Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 25th Anniversary  (Read 4419 times)

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
25th Anniversary
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:33:27 AM »

Just wondering if any of you in the NYC area are going to Strawberry Fields/Dakota tomorrow? I didn't see a thread about this, which surprised me. Last year there was one. I live in New York, so I will hopefully be making the trek up there for some good music, and to honor a great man and a great artist. So, anyone else doing the same?

raxo

• Sun King
Re: 25th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:51:47 PM »

I'd do if I could,... but I'm in Europe...  :-/
There are some members from NYC in these forums but I'm afraid your thread is too late. Hope I was wrong once again.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 06:27:19 PM »

yeah...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 06:31:46 PM »

I wanted to be in NYC this week, but the hotel rates out there are even more expensive than usual. Why does that picture have to be posted over and over again? It was 1968, they couldn't have predicted what was going to happen. It has nothing to do with his assassination, but I guess has shock value for some.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 06:32:41 PM »

yeah, especially first timers

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 06:37:56 PM »

On Sunday, July 28th 1968, in the midst of recording sessions for the White Album, The Beatles decided to spend a Mad Day Out being photographed at seemingly random locations all over London.
Quote from: raxo
Sure three of them regreted taking this photo

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 06:38:42 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Why does that picture have to be posted over and over again? It was 1968, they couldn't have predicted what was going to happen. It has nothing to do with his assassination, but I guess has shock value for some.

My sentiments too. :) Sad day all the same.  :(
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 06:43:59 PM »

Obviously sad (all of us have eyes) but John played the dead role too many times in his lifetime, ... too many times... could that image (or other similars) have influenced on Mark David Chapman?

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 06:49:48 PM »

...could that image (or other similars) have influenced on Mark David Chapman?

Don't you think that's nonsense?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 06:57:38 PM »

Why did he kill John and not Paul? Paul was more famous at late 70s (if, as he said, he wanted to get his fame not to kill the man, Paul's was bigger) while John was at home.

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 06:58:53 PM »

Well, if you really wanna know why he killed John... There's a lot about the mind of MDC on the net...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 07:10:19 PM »

I know about the net.
I'm not saying that it was so but I don't think it's nonsense but a reasonable alternative reason. It's not my theory but you asked me and I'm answering.

I think that is quite possible that

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 07:31:43 PM »

Too many riddles there. What If's, spooky connections etc. It offers no comfort.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 08:45:05 PM »

Too many? How many?
The base of almost everything, begining with sciences and progress and ending with ourselves, ...
Certainly Life is not comfortable,... agree.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 08:56:17 PM »

Raxo, would you kindly delete the picture. It's bad enough to have to look at it period, but of all days to post it, its just not in good taste. I'm not telling you what to do, but ask it as a favor. Thanks. -D-

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 09:37:33 PM »

Done, of course.  ;)
I'd like to say that precisely today is the day that TV channels and papers use to remember us that cruelty and some recreations are less funny than that photo,... ... ... at least in Europe.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 10:00:16 PM »

Too many? How many?
The base of almost everything, begining with sciences and progress and ending with ourselves, ...
Certainly Life is not comfortable,... agree.

I am in no way trying to belittle your point. I think you may have mis-understood mine. I know very well about life not being to comfortable..That's why I choose to make it as comfortable as possible...Personally speaking I am indifferent to the photo. I wouldn't go looking to see it I mean.

Man can find connections in anything they choose to. For me, looking into the circumstances or pondering his 'premonitions', the speculation, the CIA/FBI plots etc, etc is something I have been through with The Beatles and now I no longer feel the need to I suppose. It's not going to bring him back.

Just a tragic mess....the world is full of it.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 10:04:13 PM »

No worries,... my fault.
I suppose I should have answered to Bobber with a "Yes, Too Nonsense" or no answer at all and I wouldn't cause all this. (It reminds me the "bigger than Jesus" thing).
It's a very sad day for all the world and I didn't think about most sensible people.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 10:09:51 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
[...]
Man can find connections in anything they choose to. For me, looking into the circumstances or pondering his 'premonitions', the speculation, the CIA/FBI plots etc, etc is something I have been through with The Beatles and now I no longer feel the need to I suppose. It's not going to bring him back.

Just a tragic mess....the world is full of it.

It was not my purpose to ... or ... I just posted a well-known photo and write: "sure three of them regreted taking this photo" but then people began to ask and tell things ... the same as I did. (the "bigger than Jesus" thing came to my mind again, this time with the "Macca's LSD thing"... I'm paranoid)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 11:00:26 PM »

I never sort of connect John's death with John, if that makes sense.
The Photo of John lying down, and the others behind, to me, is a typical Beatles shot. It's innocent, fun and just another photoshoot.
I think if I constantly thought of his tragic death, then - it would be pointless and also rather depressing - a shadow looming over his legacy. I wish to god it never happened, I always think - what if this and that - but it goes nowhere. I realise this now.

I'm annoyed at how they 'celebrate' his passing with one documentary focusing on Mark Chapman. I mean, it makes more sense to celebrate his life. Well, that's my take anyway. It sounds cheesey, but I think that's what he would of wanted.

Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 77 queries.