Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2 CDs I found -- fakes or rarities?  (Read 2021 times)

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
2 CDs I found -- fakes or rarities?
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »

Hi chaps,

I found 2 CD albums by The Beatles today in a second-hand music shop, although I didn't buy them so can't supply photos. I noticed something slightly odd on both of them.

Firstly, the font-type on the album-spine on both albums (With The Beatles and Beatles For Sale) differed from copies of the same albums in other music shops, where they were brand new (HMV, etc). Was an unusual font.

Also, in the booklet for With The Beatles there was a page introducing the band and their roles within; John's name appeared as 'Jhon'. No joke!

In the booklet for Beatles For Sale there was a page with really bad English, like someone had attempted translating it from another language. I know there's a page in this album booklet with strange Lennon-like word-play and I compared the booklet with a copy from a brand-new version in another store and they did differ, although only on a few words.

They did look like very professional fakes and I am only aware of one edition of each Beatles album being issued on CD. Were any of The Beatles' CD albums ever re-released? Do versions in foreign countries differ/match my description?

What's the deal then anyone? Fakes or rarities?

Cheers.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: 2 CDs I found -- fakes or rarities?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 07:44:14 PM »

Could be Russian fakes. Check the small print on the back. The Beatles catalogue has not been re-issued since 1987.

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »

What am I looking for within the small-print? Can anyone else shed any light on this?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Quote from: 4
What am I looking for within the small-print? Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Do a comparison with the official releases. Without any other information, there's nothing more we can help you with.

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 42 queries.