Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatle Books  (Read 8385 times)

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
Beatle Books
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:41:34 PM »

i was wondering which books u guys own or want. i have 4:

-the beatles: in their own words
-the love you make: the story of the beatles
-the beatles after the breakup
-anthology

i love all of them. right now im reading the love you make, it's sooo good. it's by peter brown and i 4get the other guy's name, but they did many interviews with the beatles themselves, yoko, cynthia, mimi, etc. it's very interesting. im not exactly sure of the authors of the other books, if u want me to look them up i can. i had a question though...in the love you make, it makes a reference that brian epstein had sex with john. is this true to any extent? the part i remember reading tells about john's trip to spain with brian, and then it says john and brian undressed, and johnsaid it's ok eppy. and then they laid down, brian wanted to hug him but he was afraid. and then it went on to say then he had his greatest fantasy which he thought would be the best thing ever, but he woke up the morning feeling the same. what does that mean? also, it made a reference that he was in love with john. just wondering if anyone had any insight on this. thanks :)
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Beatle Books
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 11:00:55 PM »

Right now I only have A Hard Day's Write, and scanty short Lennon bio, but I'm getting a ton of beatle books for Christmas. I saw my mom buying them.

And it's totally not true about John and Brian.. ew...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 11:06:10 PM »

I have over 90 from all world most on German is clearly...

http://people.freenet.de/actressworld/bob.html

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:59:51 PM »

That incident is also mentioned in the Albert Goldman book 'The Lives of John Lennon' but has been dis-credited by many critics. I shall look in the morning to see how many Beatle books I have. Probably about 8-12.
I have just moved them out of my mothers house and they are still in boxes,
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 01:37:38 AM »

don't u think if that really happened a bigger deal would be made of it? idk, it's just weird!
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 12:47:48 PM »

I think nobody knows for sure and that is how it will remain. Maybe John explored his sexuality a little...who knows? John definitely thought 'outside the box' as the saying goes. Dos'nt really bother me either way.

Not checked my boxes yet for books but I just found my Mojo 10 yrs That Shook The World compiled by Ted Smart. I have most of the Mojo magazines anyway but this book is great. Some great behind the scenes stories.
Can I include my music books on The Beatles too? Goat at least 5 there. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:58:33 PM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=books,m=1102977694,s=5 date=1103028468]I think nobody knows for sure and that is how it will remain. Maybe John explored his sexuality a little...who knows? John definitely thought 'outside the box' as the saying goes. Dos'nt really bother me either way.

Not checked my boxes yet for books but I just found my Mojo 10 yrs That Shook The World compiled by Ted Smart. I have most of the Mojo magazines anyway but this book is great. Some great behind the scenes stories.
Can I include my music books on The Beatles too? Goat at least 5 there. lol[/quote]

yeah, i agree. ur probably right.  ;D hahaha sure u can include them  :)
Ashley*

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 05:45:28 PM »

Shout!
Complete Chord Songbook
Complete Beatles Recoding Sessions

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 08:53:35 PM »

I have read The Beatles In Their Own Words & Anthology while I haven't read the other two yet but The BEatles 10 Years That Shook The World is GREAT for old fans & some young fans.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 11:57:48 AM »

i have loads of books on the Beatles.. once i sort out a camera ill take some pics of them ..

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 04:23:30 PM »

I also have a ton of Beatle books but I have to say my favorites are:

1. Shout - Philip Norman
2. The Beatles Forever - Nicholas Schaffner
3. The Beatles Recording Sessions - Mark Lewisohn
4. The Beatles After the Breakup 1970-2000 - Keith Badman
5. The Ballad of John & Yoko - Various Rolling Stone columnists

digna

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »

I have only one book of the beatles of Paul McCartney.
only Paul McCartney Now and Then (I haven't read it already...)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »

Personal faves would include Mark Lewisohn's Beatles' Recording Sessions and Chronicle; the Anthology; Ian MacDonald's Revolution In The Head; Philip Norman's Shout! and Lennon's interviews for Rolling Stone and Playboy. I'm probably forgetting more than I'm remembering, but it's the middle of the night here.  8)

digna

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

I have reserved anthology at the library. I hope it's the same as you all have. It's written by Alwin van Ee so I suspect it's another one (ore it's a translation...) there were more, but I've no idea when I have to read all ::) I still haven't finished Paul McCartney Now and Then.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 07:50:13 AM »

ive been trying to read the bob spitz book but i got stuck after a few pages. i ate it instead but it didnt taste too good.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

BlueMeanie

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »

Quote from: 748
ive been trying to read the bob spitz book but i got stuck after a few pages. i ate it instead but it didnt taste too good.

Now, I want you to think about this carefully before considering your answer. Is there anything you would consider NOT eating?

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 04:12:38 AM »

I really loved the Bob Spitz book. It did take me some time, I got tired of how in depth he went with Lennon's parents. But once I trudged though that part I loved the rest of it. Another one of my favorites is The Longest Cocktail Party. I loved how it was written. I have a ton of Beatles books, that's the only things my friends really get me as gifts cause they know its a good safe gift.
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:08 AM »

Quote from: 483

Now, I want you to think about this carefully before considering your answer. Is there anything you would consider NOT eating?

meanie, swine's like my dog, and my dog ate the wall, the swine will eat anything.
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »

Quote from: 1247
I really loved the Bob Spitz book. It did take me some time, I got tired of how in depth he went with Lennon's parents. But once I trudged though that part I loved the rest of it.

The only problem is that the book is full of errors. Ehm, haven't I said that before somewhere?  ;D

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »

I figured it was, I was just proud of myself for getting through it. Can you suggest a good book about their entire history that is more factual?
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 86 queries.