Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Who has the best singing voice?  (Read 11326 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Who has the best singing voice?
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:22:29 AM »

Which Beatle do you honestly think is the best singer? I think I would choose Paul. He has such a beautiful and flexible voice, and always has. He can sing songs like Blackbird and songs like Helter Skelter, he sounds so perfect. It's hard to choose, though! I love all of their voices!

-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

• A Beginning
Re: Who has the best singing voice?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:50:07 AM »

Stig.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »

Paul it's so varied , not much double tracking needed with his voice .
But i like all The Beatles voice's for different reasons , John's is dreamy ,George's is full of warmth and Ringo's is like mine ;D

DaveRam :)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »

Quote from: 788
Stig.
*high fives 834*

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »

mccartney by a long shot one the reasons i love the beatles is there 3 way harmonising and mccartneys ability to go from extremely low to crazy high in one line is fantastic, he can also change the tone of his voice from song to song and sometimes it sounds like another person especially on some of the splhcb tracks each track has a slightly different sounding tone in his voice, i think ringos is the weakest but what he does he does well he has natural low voice thats quite monotone, georges is decent and improved as they went on and he was always the comfortable middle pitch between mccartneys highs and lennons lows in 3 way harmonising, and lastly lennons is probably the most unique sounding and most recognisable with its raspiness but overall mccartneys is better imo

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »

I think 1962 through Pepper or so it was John - gentle when he sang softly, and as hard a rock voice as any when he "yelled".

After this I kind of think he lost his vocal cords ... some bad combination of too much tobacco, screaming, and age maybe. And then from then on it was Paul IMHO - the guy's voice is so flexible - excellence in every register.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »

Quote from: 758
lennons is probably the most unique sounding and most recognisable
That's why I voted for John. When his voice hits the groove, like it does on "A Day In the Life", it is absolutely irreproducible. Paul has lots of range, but that doesn't hit the spot for me. For "best" singing voice, I need that emotional connection. John managed that most easily for me in the group. In terms of how much I like to listen to each voice, just for its emotional qualities, I'd pick John George Paul Ringo. Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »

I think Paul has the best voice.   He can sing different kinds of songs from Yesterday to Helter Skelter, etc.  Athough I love John & George singing too.  Each one is unique in their own style.
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

I think Paul has 3 1/2 octaves, John 3, George 2 and Ringo 1. I'm not certain though.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »

I would go for Macca because he just does it without any s***
i also love John & George's voices, but it always annoys me when i listen to
the double-tracking that Lennon did on his voice or the echo he had on it.
This is why i love john's home demo's when his voice is clear.
George had a beautiful tone to his voice, i've realised this in recent times, just listen
to Stuck Inside A Cloud.
But i voted Paul as he kind sing alsorts like rock n roll, love songs or the whimsical songs! :)
and on his new album he kind of showcases all sides to his voice, Mr Bellamy (funny whimsical voice),
Only Mama Knows, Nod Your Head (rock n roll voice) or You Tell Me (the soft macca voice!)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:26:23 PM »

This is tough... singing just singing either Paul or John.... let me try to decide...George though, I love his singing voice... but just listening to them not seeing them just concentrating on music...

I have to go with Andy Smith and say, Paul is good because he never messed with his voice as John did, John just singing on demos like She's A Friend of Dorthy or even Real Love are amazing....but maybe Paul over all because he never did that he just sang...and it sounds good...

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 12:54:20 AM »

I'm going to go with Paul on that one... he's got such a beautiful voice, and his range is quite amazing. He can do something like Helter Skelter, then something like Here There and Everywhere. Oh yeah, Andy Smith, I absolutely agree with you about MAF:

Quote from: 614
and on his new album he kind of showcases all sides to his voice, Mr Bellamy (funny whimsical voice),
Only Mama Knows, Nod Your Head (rock n roll voice) or You Tell Me (the soft macca voice!)

But, having said that, I actually enjoy listening to all the Beatles' voices - each of them has its own "special" qualities that makes it enjoyable for me  :)

I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 01:12:20 AM »

Quote from: 610
I'm going to go with Paul on that one... he's got such a beautiful voice, and his range is quite amazing. He can do something like Helter Skelter, then something like Here There and Everywhere.

I agree with you Octie. But then, John has the best rock n roll singing voice (imho)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »

Quote from: 596
But then, John has the best rock n roll singing voice (imho)

Oh yes, he could tear a song apart at times. Rock n Roll Music, Twist & Shout,
etc! :) George developed his voice later on as he wasen't really that great singer
on his own at first. He worked perfectly with the harmonies though (this boy, yes it is).
i think he became more confident as a singer in the mid-6o's.
and i was listening to the demo version While My Guitar Gently Weeps a couple of days
ago on Anthology 3 & thought how beautifully he sang it! :) :)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »

Quote from: 614
i was listening to the demo version While My Guitar Gently Weeps a couple of days
ago on Anthology 3 & thought how beautifully he sang it! :) :)
George is absolutely moving when he sings from the heart. The version of WMGGW that you mention, Hear Me Lord, Who Can See It, That Is All-- argh, he just slays me!

George had a weird trajectory as a singer. If you listen to his early Beatles stuff, Live at the BBC era, he was just belting it out alongside Paul and John. As the Beatles got into their recording period (focus more on P&J compositions and less on live act), he actually seemed to lose confidence as a singer and pulled back. It took his spiritual awakening to help him find it again. I agree he grew steadily stronger as a solo act. He was really on for Cloud 9 and Brainwashed.

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »

Faul is the best.

kalidoscopeyes

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »

hmmm well, if i'd want one of them to sing me to sleep..it'd have to be Paul. But, on the other hand, recording voice, I like John's very much. :-)
<br />and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 11:50:02 PM »

There's no doubt: SIR PAUL. His vocal range is the best by far. He's really versatile about the kind of song, a beautiful love song like I Will, a vodevil Martha My Dear, a real metal Helter Skelter, he can sing anything he wants. Just realised that kick-ass rockers like Long Tall Sally (probably best vocal performance ever by a Beatle) and Kansas City were both recorded in just 1 take! ONE!  ;D
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »

Quote from: 713
Long Tall Sally (probably best vocal performance ever by a Beatle) and Kansas City were both recorded in just 1 take! ONE!  ;D

Yeah, no messing about! ;)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »

I think Paul has the greatest range, but I've always prefered John's voice. I like them all really, they suit their own songs. I mean, George would never have written a song like 'I'm Down' would he!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 94 queries.