Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Uni student needing help!  (Read 2597 times)

Uni student needing help!
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:14:45 PM »

Hello all you Beatles fans out there!

My name is Jen and I am currently a third year student studying media and radio production at University College Chester! As some of you may know third year means DISSERTATION and I am doing mine on the popularity of male bands through the years and need some research doing on certain fans of certain bands. As Ive been brought up on The Beatles and love their music I thought I could ask people on here a few questions about why they are a fan of the Beatles! If anyone could answer the follwing few questions I would be so greatful!

1. How did you become a fan of The Beatles?

2. How long have you been a fan of The Beatles?

3. If you were a fan during their career, what, if anything, is the most outrageous thing you have done to try and contact or see the band?

4. Why do you like The Beatles?

5. What age bracket do you come under?

And finally, any fan memories either from the past or present would be great!

Thanks guys! Jen x :)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
Re: Uni student needing help!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »

Sounds like a great degree.
Ok, Ill try and help.

1. Few years ago, I heard the No1 compilation, and it really just clicked. I think its because as a child, I must have heard the songs, and thus could connect with them, in some abstract sense. After that, I just expanded into their albums, and read some books etc.

2. hmm, about 4 years, and the respect is increasing, as am learning to play bass :)

3. I dont really know. Hope that isn't a flat answer, but I really couldn't picture myself in the 60's, as my whole mindset and behaviour would have been totaly different. I dont think I would of classed myself as a screaming fan, more a music admirer..so the walking across Lighting rigs etc..wouldn't be my sort of thing.

4. I relate to the Beatles so much, because if I was to make music, thats what I would try and aim at. Its the whole package, the Music, style, fashion, art and attitude...It seemed so 'right'
the music (frome early to late) just had a really defined feel..a beatles sound* ..  the characters, emotion and what they stood for... something that wont happen again..and Im glad, to a degree, because it was so special.

5. AT 18,  Im one of the generations afterwards, who found them through compilations and coffee stained CD albums.

2 years ago ( I think) I went to see Mccartney at Sheffield...greatest live show Ive ever seen!
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »

I liked their music that I knew from the radio so I bought a cd. I liked that so I wanted more and bought more cds. After a while I had them all.

I've always liked them. A real fan, I'd say the last 2 years.

3. If you were a fan during their career, what, if anything, is the most outrageous thing you have done to try and contact or see the band?
I'd drive a few hundred miles to see a show, that's pretty much the most outrageous thing I'd do.

Mostly because of the great songwriting.

Sorry, can't think of any.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 02:14:14 AM »

I saw the movie Birth of the Beatles

Since 1978 (thereabouts)

sadly, does not apply to me.

Nothing like them will ever happen again. It's not just the music, the hair, the clothes, the humor, the talent, it's THEM as people.

30s +

I saw Paul at Madison Square twice. The concerts were fantastic. I was afraid to go near the stage because I thought if he looked at me, I'd faint and I'd end up missing the concert.
We had to buy tickets off the street from scalpers cos there was no other way!
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Harrison

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 03:19:35 AM »

1. How did you become a fan of The Beatles?  I bought Abbey Road and loved it.

2. How long have you been a fan of The Beatles?  Less than a year

3. If you were a fan during their career, what, if anything, is the most outrageous thing you have done to try and contact or see the band?  I'm not sure

4. Why do you like The Beatles?  They write they're own music, they're good at their instruments, they changed the world of music, they're songs are still relevent today, they're the Beatles, what more do I have to say?

5. What age bracket do you come under?   I'm 14

Here comes the sun, doo doo doo doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 02:38:50 PM »

When I was 7 years old, my sister had the 62' to 66' double red album and Sgt. Peppers and I used to play those on the record player and stand in front of a mirror and pretend I was singing and playing the guitar to them. (I was 7, give me a break)

28 years

I was to young.

Well, you can almost name any genre of music and the chances are that the Beatles have covered it with at least one song or another. Theres a lot of diversity with their music. I also enjoy the mystique behind the band. When you follow them through their career, it seems that everything had a meaning or fell into place somehow.

