Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Within you, Without you...  (Read 4906 times)

Re: Within you, Without you...
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 03:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Lostio
I really despise this song. The ultimate George breakdown.

It really annoys me how this totally ruins the perfection of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album.

I always hated this song and would rate it an 0 if possible. Yet, I gave it a 1, which is more than it deserves.

Really, I get no pleasure at all while listening to this song. I simply can't get what is there of any good about this song.

Try to realise it's all within yourself no one else can make you change.

ewomack

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 07:02:15 PM »

George's experimentations with the Indian sound in 1966-1967 confused a lot of Beatles' fans. But they're pretty adventerous, innovative, gutsy, and new. Plus, they all have great melodies and orchestration.

I think I read that "Within Without You" is the one track on Sgt. Pepper that doesn't feature the other 3 Beatles (apparently they didn't want to learn sitar and tabla ;D). Though the song is a little flawed in places (it tries to mix the Indian raga - typically a VERY long song - with a European pop song) overall it succeeds very well with what it sets out to do. It's definitely not for everyone. And arguably it sounds a little out of place on Sgt. Pepper's. Still, it expands the breadth of the album.

What it also did was introduce Indian classical music to a whole generation of non-Indian people. It might also have inspired the nascent Bollywood (though this is pure speculation).

I love the strings and the lyrics (I'm not sure if the words were borrowed from classical texts in the same way as "Love You Too" or if George wrote them or both). I'd give it a 4.
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »

Quote from: lennonlegend
kyxhxgtrllvkli;ougjdgnidklfgmdsgkl;luvbgb;j;cv

I agree, and I would also like to add that awlghsejkdfheuic fjsdjrhe gfhry.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Yamisonic

• A Beginning
  • Love is all and love is everyone
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 04:08:28 PM »

Its okay. The end is horrible IMO

"Life is what happens while you are busy making plans" -- John Lennon
"Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnig

scousette

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

Quote from: Yamisonic
Its okay. The end is horrible IMO

You mean the laughter?

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 04:40:34 PM »

Quote from: ewomack
George's experimentations with the Indian sound in 1966-1967 confused a lot of Beatles' fans. But they're pretty adventerous, innovative, gutsy, and new. Plus, they all have great melodies and orchestration.

I think I read that "Within Without You" is the one track on Sgt. Pepper that doesn't feature the other 3 Beatles (apparently they didn't want to learn sitar and tabla ;D). Though the song is a little flawed in places (it tries to mix the Indian raga - typically a VERY long song - with a European pop song) overall it succeeds very well with what it sets out to do. It's definitely not for everyone. And arguably it sounds a little out of place on Sgt. Pepper's. Still, it expands the breadth of the album.

What it also did was introduce Indian classical music to a whole generation of non-Indian people. It might also have inspired the nascent Bollywood (though this is pure speculation).

I love the strings and the lyrics (I'm not sure if the words were borrowed from classical texts in the same way as "Love You Too" or if George wrote them or both). I'd give it a 4.

I think that The Inner Light was the only lyric adapted from classical texts.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 49 queries.