for Paul to be his own backing band on the Coming Up video.

Or maybe not. I just had a look for any photos of them together from the shoot and found this one, so it does suggest they were there together (unless the photo has also been doctored) ...

Looking at the photo again, it does actually look like George and Jeff Lynne have been pasted into the photo next to the group of Ringo, Tom and the guitarist from The Heartbreakers.
So I would say that the five of them weren't together to make the video.

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 58 queries.