Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: George Harrison quote..  (Read 4154 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
George Harrison quote..
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:00:53 PM »

I don´t know, maybe this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack but some weeks ago I read that during the filming of Anthology, after the camera was turned off George Harrison said something like "this is what really happened".

But now I can´t figure out where I read that.. was it online? Was it in one the books I own?

Can you help?  roll:)
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
Re: George Harrison quote..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »

Towing the official lie...

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:45 AM »

*line

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »

Mmm, don't remember I ever read that. But I'll keep an eye out.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »

i've heard that one too,but i also don't remember where!!i suppose two of us can't be wrong?
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »

I think this quote is from one of the guys (must be) who interviewed the boys and he must have been talking about George and mentioned this.

And like I said.. after the camera was turned off, George Harrison was supposed to have said something like "..this is what really happened". And he smiled or/and laughed, like he didn´t want to reveal too much (or any) dirt in the book and in the Anthology TV series.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Marvin

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »

One of my favourite quotes from George was also on Anthology DVD. Talking about when they were touring in Australia and the crowds in the streets George said " They told us that more people had come out to see us than had come out to see The Queen which is hardly surprising because she hasn't had any hit records".

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »

i heard one,where they were watching some fan mania footage during the making of anthology,and george says...."i'd like bono to watch this,to see what it was like for a band who were REALLY big".that's a good one.i also like the quote where george says..."the world used us as an excuse to go mad and then blamed us for it".so,so cool,george.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »

.. after the camera was turned off, George Harrison was supposed to have said something like "..this is what really happened". And he smiled or/and laughed

That sounds like nothing more than George's typically wry, droll sense of humour to me  ;D

What I do remember reading was some off camera Anthology comment from George (when the idea was mooted by the documentary makers to emphasise the contribution of his Indian music and his later songwriting efforts within The Beatles story) along the lines of: "But that's not how it was..."

Typically humble George, not prepared to re-write history and put himself up there with John and Paul. A very talented but modest man, as we all know.

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 56 queries.