Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Smile Beatles fans: You're on the Abbey Road webcam  (Read 3327 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Smile Beatles fans: You're on the Abbey Road webcam
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »

Seattlepi.com
May 26,2011
Smile Beatles fans: You're on the Abbey Road webcam

It might be the most famous crosswalk in music history, thanks to the Beatles' iconic 1969 "Abbey Road" album cover.
London drivers probably wish it wasn't so famous. Every day, they put up with Beatles fans and tourists who flock to the "zebra crossing" outside Abbey Road Studios and try to imitate the memorable photo of John, Ringo, Paul and George crossing the street.

http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/article/Smile-Beatles-fans-You-re-on-the-Abbey-Road-1397283.php
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

KelMar

Re: Smile Beatles fans: You're on the Abbey Road webcam
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:16:30 PM »

I was watching this thing one night and these four girls kept going back and forth, back and forth. It was funny to watch becuase sometimes they ran or skipped or danced. Wonder if they had any idea they were being watched?

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »

That is soo cool all these people don't even notice though well it's allmost midnight there this guys texting And they're driveing in they're cool cars!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »

My favourite part of the webcam is when drivers get p*ssed off at tourists trying to take pictures.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

My favourite part of the webcam is when drivers get p*ssed off at tourists trying to take pictures.

I know! I'll bet a lot of those drivers wish The Beatles would have gone with their first idea; calling the album Everest and doing the cover shoot in the Himalayas! It just wouldn't have been as cool though.

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »

I know! I'll bet a lot of those drivers wish The Beatles would have gone with their first idea; calling the album Everest and doing the cover shoot in the Himalayas! It just wouldn't have been as cool though.

LOL XD didn't they do help in the cold?

KelMar

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »

LOL XD didn't they do help in the cold?

Yeah, that was the Austrian Alps. But they also got a chance to go to the Bahamas first.

"The scenes set in the Bahamas and the Alps were written expressly to satisfy the Beatles' demands for both a sunny, tropical locale and a skiing holiday, respectively. Another reason for filming in the Bahamas was the tax-breaks it offered, and Cavalcade Productions was formed there to receive the Beatles' appearance fees."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059260/trivia

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 49 queries.