Other forums > Current Affairs

Fourteen children, one adult killed by school shooter

(1/4) > >>

Normandie:
This makes me heartsick.  :'(  :'(  :'(

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-robb-elementary-school-active-shooter

And most of the commenters are dragging politics into it.

This is such an unhappy country.

Dmitry:
Poor children  :'(
Why is this happening? Too many crazy shooters? Once a year this happens somewhere in Russia, but I have hear about many shootings in the USA.

zipp:
Are guns as freely available in Russia as in the US?

A lot of these attacks seem to be aimed at US schools. Is there a specific US education problem here?

Dmitry:

--- Quote from: zipp on May 25, 2022, 08:08:19 AM ---Are guns as freely available in Russia as in the US?

--- End quote ---

No, they are not. A teenager can take a gun from his father who is a hunter or serves somewhere, for example, in the police, and who does not hide weapons well from children.

Normandie:

--- Quote from: zipp on May 25, 2022, 08:08:19 AM ---A lot of these attacks seem to be aimed at US schools. Is there a specific US education problem here?

--- End quote ---

I myself do not know. I've been wondering the same thing, that is, why so many shootings at schools?

My daughters, who attended public schools, used to have to partake in "active shooter" drills, which they and their peers found very stressful. One of the components was that in the case of an active shooter all classroom doors were to be immediately locked and nobody let in, which means that if a shooting starteed while a student was in the hallway (e.g., at a locker or on the way to the restroom or another class) they were SOL.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version