I'm 35.

I was front row for a Ringo concert and I threw my hat onstage and he put it on for a few songs. I was also 7 rows back for a McCartney concert and that was pretty amazing.

Another great fan moment would be my joining the Moondogs community. We're more than just a chat forum. Its a family.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 03:23:09 PM »

1, i became a fan of the Beatles when i was a young boy and was given the single (got to get you into my life).

2, about 25 years.

3, unfortunately i was to young .

4, i like the Beatles because of what they did for music at that time, the songwriting is second to none, and also the same sort of reasons as mendips which for me he hit the nail on the head ( Nothing like them will ever happen again. It's not just the music, the hair, the clothes, the humor, the talent, it's THEM as people.)

5, 30+

6, not being able to attend the macca gig with Apple Beatle lol .

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »

1. I grew up listening to their music. My dad has all the vinyls from Rubber Soul Onward.

2. I've been a fan for about 27 years. (All of my life)

3. If I were a fan back in the heyday, I would try and get a backsage pass to see them.

4. I like the Beatles because of their songs and their influence on Rock and Roll.

5. I fall in the 20 to 30 year bracket.

My parents used to wake my sister and me up by playing "Here Comes the Sun" on the intercom system we had in the house. It's been one of my personal favorites since then.

Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 09:06:54 PM »

1. How did you become a fan of The Beatles? I heard Can't Buy Me Love on an episode of The Simpsons

2. How long have you been a fan of The Beatles? 2 or 3 years

3. If you were a fan during their career, what, if anything, is the most outrageous thing you have done to try and contact or see the band? I wasn't a fan back then

4. Why do you like The Beatles? Their music is amazing, and they're great people.

5. What age bracket do you come under? teenager
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 09:10:13 PM »

And how long you want to be the Beatles' fan, Mairi?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:02:17 AM »

thyne wol fie sed luztinlee

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 03:36:23 AM »

1. How did you become a fan of The Beatles? I went to an impersanator of the beatles, i got hooked

2. How long have you been a fan of The Beatles? since 2003

3. If you were a fan during their career, what, if anything, is the most outrageous thing you have done to try and contact or see the band?i wasnt alive then so.. But they did inspire me to start playing guitar,

4. Why do you like The Beatles? Their music is way above everyone elses they are the greatest songwriters ever, they have great personalities, you cant stop listening to them , they are like drugs but in a good way

tenager

Paul McCartney :)

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 07:08:40 AM »

My Sister takes the blame she showed me Yellow Submarine and played The Beatles album "The Early Beatles" she also talked in Ringo's voice from Yellow Submarine and bought me a Beatles popup book, The Red Album (1962- 1966)  and made me a fantasric rendition of The Beatles logo and I still own all 3 of those by the way.  I have toyed with the idea of buying a Beatles cd for my Neice or Nephew to let them experience the greatest music of all time but then my sister would probablly kill me.

After very, very extensive research I have settled at the age of 7 so I guess since I'm 26 then that would make it 19 years which is a very long and memorable time.

I was too young but I can't begin to think of what I would do to see Ringo live now, missing him pass through my city is now one of my biggest regrets.  But oh well I'll see him eventually.

To state it simply they are the greatest rock and roll band of all time, period.  Their music is timeless and they are still finding new fans today so it will never die as long as they have fans.  The variety, depth and emotion of the music are also fantastic and as already been stated nothing like The Beatles will ever happen again before or since then.  The Beatles are a phenomenon for all time and WILL NEVER DIE.

I'm 26

None unfortuanatlly as I have never seen them but being a fan and seing the tribute bands like Rain and Rubber Soul has been great.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 01:33:23 AM »

I grew up listening to them, because my parents are big fans, so I was used to hearing their music as a kid. I just became interested in hearing them, and after awhile I basically became addicted.

I liked them as a child, but I kind of forgot about them for awhile. I became a fan again in 4th grade, but forgot about them again. I finally came back about last May or June.

Unfortunately I was born looooong after the time of the beatles.
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 79 queries.