Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Free gallery exhibition of previously unseen Beatles photographs  (Read 3655 times)

Beatles Hidden Gallery

• One And One Is Two

On the 28th April, a gallery exhibition will open to the public at The Menier Gallery, London and will run until the 1st May.

This free access exhibition will be the first time that The Beatles Hidden Gallery photographs, by award winning photographer Paul Berriff, will be shown as a whole collection. These images have never been seen by the press or the public before, having been lying hidden in the photographers attic for over 45 years.

Paul Berriff himself will be in attendance for the duration of the exhibition, so if you go along to take a look, you may even get the chance to talk to him about his experiences of working with the Fab Four!

The 37 images will be released for sale as a limited edition run of 49 per picture at the outset of the exhibition.

You can visit The Beatles Hidden Gallery website for more information  :)

Beatles Hidden Gallery

• One And One Is Two
Re: Free gallery exhibition of previously unseen Beatles photographs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »

For those of you who can't make the physical exhibition, there are now preview images available to view through the members' area of the official website. More previews will follow; the entire collection will be live to view by the time of official launch, on the 28th April.

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »

Phew… another boring thread about that boring hyperhyped non-event. I just can’t wait for all that bullsh*t to be over  4ac
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:49:55 PM by AngeloMysterioso »
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

Beatles Hidden Gallery

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »

I'm not really sure why you need to be nasty about this! It's not a non-event is it? There's a gallery exhibition in London and they are genuinely rare photographs. There's a lot of genuine fans who are really excited about it and for good reason and there are a lot of high-profile people with links to The Beatles who will be attending the event launch.

Sorry if you think it's bullsh*t, not sure why you feel that way, but that's your prerogative I guess  :-\

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »

I registered on the Beatles Hidden Gallery website, I most likely won't have the money to purchase anything, BUT it's cool to be involved.
I get sneak peaks of the pics I think, but alas, they have watermarks on them.
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Beatles Hidden Gallery

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »

Thank you!  ;D It's great to hear something positive about the project!

Yeah, unfortunately they've had to be watermarked to deter copyright infringement. There is another preview release due next Monday, so you will be able to see the next part of the collection soon!

Thanks again for your comments, it's lovely to have you on board  ;)

Beatles Hidden Gallery

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »

The Beatles Hidden Gallery exhibition opens on Wednesday! Remember, admission is free and the photographer behind these amazing images of The Beatles will be there for the duration of the exhibition. Go take a look if you're within easy distance of London - they are incredible photos!

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:59:54 PM »

This Book comes out in November 2010

These behind-the-scenes, intimate, and unguarded shots have been unearthed after spending 45 years in a duffel bag of The Beatles and Rolling Stones' former tour manager, Bob Bonis. Bonis was the US tour manager for The Beatles' first tour in the States from 1964-1966. Hanging out on stage, backstage, at work, and at play with one of the most influential bands ever, Bonis took some 3,500 photographs at a critical point in the creative development of The Beatles. The photos show these legends in candid, intimate shots on stage, in rehearsal, in concert, backstage (tuning up, waiting to go on stage and clowning around), dressing and relaxing, on vacations or en route to shows or cities, getting haircuts, bowling, recording in the studio, at press events, and just hanging around being themselves. This collection captured a pivotal time in the bands' career. It offers a groundbreaking, amazingly candid look at some of the 20th century's biggest icons during their first moments on the world stage.
Über den Autor
Larry Marion is the owner and founder of the Not Fade Away Gallery in New York City.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Very good indeed!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 59 queries.