Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 37022 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2024, 08:05:18 AM »

Not for nerds like me.  ;)  I'm getting settled in in front of the Twilight Zone marathon.

See you all next year. Hope everyone has, or had, a fun celebration.

My definition of party is pretty broad….  In my case it certainly didn’t involve lots of people and silly hats.

In My Life

• A Beginning
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2024, 06:21:56 PM »

Happy New Year, friends.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2024, 10:42:34 PM »

Happy New Year!

Admittedly this is one of my least favorite holidays.  Always found it a bit arbitrary, you know, the randomness of the calendar and all.

But...after the year we had as a family in 2023, happy to push it out behind us...

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2024, 12:06:07 AM »

Happy New Year!

Admittedly this is one of my least favorite holidays.  Always found it a bit arbitrary, you know, the randomness of the calendar and all.

But...after the year we had as a family in 2023, happy to push it out behind us...

I agree with you on both counts, blmeanie. I've never been a big fan of NYE. And 2023 was my worst year since 2019, which is really saying something. I was very happy to see it go and can only hope that 2024 will be an improvement.

I hope all is going OK with your wife and family.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2024, 10:54:06 AM »

We spent NYE with my younger son & his wife at our place. We all got a bit tipsy drinking Pimms of all things :)
From our balcony we have a birds eye view of the fireworks which were spectacular.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2024, 11:25:08 AM »

I agree with you on both counts, blmeanie. I've never been a big fan of NYE. And 2023 was my worst year since 2019, which is really saying something. I was very happy to see it go and can only hope that 2024 will be an improvement.

I hope all is going OK with your wife and family.

Thanks, she had an MRI yesterday, Thursday we discuss with her oncologist. The tumor won't be gone, we know that, hoping the radiation knocked it back at least.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2024, 07:30:44 PM »

Thanks, she had an MRI yesterday, Thursday we discuss with her oncologist. The tumor won't be gone, we know that, hoping the radiation knocked it back at least.

I'm hoping you'll get some good news, blmeanie.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2024, 09:56:14 PM »

I'm hoping you'll get some good news, blmeanie.

Me too Meanie.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2024, 04:59:40 PM »

Happy New Year Everyone

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2024, 09:20:15 PM »

Best of luck with the results BLM.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2024, 01:46:00 AM »

thanks for all the good wishes for today's appointment.

Was a good visit, told the radiation she went through for 5 days per week for 6 weeks in Oct/Nov killed/shrunk some more of the tumor.  The MRI she had Tuesday, we reviewed a three way split screen of an MRI from pre-surgery in May, post surgery in Sept and from this week. 

The tumor was greatly reduced in surgery, that was easy to see.  Then the further reduction, we were told, was a good sign from the radiation.

The radiation, even though her last treatment was over a month ago, is still "working" and we were told it will reduce the size a bit more.

On to chemo, which is in a pill form, 5 consecutive days then balance of month off, then 5 days, repeat for 6 months.

I asked what the long term outlook might be, open ended question of more radiation etc.?

She answered that the type of tumor/cancer is is such a slow moving/growing and rare cancer and the treatments are changing rapidly - that the outlook is good, new different treatments are rapidly becoming available.

She also was optimistic that unlike in April when Laura had the seizure, the tumor, if/when it starts growing again, will not go unnoticed and get to that point again.

All in all, good news, we have a fantastic oncologist that is straight forward and optimistic.

Again - thanks for thoughts, kind wishes etc.  It surprised me how they affect me.  It is appreciated.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2024, 02:11:08 AM »

Excellent news mate.  icon_good
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2024, 02:15:39 AM »

Thanks for the update, blmeanie; I'm so glad the prognosis is positive.  :)  That's great that you and your wife are dealing with a good oncologist, too. I bet that makes a big difference. I'll continue sending positive wishes your way.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2024, 04:12:31 AM »

In the last few years great strides have been made in the management of malignancies, blmeanie.  Your wife's oncology team is knowledgeable and very caring.  I'm happy to learn of the progress she has made so early in her treatment.

Your family now has reason to celebrate the New Year.  Please add my good wishes to those of your family and friends.
I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 64 queries.